Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

question

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 15th, 2010, 08:30 PM
kawasakia890
Hookah Newbie

Default question

ive been wanting to get some more shisha, but i dont know what brand i should get, can any one help me
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:32 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: question

Your tastes dude, check the reviews section, as well as watch some vids (probably a better way to find a person with similar tastes as yours and watch some more of their reviews).

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old April 16th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Blaat
Hookah Pro

Just check online vendors to look what brands they have and what flavours you think you'll like. Then watch some video's about that flavour. If that's all positive, buy it!
Old April 16th, 2010, 03:15 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Pretty much the same recommendation from me, gonna have to check out the reviews.

The biggest hurdle in "recommending" for someone is their tastes. For example, Coyotero loves the more "natural" flavored Shisha.. earthy and spicy its for him. Me, however, I am a sucker for sweet shisha. Starbuzz, Social Smoke, JB, etc... love em.

Now if you ask me what I recommend vs. asking Coyotero (assuming we are just basing it on what we like) you will get two polar opposite opinions.

The trick is finding someone, either by written reviews or videos, who has similar tastes to your own. Best way is to look up reviews of brands/flavors you have already smoked and compare your experience with others. Once you found someone(s) you can use their other recommendations to help guide your future purchases.

How ever YMMV! There are always the differences in setup, heat management, packing, batches, etc that may make your experience a little different. Not to mention particular nuances that are "unique" to you. For example I *HATE* anise flavored Shisha so I know, no matter how much I agree with someone's reviews, unless they say "no anise flavor" I will probably hate most of the Apple/Double Apples out there.

Anyways, just my 23.367 Iraqi Dinars...
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip
Old April 16th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Ya man, what everyone said above. Shisha so really a matter of personal taste. What have you smoked and what do you like? Do you want to branch out and try something that is totally different that what you've tried in the past or do you want to stick pat with what you know? It's all up to you. Check the reviews and see what others have to say about the different brands/flavors. Then, either make an informed decision or take a chance on something new . . . smoke happy.

dus'
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:16 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

I recommend you get the smallest sizes offered in a variety of brands and a variety of flavors, learn the nuances of every brand and after trial and error you will begin to figure out what you like. Everyone has their own tastes, so i could tell you to get something i totally love and you will wind up hating it and thinking Im crazy.
I like tradtional black tobacco. Most people like frutiy sweet stuff. This forum the majority like Nakhla, followed by starbuzz and then AF.
I think if your completely new some good newbie flavors are the various fruits as well as AF mint. I think AF mint is a good staple to have around, it mixes well when something is overly sweet and its not overly powerful.
Blue mist is popular, it has a ton of fans. Not my thing but its a blueberry mint mix.
fantasia raspberry kamikaze is good one if your into sweet fruity flavors.
Nakhla double apple has die hard fans and also people that just say yuck to it.

I would say get a bunch of 50g flavors and experiment.
Old April 18th, 2010, 03:24 AM
kawasakia890
Hookah Newbie

ok thanks
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Good advice, Ari. Thats the tack I'm taking these days, too. 50g packs of various brands/flavors. Keeping a list so that I can note my impressions of each one and then reorder the ones I prefer. It's all very scientific. LOL Not for the weak of heart! LOL Smoke happy.

dus'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
I recommend you get the smallest sizes offered in a variety of brands and a variety of flavors, learn the nuances of every brand and after trial and error you will begin to figure out what you like. Everyone has their own tastes, so i could tell you to get something i totally love and you will wind up hating it and thinking Im crazy.
I like tradtional black tobacco. Most people like frutiy sweet stuff. This forum the majority like Nakhla, followed by starbuzz and then AF.
I think if your completely new some good newbie flavors are the various fruits as well as AF mint. I think AF mint is a good staple to have around, it mixes well when something is overly sweet and its not overly powerful.
Blue mist is popular, it has a ton of fans. Not my thing but its a blueberry mint mix.
fantasia raspberry kamikaze is good one if your into sweet fruity flavors.
Nakhla double apple has die hard fans and also people that just say yuck to it.

I would say get a bunch of 50g flavors and experiment.
Old April 18th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSPANNERo View Post
Pretty much the same recommendation from me, gonna have to check out the reviews.

The biggest hurdle in "recommending" for someone is their tastes. For example, Coyotero loves the more "natural" flavored Shisha.. earthy and spicy its for him. Me, however, I am a sucker for sweet shisha. Starbuzz, Social Smoke, JB, etc... love em.

Now if you ask me what I recommend vs. asking Coyotero (assuming we are just basing it on what we like) you will get two polar opposite opinions.

The trick is finding someone, either by written reviews or videos, who has similar tastes to your own. Best way is to look up reviews of brands/flavors you have already smoked and compare your experience with others. Once you found someone(s) you can use their other recommendations to help guide your future purchases.

How ever YMMV! There are always the differences in setup, heat management, packing, batches, etc that may make your experience a little different. Not to mention particular nuances that are "unique" to you. For example I *HATE* anise flavored Shisha so I know, no matter how much I agree with someone's reviews, unless they say "no anise flavor" I will probably hate most of the Apple/Double Apples out there.

Anyways, just my 23.367 Iraqi Dinars...
+1 i couldn't have said it better myself. If you are even in chat listen to KK or Spanner for fruity tobaccos and if you wan't something more natural like DM ask Coyotero, xanhonestpuckx, capthowdy. If you want to get into tangiers as me because i am a huge tangiers fan.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook