Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Kamal

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 11th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Kamal

I got a bunch of this stuff the day I moved which is strange because i've never even heard of the stuff. Anyone know where it's made and by whom?

Anyway, I tried the Banana flavoured stuff they sent and it's pretty weird. It has a little bit of anise in the background but basically it has an artificial taste that I don't like at all.

Anyone able to recommend anything from this brand?
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Re: Kamal

I heard it all burns into a black hockey puck, reviews I have seen werent too favorable.
Old February 11th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Mixed Berries is the best flavor I've smoked so far. It's best to seperate it on a saucer and acclimate it for 4-12 hours and pack it as fluffy as you can. It takes alot of heat to get going. I haven't hated any of the flavors but some are not great and others are fairly good. they are all extremely sticky!
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I had the peach Kamal today and it's really pretty good. Very natural if not strongly flavoured. I like the cardboard tray and the zip lock on the pouch. I'll whip up a review later.
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:10 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I've been hearing a lot about this new brand. Some lucky peeps got some samples in their hands :P

But from the looks of it, the brand doesn't seem too great b/c people keep saying how all the juice keeps going down the stem and into the vase. Seems like this brand is way too juicy :P

But then again, Kamal is trying to get as much feedback as possible so they can improve it and everything.
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding
I've been hearing a lot about this new brand. Some lucky peeps got some samples in their hands :P

But from the looks of it, the brand doesn't seem too great b/c people keep saying how all the juice keeps going down the stem and into the vase. Seems like this brand is way too juicy :P

But then again, Kamal is trying to get as much feedback as possible so they can improve it and everything.
No Jilly juicy would be a delight! LOL The liquid in this shisha is like thick dark corn syrup. It doesn't get leaky until it gets heated, then it drenches your grommet and coats the inside of the stem. If you don't clean the stem immediately after the session the goop in the stem hardens to a awful sticky mess that takes hot water, vinegar, and several passes with a cleaning brush to remove. I like most of the flavors but that excessive sticky syrup stuff is a real pain.
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:53 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I haven't tried any myself, but I believe it's supposed to be from a cigar type company. According to some reviews & feedback I've read, it's a toss up. Some like it, others don't. Some complained of a cigar aftertaste - anybody who had tried some, did you notice that?

That goopy syrup mess sounds horrible .... I would be annoyed enough to toss the whole pack if it did that to any of my stems.
Old February 13th, 2008, 04:09 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

it's too sticky, the flavors are Alright, and there's a mild tobacco taste at times. I think they just need to lighten up on whatever they use to make the glycerin so gooey...

Oh., and the mouth tip thing. They are flavored, corresponding to the flavor they come with. I think they are relying too much on the mouth tips themselves, and alot of people use Nammors and cannot fit tips on them. They are a cigar company, just getting into shisha, so they have a little ways to go.
Old February 13th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I am not concerned about it being sticky as all you need to do is wet your finger tips before packing a bowl. I like that Kamal has almost no stems as that shows they trying to give you a decent value for your money and the packing is great.

I tried the mixed berries today and while it tasted nothing like berries it had a nice floral taste although it would have been better if it was a bit stronger.

Kamal takes a lot of heat to get going so when I use the super chief bowl i use either 6 bit of natural coal or 6 halves of 3 kings. If you don't use a lot of coals and smoke rather aggressively when you start a session you'll never get the stuff to smoke properly.
Old February 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I tried the double apple today and I have to say I really liked it. It had a complicated blend of natural apples, something flower like and good quality tobacco in the background. The apple flavour wasn't as assertive as I like but very good nonetheless. The only downside is that it only lasted about 30 minutes. It seems that it's short lived flavour is a result of the shisha being too dense so i'll try adding a bit of glycerine when I smoke any additional samples. I've found that in terms of heat management and whole patterns you should treat this stuff like Nahkla.
Old February 16th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

tastes like flavored pipe tobacco, was not impressed and it needs retarded amount of heat to smoke well.

i have a bunch of shit i dont even wanna smoke.
Old February 16th, 2008, 04:13 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

i remember trying kamal with a couple of friends, didn't taste that bad, but it wasn't good either.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook