Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Issues!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 12th, 2008, 12:43 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast
Default Issues!

Issue 1. I have been getting some nausea after smoking some layalina anyone know what may be causing this?

Issue 2: I found that my heart has 3 tiny holes in it.....i can feel the air when I blow into the hose, however, it doesn't effect my smoke at all. What should I do about this if anything? Maybe take some nail glue or super glue to seal the holes?

Oh, please bombard me with suggestions I'd really enjoy it
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:06 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Issues!

Issue #1: Have you been eating or drinking while/before smoking? If not, you can get sick and nauseous easily from all the nicotine. I smoke Layalina and I never get ne stomach aches or anything.

Issue #2, Yeah I don't think it would hurt to use super glue. As long as it doesn't get near any heat, its not really hazardous.
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:08 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding
Issue #1: Have you been eating or drinking while/before smoking? If not, you can get sick and nauseous easily from all the nicotine. I smoke Layalina and I never get ne stomach aches or anything.

Issue #2, Yeah I don't think it would hurt to use super glue. As long as it doesn't get near any heat, its not really hazardous.
Yeh I have been eating and drinking before and during smoking. I think I'm not used to the nicotine yet as I am still new to hookah...
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:22 AM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

make sure to breathe between hits, and also if you feel sick step outside and get some fresh air. Also, the type of coals you use may also cause nausea...at least it did for me.
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

1) either its the lack of fresh air, lets face it smoking in a house in the winter means no open windows and it will get hazy fast. if your not used to smoking any sort of niccotine you will feel sick, possibly puke.

2) those holes are not a problem at all, mine has them as well. i could be wrong but i believe if you plug them you might constrict airflow and make it harder to take a pull. so just leave them
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:36 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

it could just be the "hookah sickness". i remember i used to get headaches and nausea after sessions, but it eventually went away
Old February 12th, 2008, 07:34 AM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

makes sure to take 1 or 2 breaths between each hit and also light coals outside (if you're using QL's..)
Old February 12th, 2008, 08:25 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Issue #1: the others are right. Drink something and maybe munch some crackers or such not. Take deep breaths to clear your lungs every once and awhile. It's not always about making clouds, relax and enjoy the taste.

Issue #2: The Old saying... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." My 22" Egyptian's smoke valve is cracked - smoke comes out when I clear it, but it smokes like a dream. Also long as you contiune to get great smoke, don't mess with it. Egyptians aren't 100% sealed due to being hand-made.
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

If you get sick when you smoke you are doing something wrong. Let me suggest that you smoke slowly and shallowly forgetting about clouds and concentrate on taste and texture. wait a good 30 seconds between draws and eat some fruit when you smoke. Since your taste buds are not in your lungs don't bother to inhale. It also is a good idea to walk around when you smoke so you're not getting a constant intake of CO and such.
Old February 12th, 2008, 02:07 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
If you get sick when you smoke you are doing something wrong. Let me suggest that you smoke slowly and shallowly forgetting about clouds and concentrate on taste and texture. wait a good 30 seconds between draws and eat some fruit when you smoke. Since your taste buds are not in your lungs don't bother to inhale. It also is a good idea to walk around when you smoke so you're not getting a constant intake of CO and such.
Hajo...some of the best advice you have given. You should read my post in this discussion:
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=2196.0

Me and you think alike
Old February 12th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Azadi
Hookah Newbie

Issue #1

I agree with everyone who said that you should probably eat and/or drink before you smoke. I had the worst experience when I smoked on an empty stomach, and I threw up after that session. WORST PAIN EVER! So make sure you eat and drink before/during, and again with what everyone else said, just relax. Take in a few good hits, but you don't have to take constant huge hits, pass the hose around, enjoy the company of those around you, have a nice conversation. If you're feeling lucky, dare that special someone to do a shotgun, hahaha.

So when I smoke, personally, I make sure I've eaten, and then me and my friends just put on some nice Middle Eastern music and chill. Sometimes we'll watch whatever game is on, or just listen to the music, it's all good in the end. If you want some tips on Middle Eastern music you can listen to some Amr Diab, Alabina, and Arash, for starters. Hope this post helped.

-Azadi
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook