Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

random hookah session story (sad)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 14th, 2010, 07:06 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

Default random hookah session story (sad)

well this was on my mind so i figured i would share. a buddy of mine moved into a new condo last week and its a really nice place so we were both very excited.

despite just moving in...he has a sort of make shift "hookah lounge" low tables and floor seating (little leg-less pillow chair things) its pretty cool

today was the house warming party for a few friends and the first day we would be smoking hookah in his new place. while preparing the hookah. i dropped 2 large coals on very thin rug thing. it burned right through and on to the carpet. his house warming party resulted in MULTIPLE carpet burns (coal broke up as i was trying to hurry and pick it up) and me feeling like shit.
Old April 14th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Default Re: random hookah session story (sad)

lol that sux, i used the mr. clean eraser to get the coal burn out of my carpet. I have no idea how it worked but it did.
Old April 14th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Sleepdeprived12
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Sleepdeprived12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewzi View Post
lol that sux, i used the mr. clean eraser to get the coal burn out of my carpet. I have no idea how it worked but it did.
duh it's the "magic" eraser lol, in all seriousness though that's a bummer, and I'm sorry to hear it, bummer it had to be you and not him
Old April 14th, 2010, 07:44 PM
ViPa
Hookah Newbie

sorry man at least it was a rug and not carpet..it couldve been much worse
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:01 PM
PBRpunx14
Hookah Pro

that sux =/
just think of it as the first of many. we all have a couple burns in the carpet, comes with the territory. on the bright side... he just moved in. maybe he can arrange the furniture in a concealing manner. on the downside, one day he will inevitably move that furniture and remember how you burned the carpet...

here's a non-hookah related story to cheer you up. my friend moved into another mutual friend's apartment with about 5 months left on the lease. the carpets were in decent shape so they were planning on getting most of the security deposit back when they move out. about a week later, he comes home plastered drunk and knocks a lamp over. fortunately, it didn't break the bulb; unfortunately, the lamp was on. he doesn't even notice and goes off to do something else.
apparently, he came back later, noticed that the lamp had melted a large 4" diameter hole in the carpet and freaked out. he went into the back corner of one of the closets and cut another piece of carpet out to fill in the hole (being drunk, he cut the 'extra' piece much too large). cut the carpet square down to approximately the right size, stuck it in the first hole and put a book on top of it like no one would notice the book in the middle of the living room. went to bed and forgot the whole event. ***these details are the best explanation we could come up with from the aftermath.***
the original roommate got home the next morning, found the lamp lying on the floor surrounded by pieces of carpet, scissors, all the knives from the kitchen, and a book in the middle of the floor. then the search was on... it took him an hour to figure out where the replacement carpet had come from.
they ended up with a hole in the closet carpet, and a 'patched' hole in the living room carpet... but the patch carpet didn't even match correctly since he put a small circle of carpet that had basically experienced no foot traffic in the middle of the living room. they ended up cutting yet another piece from the closet carpet, going to the hardware store, and buying a matching sample of carpet. part of that was used to patch the low traffic spot in the closet, and part of that was rubbed with dirty shoes for a while to try to simulate 2 years of heavy foot traffic to patch the hole in the living room. when they moved out, they still ended up losing a good portion of the security deposit because the leasing company insisted (rightly so) on replacing both the carpet in the living room and the closet.
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:07 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

hahah that did kinda make me feel better. just hope he gets his deposit back. hhaha and glad you guys could relate. felt kinda dumb posting something like that.

=)
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:15 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

it comes with the hookah, anytime i go to a buddys place i try to setup on a kitchen table or somthin and i tell them that the hookah can tip or the coals can fall off and cause severe carpet burns and that would kill there deposit and well they understand it happens
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:56 PM
A_Teator1
Hookah Pro

Whoaa both of those stories are pretty intense lol the things that happen on drunken nights...
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:07 PM
dlr1881
Hookah Nut

the second story was funny till the end, thats why if ppl are drinking with hookah i put down a card board box the laugh at me but when they tip there little mya they thank me lol
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:55 PM
texashookah91
Hookah Nut

blame the carpet burn on a drunk girl(preferably a cute one). Works every time.
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewzi View Post
there is some kind of bleach solution in there I think (judging by the smell) so this is a a good way to get rid of those top of the carpet burns. For deep burns, you have to start cutting carpet
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Blaat
Hookah Pro

I'm sorry for you.. but things with coals just happen.. it could happen to everyone.

Just make sure to lit the coals in the kitchen or so and put the hookah away from carpet.
Hookah + Carpet are not the best friends.

Bleach can get like everything out of your carpet, but not only the coal burn, also other colors, if there are any on the carpet.
Old April 15th, 2010, 07:24 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

my gf's sister got a new apartment, and invited us over and i brought my hookah. I made a perfect circle burn in her brand new carpet. the carpet wasnt even a week old
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Devsterman
Hookah Nut

I was smoking with a friend in his car recently. He bumped the hookah, and the coal fell first on his seat, and then on the floor. Poor car.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:03 PM
andrewnnix
Hookah Pro

wow i've burned many a carpet, table, floor, even a hotel mattress. i was in vegas and had my hookah on the night stand next the the bed. well we were a little bit drunk and i the hookah got nocked over onto the bed and the floor. the coal burned all the way through to the mattress and another coal hit the floor. i didn't even think of getting the tongs to pick them up so i grabbed both coals with my hand and well it didn't hurt at the moment, but latter my fingers where blistered.
good thing the room was a smoking room. i didn't get charged for the damages!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook