Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Vortex Bowl Question

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Vortex Bowl Question

Bofore my vortex learned the killing force of gravity and laminate floor, I would use a single coal and a half coal, usually golden coals one accros from the other and only on the edges. you can also use the larger coals and have a single one. Although I never put it in the center, at that point your just heating the spire, and not much shisha.
Old April 19th, 2010, 03:19 PM
busscher25
Hookah Nut

This is actually a phunnel bowl ? but same as vortex...when you are punching the holes do u punch holes in the middle were the hole is to go down to the stem?
Old April 19th, 2010, 05:57 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.

kaz, thats really weird cuz I do the exact same thing as you except I poke about three/four rows of tiny wholes when using quicklights(x2) and it seems to work really nicely actually (esp with sb) try making your holes smaller maybe?
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:00 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

i poked them with a safety pin...and they were pretty small in i think 3 rows cant remember.. i packed SB mango (dif tobacco) pretty loose again. slightly past the holes and under the edge. and took a toothpick and went around the center thing to make sure the air flow was good. and then tried it in a reg egyptian to make sure it wasnt just me and the flavor was not as harsh. i also used a wind cover this time to help maintain the temp...same results. not like a definate harsh flavor..but i was like in the background. oo and i made sure i ashed often. lol it was a pretty "by the book" setup

lol idk mabe i just need to play around with it a little more...and getting some nats in the mail soon so mabe that might help

also someone suggested a tight pack on the bottom and losse on the top...i might try that tomorro. but i kinda doubt that would make a difference.

appreciate your help though
Old April 20th, 2010, 12:54 AM
A_Teator1
Hookah Pro

I usually lightly sprinkle my shisha in until its at the top of the spire and then pack it down until its at the holes in the spire. Then I throw my two exotica pieces on opposite sides of the bowl and smoke away
Old April 20th, 2010, 01:06 AM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.

Kaz, you said you just had two quicklights on the edge right? I start by placing mine almost half on the bowl half off, but actually when I double foil, it usually takes the heat pretty well, id say like 2/3 coal on 1/3 off. For starbuzz when I pack it, I actually try to roll out the leaves too, this actually makes a huge huge difference.
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:36 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

cdplayer,

role out the leaves?! ahahah i just like make sure there isnt any clumps....(didnt realy notice that that crap was in leaf shape..just a overly red mush...lol) i didnt know i was supposed to like separate each leaf...wow. musta missed that memo. haha ill try that soon. thanks.
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:57 PM
crystalmya123
Hookah Newbie

Dont put any holes or coals on the middle of the bowl. Cut the 3 kings coals in half and use 3 halves.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook