Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

leaving hookah set up

Hookah Discussion

View Poll Results: is it okay to leave my hookah set up water in the base and everything
yes 31 46.27%
no 36 53.73%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share

Old April 20th, 2010, 01:26 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.
Default Re: leaving hookah set up

When you guys clean your hookahs do you use any kind of cleaner or anything? Ive always thought about using some dish soap or soemthing, but don't exactly know how that would go. I wanna get rid of the slight smell, but i dont wanna replace it with the smell of soap
Old April 20th, 2010, 01:30 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdplayersony View Post
When you guys clean your hookahs do you use any kind of cleaner or anything? Ive always thought about using some dish soap or soemthing, but don't exactly know how that would go. I wanna get rid of the slight smell, but i dont wanna replace it with the smell of soap
For my base i use ivory hand soap, i put it on the inside of the neck of the base and then the hot water rushing from the sink makes it foam right up and then a hookah brush makes it sparkle. i then rinse count-em five times to make sure there is zero soap left in the base.

for the stem, i use a solution of 20% lemon juice and hot water, if the lemon juice lingers i wash it again with baking powder to counteract that.

the hose i follow hookah-shisha.com's how to clean a nammor step for step and i make sure to let the hose dry for a full 24 hours
Old April 20th, 2010, 02:46 PM
iMaD
Hookah Pro

For God's sake just dump the water and rinse the base with clean water. It take like what, 10 seconds? I used to put my hookah away after smoking and never touch it for a couple of weeks at a time and after a while my brass stem got corroded and had funny white stuff on it so eventually I had to replace it.
Old April 20th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

atleast dump the water out dont let it sit.. i dont always scrub my rigs after a smoke, but I do always empty the base and give the stem a quick rinse with some water.
Old April 20th, 2010, 03:09 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.

I gotta get me some lemon juice.
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:36 PM
poyoloco
Hookah Newbie

I wash mine after every hookah session. Just a habit of mine to do. After reading some of the posts on this thread is it safe to give your stem a rinse right before using it? Like would the left over water in the stem affect the smoke at all?
Old April 21st, 2010, 07:18 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

If ur just giving the stem a rinse it shouldn't affect the smoke at all. After all, you are drawing the smoke through a vase full of liquid, whats a few drops more going to do? But if you've already cleaned it before putting it away there really isn't a need to rinse it before using it. Unless it's been sitting for quite some time and open and you just want to rinse away any small traces of dust that might have settled in there. Otherwise, rinse away if you wish. Won't harm anything. Smoke happy.

dus'

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyoloco View Post
I wash mine after every hookah session. Just a habit of mine to do. After reading some of the posts on this thread is it safe to give your stem a rinse right before using it? Like would the left over water in the stem affect the smoke at all?
Share with your friends on facebook