Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Buzz

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 20th, 2010, 07:26 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Default Re: Buzz

Damn though Hookah was about the enjoyment and relaxation after a long days hard work. Seems I was Wrong it is all Clouds and Buzz.

If you want Buzz go tease some Bees or Hornets.

I smoke Hookah to relax and unwind after a long day of dealing with ignorant users in IT and suicidal maniacs behind the wheels of automobiles on the roads of Johannesburg. When I get home I take an Hour or two of Me Time to prepare my Hookah and smoke a nice Bowl in peace and quite or on weekends to sit and talk to my wife and kids while enjoying a smoke.
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Variable
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to Variable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
Damn though Hookah was about the enjoyment and relaxation after a long days hard work. Seems I was Wrong it is all Clouds and Buzz.
This is the truth.

When I first came to this forum a couple of weeks back I was perplexed by the fascination with this so called "buzz", and cloud production. As far as the clouds go, I can kinda understand it. It is fun to see large, billowing clouds of smoke. This "buzz" concept, and why it is important, is still a mystery to me. I too smoke simply to relax, and enjoy new flavors.
Old April 20th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Laimis
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to Laimis

You want a real buzz? Make your own unwashed tobacco! Worked great for me, just flavour was not as good as al fakher
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:49 AM
HSK Locals
Hookah Pro

try tangiers noir. or smoking on a empty stomach. and dont drink anything cold either
Old April 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
This is the truth.

When I first came to this forum a couple of weeks back I was perplexed by the fascination with this so called "buzz", and cloud production. As far as the clouds go, I can kinda understand it. It is fun to see large, billowing clouds of smoke. This "buzz" concept, and why it is important, is still a mystery to me. I too smoke simply to relax, and enjoy new flavors.
Variable, as I've said before, there unfortunately aren't a whole lot of true tobacco lovers into this in the US. There are more on this board than I've seen anywhere else.

I think for a lot of folks, it has novelty appeal. It's got candy flavors and puffy white clouds and glass bottle you can put silly crap into. For these folks, it's a fun thing to do. For a tobacco lover, it's the same as with a pipe or fine cigar: It's about simple time spent.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old April 20th, 2010, 03:23 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.

can it not be both? I love prepping a nice hookah after dinner and having a relaxing smoke with my gf or friends to just kick it and I enjoy it for its "simple time spent," but at the same time big flavors and big smoke are a nice addition
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've been really disturbed about this thread and ignoring it for a while but I feel the time has come to speak up for the good of the forum and the hobby.

For starters I dislike talking about buzz in relation to moassel since doing so has the connotations of illegal substances we should never be associating ourselves with. When I read about people seeking the biggest buzz I ( and almost everyone that isn’t in our hobby) assume that we talking about intoxication and that is bad thing for use all.

Frankly the idea looking for buzzes seems like a bad idea since it’s at odds with the whole nature of the hobby and reminds one of teenagers seeking out “legal highs”. I understand that most people at these forums are college kids looking for some exotic novelty who are happy with big clouds, candy flavours and getting a buzz but that is something I have and always will object to.

In any case, someone pointed out that’s impossible (literally) to get a nicotine buzz from AF/AW/SS/SB/Cuzzins/HF/HH/Fantasia etc. since for all practical purposes the tobacco has brrn boiled/washed/processed so heavily that the tobacco is just a flavourless cellulose that soaks up some artificial flavours and that mixture is drowned in glycerine.

When one gets a buzz 9 times out of 10 what they are doing is taking in far to much CO which really a bad thing to do health wise.

I hope against reason that more people will realize that real tobacco has a far more rich and flavourful profile then glycerine and candy/drink flavours.

Smoking shouldn’t be about warding off a nicfit, putting weird crap in your base or finding another way to taste candy/energy drinks/yuppie drinks/foods or blowing clouds big enough to hide your car. It should be about the joys of craftsmanship and the pleasures afforded us by a wonderful leaf.
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

It is very hard to get a nicotine buzz from most tobaccos because so many of them are washed. I do enjoy Tangiers and DM because they are a tad more heavy hitting. I have to agree with you Hajo that most people "buzzing" are doing so because of a lack of oxygen or to much CO. If you guys want an insane nicotine buzz go get some dip. lol
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Laimis
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to Laimis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
Variable, as I've said before, there unfortunately aren't a whole lot of true tobacco lovers into this in the US. There are more on this board than I've seen anywhere else.

I think for a lot of folks, it has novelty appeal. It's got candy flavors and puffy white clouds and glass bottle you can put silly crap into. For these folks, it's a fun thing to do. For a tobacco lover, it's the same as with a pipe or fine cigar: It's about simple time spent.
Exactly, it's about time well spent, and preparing hookah, perfecting it, trying out new flavors and improving the time of relaxation is what hookah pro members are all about
I don't agree with buzz tho, I love big clouds and buzz makes me lazy
Old April 20th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Smoking shouldn’t be about warding off a nicfit, putting weird crap in your base or finding another way to taste candy/energy drinks/yuppie drinks/foods or blowing clouds big enough to hide your car. It should be about the joys of craftsmanship and the pleasures afforded us by a wonderful leaf.
+1,000

Quoted for massive truth.

Old April 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashookah91 View Post
Last time I was at Texas Hookah (the store in Houston) he had a product called "add buzz to your shisha" or something like that. It was a small pouch of brown powder that he claimed was pure nicotine. If you want to add buzz to starbuzz or washed tobacco sprinkle some of that on it and I assume it will get the buzz you want.
I never heard of that but it strikes me as a bad idea since too much nicotine can (like everything else) be toxic. Don't drink the water you soak tombac in, don't, smoke nicotina rustica as if it's regular tobacco and don't add pure nicotine to your moassel. Hell, I wonder if selling pure nicotine is even legal.
Old April 20th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
Get some Nicotina Rustica and prepare it like tombac. That's a guaranteed buzz.
I gotta tell you that is a bad idea. Some variant of Nicotina Rustica can have 35%+ nicotine and if you smoke of that you'll literally have the worst headache of your life, get sick, you will likely pass out and hallucinate. Oh, by the way it tastes like crap.
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:48 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I gotta tell you that is a bad idea. Some variant of Nicotina Rustica can have 35%+ nicotine and if you smoke of that you'll literally have the worst headache of your life, get sick, you will likely pass out and hallucinate. Oh, by the way it tastes like crap.
Oh, I know. I used to hang out every so often with some eclectic new age hippie types that used the stuff as incense. Pretty damn potent.

In retrospect, I should have put a sarcasm disclaimer on that post. Oops.

Old April 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM
cdo749
Hookah Newbie

Starbuzz Tangerine is a nice buzz
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:12 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.

haha. totallyy brohh.
Old April 21st, 2010, 04:32 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashookah91 View Post
Last time I was at Texas Hookah (the store in Houston) he had a product called "add buzz to your shisha" or something like that. It was a small pouch of brown powder that he claimed was pure nicotine. If you want to add buzz to starbuzz or washed tobacco sprinkle some of that on it and I assume it will get the buzz you want.
I would not advise this at all because if you screw this up it can actually kill you.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook