Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Hoses for Certain Hookahs?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 19th, 2010, 04:03 AM
drooblez23
Hookah Newbie

Arrow Hookah Hoses for Certain Hookahs?

Hey everyone,

Just joined the forums and just spent the last half hour reading all these threads and taking in all the great information here

I do have a (stupid) question...

I bought a hookah at my local hookah shop/longue but I'm not sure what kind of hookah it is. I'm just now learning there's all these different types of hookahs like Khalil Mamoon, etc.

I'm not sure what kind I bought, but it was $95 (I got a good deal... they were having a sale that day) and it's pretty big. It sort of looks like this one:

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-6206-...se-hookah.html

Except mine is blue, and the bottom is blue as well. The only difference is that the valve where I put my hose is not curved like the one in the link above.

Anyway, my question is do you think I'd be able to use Khalil Mamoon Hookah Hose on my hookah? I mean, even if I didn't have a Khalil Mamoon hookah would it work? I just fear that the hose won't fit in my hose valve.

Anyway, I hope this question isn't too stupid and someone can answer this .

I'll try to get a picture of my hookah up tomorrow.

Thanks!

P.S. Can anyone recommend a link to where I can get a nice vortex bowl? Thanks!
Old April 19th, 2010, 04:15 AM
simmonsjeffreya
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Hookah Hoses for Certain Hookahs?

Hi and welcome to the forum. To answer your questions, generally from my experience, you can fit any hose to any hookah. This probably isn't Always the case, but using various grommets, you should be able to. That being said, why do you want a KM hose, and not something washable such as a Nammor hose (no bias, just what I've learned to love.)

Also, if you take pictures of your hookah, if it's a known one, someone here will be able to tell you right away it seems. Especially when it comes to KM's. As for the Vortex bowl, you can buy them straight from the manufacturer, Sahara Smoke, or even check your local shops. I lucked out and found one at a local "import store" for $12.95. Not too bad considering I saved on shipping.
Old April 19th, 2010, 04:22 AM
drooblez23
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for your quick reply! You are right, the Nammor hose is what I was wanting to buy. I had a lot of tabs open, and one of them was for the KM hose but like you said, the Nammor is washable and seems to perform better.

Just to be extra safe, I'll put up a pic of my hookah tomorrow.

As far as bowls go... do they fit all hookahs the same as well?

I found this vortex bowl by using Google:
http://www.hookah-life.com/vortex-hookah-bowl.html

I'm not sure if there are certain hookah bowl companies that have the best quality bowls or if they are all generally the same?
Old April 19th, 2010, 04:24 AM
kayoz
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to kayoz

Well about the brand of you're hookah, u'd have to post a pic...or check if the hookah has KM detail. Did they give you a case or something? Anyways about your hose...My hookah valve is originally for Mya hose's(same for my bf's hose) and we tinked it by buying these http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-3319-...-rotating.html which are adapters. And you'll need Egyptian grommets also that's if you by a Grand hose or KM hose or any other big hose...I get all my stuff from http://www.hookah-shisha.com. As for the bowl(funnel bowl) I bought it at my local smoke shop. Read some reviews on here or on hookah-shisha.com They both helped me and my bf out.
Old April 19th, 2010, 04:28 AM
simmonsjeffreya
Hookah Newbie

Unlike the Phunnel bowls, the Vortex bowl is made by one company. There are many knock-offs of the Phunnel, but I've yet to find a knockoff of the Vortex. If you look closely at your link, one of the bullets says "Sahara Vortex," meaning the same one I linked to. They're just a reseller of the original Vortex is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drooblez23 View Post
As far as bowls go... do they fit all hookahs the same as well?

I found this vortex bowl by using Google:
http://www.hookah-life.com/vortex-hookah-bowl.html

I'm not sure if there are certain hookah bowl companies that have the best quality bowls or if they are all generally the same?
Old April 19th, 2010, 04:32 AM
kayoz
Hookah Newbie

Its best to go with a washable hose and as for bowls I'd look at local shops before getting one offline. Least you'll get to see what your buying hands on.
Old April 19th, 2010, 04:38 AM
drooblez23
Hookah Newbie

Alright thanks both of you for your help! I'll post my hookah on this thread tomorrow and hopefully someone can figure out what it is haha

From there I think I'll be able to find out what I will need, but I'll be sure to ask for help if I need it. Very helpful, thanks again!
Old April 19th, 2010, 04:39 AM
kayoz
Hookah Newbie

Welcome!
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:42 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

right now there is a 20% off sale at hookah-shisha.com. They are the only ones that carry an original nammor. All accessories are on sale, take advantage!
Old April 19th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Devsterman
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoz View Post
Well about the brand of you're hookah, u'd have to post a pic...or check if the hookah has KM detail. Did they give you a case or something? Anyways about your hose...My hookah valve is originally for Mya hose's(same for my bf's hose) and we tinked it by buying these http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-3319-...-rotating.html which are adapters. And you'll need Egyptian grommets also that's if you by a Grand hose or KM hose or any other big hose...I get all my stuff from http://www.hookah-shisha.com. As for the bowl(funnel bowl) I bought it at my local smoke shop. Read some reviews on here or on hookah-shisha.com They both helped me and my bf out.
I just put an order in on Saturday. I am buying an extra Nammor hose, the adapter you linked, an extra grommet, and a vortex bowl. Its funny how everything mentioned in this thread was in my cart. I love Hookah-Shisha.
Old April 19th, 2010, 11:46 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Hookah-shisha is currently running a promo for their tenth year in business. Lots of things, all hookah bowls included, are 20% off. The vortex bowl they sell is legit and on sale.
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
right now there is a 20% off sale at hookah-shisha.com. They are the only ones that carry an original nammor. All accessories are on sale, take advantage!
They also sell vortex bowls, just don't buy a phunnel from them because its not a tangiers phunnel its chinese and they don't work as well because the center hole is to high and the foil gets stuck on the inhale messing up your draw.
Old April 21st, 2010, 04:17 AM
drooblez23
Hookah Newbie

Alright guys! Got the pics up...

Do you know what kind of hookah I have?

http://img535.imageshack.us/g/hookahlower.jpg/

P.S. I know the flowers on the bottom are dumbbbb... I'm gonna take a razor blade to 'em tomorrow and get those suckers off
Old April 21st, 2010, 07:41 AM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

i dont have a kalil mamoon and only have seen one a few times. but i would say thats not one.
Old April 21st, 2010, 09:10 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

it looks like a generic egyptian, or an egyptian style made in china, nothing wrong with flowers on a hookah
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Looks very chinese to me.

Reasons:
Anodized ash tray... Something the Egyptians just don't do. The Chinese however, love to.

Purge valve. Very chinese style.

Hose port. Ditto.

Hose. I realize that egyptian pipes often come with cheapo hoses, and by itself it's not enough to be damning, but taken as part of the whole picture it is.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:45 AM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.

just get some nice fitting grommets. you can always use paper towel too.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 12:19 AM
drooblez23
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for your replies everyone. Yeah, The ash tray was actually taken from a different hookah... for some reason, an ash tray didn't come with my new hookah. So I just used the old one.

And the hose is something I added as well. But I'm sure it's Chinese or something.

Well I got my phunnel bowl, got the Nammor hose, and got some Coconara coals... should all be getting here tomorrow!
Old April 22nd, 2010, 02:10 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by drooblez23 View Post
Thanks for your replies everyone. Yeah, The ash tray was actually taken from a different hookah... for some reason, an ash tray didn't come with my new hookah. So I just used the old one.

And the hose is something I added as well. But I'm sure it's Chinese or something.

Well I got my phunnel bowl, got the Nammor hose, and got some Coconara coals... should all be getting here tomorrow!
I would say the stem looks Egyptian except the purge valve, only ever seen that type on chinese pipes.

Either way, should work fine.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
drooblez23
Hookah Newbie

It definitely works good. I'm so excited to get the coals and the phunnel bowl and the Nammor hose! It's gonna be the best smoking experience by far!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook