Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Cardboard??? WHAT?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 17th, 2010, 12:30 PM
tmv8888
Hookah Pro

Default Cardboard??? WHAT?

So i sat down with my little 10 inch pumpkin vase and set it up with some JM's Peach. (one of my personal favorites). The night before, i smoked the same tobacco out of my sahara 13 incher. tasted great and everything was lovely. But, when i put the same tobacco into my little 10 incher, the first taste i get is straight cardboard... I have no idea why it tasted so terrible. I'm pretty upset because i wasted an entire bowl of JM's peach. I used a three kings 40mm ql (the big one) and a vortex bowl. My only guess would be that something in my little 10 incher rusted, causing a terrible flavor. The thing was only like $20, so i wouldn't be surprised if something went wrong in the tubing. If any of you have any idea what could of possibly happened to my poor hookah please tell me. Also, if you know any ways to fix it that would be great.
Old April 17th, 2010, 12:32 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Cardboard??? WHAT?

It's possible you could have some rust in your rig or even in your hose if it's nonwashable and has some moisture in it.
Old April 17th, 2010, 12:39 PM
RuFFandWanduh
Hookah Nut

Sorry to hear about a waist of shisha and a non enjoyable smoking session. Did you use the original hose that it came with? If so its likely that it may have metal coil wire inside the hose that tends to rust on cheaper hookahs, happend to me after bringing one of my mini's to the beach. Next time you fire up your regular hookah try changing hoses and see if thats what it was, other wise id say find some rust remover let it soak inside the stem for a while and clean it thoroughly with mild soap and water.

Goodluck!
Old April 17th, 2010, 01:30 PM
tmv8888
Hookah Pro

could it have anything to do with the coal? what about the flavor i smoked before the peach? (butterscotch). I dont taste butterscotch at all, but that may have something to do with it. I clean my hookah with a brush after every session though, so ghosting rarely happens to me. unless its my hose, which is also rare cuz i air it out very well between sessions. What about the tobacco itself? could it be stale or something?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook