Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Fans of Tangiers.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 20th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Default Fans of Tangiers.

I am creating this thread to see how many tangiers smokers are out there and what each of you do to get it to smoke properly.
I use a medium phunnel with 3 rings of holes and one in the middle. The tobacco is acclimated for 4 hours with me stirring it each hour i usually only have to acclimate it once (the first time i open it). I then smoke it with 2 coconaras and a wind cover rotating the coals every 20-30 mins around the outside of the bowl. This has never given me any problems and I get a good 3 hour session out of it. I am a proud fan of Tangiers.
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:19 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Fans of Tangiers.

I've been wanting to try Tangiers for a long time now and I think that a thread like this would help Tangier-Noobs like me immensely! Maybe we can even make it a sticky if enough members contribute here?
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Special K
Hookah Nut

Fan here. Great taste, smoke, length, cut, etc. I normally use a small phunnel bowl, 2 cocos. Sometimes a wind cover to heat up and then take it off. I lump shsiha in and then pack down to slightly below the rim, clearing out the phunnel portion. 1 layer of HD foil. Concentric rings all the way with a small ring over the phunnel as well and a hole in the middle.

Favorite Flavors:
Static Starlight
Orange Soda
K Peach
K Cherry
Juicy Peach
Brambleberry
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:26 PM
kawasakia890
Hookah Newbie

ive been wanting to try tangiers for a long time, i hope i get to try it soon. sounds like its some good shisha
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:49 PM
A_Teator1
Hookah Pro

Smoked Tangiers for the first time last night and I am officially a fan. I have only tried cocoa but I decided to use my vortex bowl and 2 exotica pieces. Sprinkled it in until it was over the rim and then packed it down below the spire. Smoked great for ~30 min then got harsh, so I threw some more shisha on top and it smoked great for another hour. Great flavor and good, relaxing buzz. I've got a 250g of Tangiers Horchata on the way. So far some of my favorite shisha.
EDIT: I packed a new bowl last night in my large phunnel bowl after i watched the vids on how to properly pack tangiers and it was WAY better. No harshness at all and the flavor was more prevalent. Smoked until the coals ran out though i bet I could've lit more. Horchata comes in today so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by A_Teator1; April 21st, 2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

I let it sit for about an hour, load it up in a small funnel, 3x cocos/CH to heat it up (~5 mins) then I take one off and windcover it up. I take off the cover at halve way through the coals and add the third. No cover again till they are little round guys.
Only smoked about 5 flavors so far. Only 1 fail bowl ever because I herp derp didn't read directions.
edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Teator1 View Post
Smoked Tangiers for the first time last night and I am officially a fan. I have only tried cocoa but I decided to use my vortex bowl and 2 exotica pieces. Sprinkled it in until it was over the rim and then packed it down below the spire. Smoked great for ~30 min then got harsh, so I threw some more shisha on top and it smoked great for another hour. Great flavor and good, relaxing buzz. I've got a 250g of Tangiers Horchata on the way. So far some of my favorite shisha.
This^^^ Once you pack a bowl it's not set in stone!
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:05 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

I've had absolutely no luck with noir (or rather a very minimal luck, 1 out of about 8 flavors acclimated, others never really lost the bbq smell), lucid faired alot better though.

But I will get back to this thread in a week, gonna pick up some locally and give noir another go.

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:16 PM
malfean
Hookah Newbie

If you have issues with getting Tangiers to acclimate, give this a whirl.

When you receive it, at around the time of day you would normally smoke, start the acclimation process. Don't lay it out on foil, just dump it into a tupperware or whatever and give it a stir. Let it sit out for four hours, then give it a sniff. If it smells very strongly like the flavor it should be, it's good. If not, cover it for twenty hours, rinse and repeat until it smells right.

This info was posted by Eric elsewhere on the web.
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:35 AM
King Shisha
Hookah Newbie

I'm a fan of Tangiers! I let it acclimate in tuppaware until it smells good. It has spot on taste as to what it says it is (new lemon lime and tropical punch are just amazing), great clouds once you get the heat right. I use a medium phunnel 2 golden coal quick lights then 2 more when they die.
Old April 21st, 2010, 08:31 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

From the Noir line:
I let Juicy Peach, Kiwi, Watermelon, and Vanilla sit in tupperware, stirring every few hours for days and they all still smelled like BBQ.

An "Expert" setup some blueberry for me, and the flavor was barely there about 5% fruit flavor and 95% smoke.

From the Lucid line:
Apparently Lucid is pack and smoke right out of the package, but I had strawberry and watermelon and they both had very little flavor, and the flavor was not strawberry or watermelon, was more like a fruit flavor < 20% and the rest just smoke flavor. I went ahead and "acclimated" though, same results.

I'm NOT a fan .. but I will still give a few more flavors a chance, one of these days.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:01 PM
Special K
Hookah Nut

Hopefully you'll get to enjoy a good session one day Samb! It really is an amazing smoke. Has a great buzz and amazing flavor without being candyish. Strawberry and Watermelon are generally hard flavors in any tobacco brand, so it's not surprising to me they were weak compared to other more in your face flavors.

Back on topic, I've recently begun using the 4/20 acclimation method. Open for 4 hours (preferrably during the time you smoke), stirring once per hour and then sealed for 20 hours.

Caveat: Do not let strong Tangiers flavors acclimate next to each other. In my opinion, this can possibly impart some of the scent to the weaker flavor. This was my experience with K Peach and Horchata a while back...i had them acclimating with the containers touching.
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM
ryon
Hookah Nut

Just got 3 new flavors of Lucid
ILTOBC, Orange Soda, and Melon Blend

Ive had Orange soda and had a god awful time with it even with it being Lucid as it wouldnt acclimate even after 4 days of the 4/20 method
Im guessing I got a bad batch and decided to try again

I cant wait for my first successful Tangiers bowl
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:44 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

There are a number of Tangiers flavors that I like, but I wouldn't really call myself a fan.

I normally dump the package into a Ziplok container and leave it open for about 4 hours, stirring now and then. I've only had problems acclimating one flavor, gingerbeer. It's also one of the only flavors I didn't like.

Last edited by Dee; April 21st, 2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: I'm a dumbass..
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook