Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla buzz

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 18th, 2010, 06:57 AM
simmonsjeffreya
Hookah Newbie

Default Nakhla buzz

I smoked my first bowl of Nakhla today. I went with Mizo Sweet Melon. The thing I find confusing is the buzz I experienced, or rather, didn't. Everywhere I look on this forum, I see people saying it's one of the stronger buzz's out there and so on. I hadn't smoked in a few days since I ran out of shisha, so I figured it would be a lot stronger than what I'm used to.

To put it simply, I experienced no buzz at all. When I smoke Romman, I get the typical light headed type buzz for a little while, then just a calming, relaxing feeling after that for the rest of the session. Is this because it's Nakhla Mizo, or could something else be going on? The only other difference in this session was that I used a new bowl, the Alien Mini Phunnel. I typically use a Vortex bowl. But I was still getting big, dense clouds, so I don't see why that would be the issue.

All in all, I loved the flavor, much stronger tasting than Romman, and lasted the length of the session. I do like the buzz from Romman more, and understood that this was supposed to be as strong, if not stronger than that? Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I'm sort of lost as to why this occured.

-Jeff
Old April 18th, 2010, 11:19 AM
hdwindex
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Nakhla buzz

mizo is a washed line of nakhla so that could be one reason, and to me i find certain flavours of nakhla give more of a buzz then others
Old April 18th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Spaaaz
Hookah Newbie

It is because its the mizo line,if you like the buzz then the mizo line isnt for you it was created for those like like a very mild buzz or no buzz at all.same with tangiers lucid line.
Old April 18th, 2010, 12:13 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwindex View Post
mizo is a washed line of nakhla so that could be one reason, and to me i find certain flavours of nakhla give more of a buzz then others
Nope on that one Mizo is not washed just more Juicy the washed line is El Basha
Old April 18th, 2010, 12:15 PM
hookahgirl613
Hookah Newbie

could be that your aware of the potential for the buzz, therefore your more conscious of taking safe precautions (sorry if im way off my bf is a psychologist)
Old April 18th, 2010, 12:16 PM
himenow
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to himenow Send a message via AIM to himenow Send a message via MSN to himenow Send a message via Skype™ to himenow

Try some other Nakhla flavors, or just pack another bowl and try smoking it again. It happens with me sometimes too, when I smoke, I don't feel a buzz. But then afterwards, maybe a couple of hours later, when I pack a bowl (of the same flavor) again, I get a pretty decent buzz
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:42 PM
simmonsjeffreya
Hookah Newbie

I'll have to try the Mizo Mint I got tonight, and maybe another bowl of Mizo Sweet Melon after that. I suppose it could have also been I was expecting a stronger buzz, so took it easy at first, dunno really.
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Hookah Newb
Hookah Nut

Try regular Nakhla, Nakhla Mizo is supposed to be weaker nicotine wise.
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:04 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

wtf is mizo sweet melon?

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

^^I was wondering the same. There is a Mizo Watermelon, I didn't think there was a Mizo Sweet Melon, just regular Sweet Melon.
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:25 PM
simmonsjeffreya
Hookah Newbie

Ah yeah sorry for the confusion. I bought Mizo Watermelon, and Starbuzz Sweet Melon. It was the Mizo Watermelon I smoked, just got the two names mixed up.
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:27 PM
anis14
Hookah Guru

Mizo has 0.50% Nicotine the same as the regular line. Maybe the added 'juices' change the buzz in some way.
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by anis14 View Post
Mizo has 0.50% Nicotine the same as the regular line. Maybe the added 'juices' change the buzz in some way.
The nicotine contents indicated on the packaging are never an accurate measure. Tobacco manufacturers don't really check the nicotine contents of their products. They just use an estimate that's based on the type of tobacco that's used and the subsequent manufacturing process that may or may not include washing the tobacco leaf. The actual nicotine contents will vary wildly depending on the consistency of the tobacco supply and the processing methods that the company uses. In some countries, a nicotine percentage is actually required for each and every tobacco product. The manufacturer just puts an estimated number on there in order to avoid legal troubles.

tl;dr nicotine contents are only a suggestion; actual percentage might be higher or lower, usually much lower
Old April 18th, 2010, 10:27 PM
andrewnnix
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
The nicotine contents indicated on the packaging are never an accurate measure. Tobacco manufacturers don't really check the nicotine contents of their products. They just use an estimate that's based on the type of tobacco that's used and the subsequent manufacturing process that may or may not include washing the tobacco leaf. The actual nicotine contents will vary wildly depending on the consistency of the tobacco supply and the processing methods that the company uses. In some countries, a nicotine percentage is actually required for each and every tobacco product. The manufacturer just puts an estimated number on there in order to avoid legal troubles.

tl;dr nicotine contents are only a suggestion; actual percentage might be higher or lower, usually much lower
thanks for the info thats good to know
Old April 18th, 2010, 11:55 PM
simmonsjeffreya
Hookah Newbie

Ok, I'm outside smoking another bowl of Watermelon now. Definitely a buzz this time, still not as strong as I expected though. Next time I'll order just regular Nakhla. This makes me wonder though, could the amount of shisha used be the issue? This time I am smoking a full Vortex bowl, last time was the Alien Mini Phunnel. Could it be that the fact I've got more shisha (roughly 2-3 times as much) in it leads to a greater buzz, or perhaps it was just a fluke last time? I even ate the same foods at the same times to get an equal 'full stomach' comparison, haha.
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmonsjeffreya View Post
Ok, I'm outside smoking another bowl of Watermelon now. Definitely a buzz this time, still not as strong as I expected though. Next time I'll order just regular Nakhla. This makes me wonder though, could the amount of shisha used be the issue? This time I am smoking a full Vortex bowl, last time was the Alien Mini Phunnel. Could it be that the fact I've got more shisha (roughly 2-3 times as much) in it leads to a greater buzz, or perhaps it was just a fluke last time? I even ate the same foods at the same times to get an equal 'full stomach' comparison, haha.
In theory, the less shisha you put into the bowl, the more buzz you'll get.

A smaller amount of tobacco will cook hotter. A bowl that burns hot will give you intense flavor but the smoke will become flavorless quickly, because the moisture content of the tobacco will have evaporated (the smoke is actually vapor). In that vapor is your nicotine.

On the other hand, if you had more tobacco in the bowl, the heat would be more distributed and thus, the moisture contents would vaporize slower. That way, the nicotine buzz would be less noticeable.

Short version: Take it slow, make your sessions last and you will buzz less. That's what hookah is about, right?
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:40 AM
simmonsjeffreya
Hookah Newbie

Ah, I never thought about it that way. And honestly, I enjoy the buzz, it calms me down (anxiety issues.) It's not that much of a concern to me, just thought it was of interest, but it does make sense that it'd burn hotter and release things faster. Interesting that I'm experiencing the opposite effects, though.
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I<3JOHNS_WIFE
Hookah Newbie

doesnt buzz me either. try tangiers thats a super buzz for me. try bug powder
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:22 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.

definitely try Tangiers for buzz. Tangiers buzz shits on Nakhla.
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:49 PM
texashookah91
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmonsjeffreya View Post
I think the buzz is inconsistent because I have the same issue with mizo peach and guava. Sometimes I get a crazy buzz, and sometime nothing at all. I wonder what might cause this?
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:54 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.

Well are you guys smoking anything in between? When I smoke starbuzz then nakhla I definnitely notice the buzz more than if i smoke nakhla then nakhla.
Old April 19th, 2010, 07:22 PM
tapatio10floz
Hookah Nut

I really want to try some nak but I just spent $60 on hookah shit this month
Old April 19th, 2010, 07:49 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

My dad got me a carton of 10 x50mg nakhla straight from egypt including a 250g of double apple nakhla (All for under three bucks. score), but sadly I actually feel like I won't be smoking them anytime soon...or ever. Mizo is just so good and I have too many tins of Starbuzz laying around. Wanna trade? haha
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook