Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Bad Vendor Experience

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 23rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Angry Bad Vendor Experience

(If this would be more appropriate for the Vendor Review Section I'm sorry I went back and forth and back and forth on where to put this, and if it's to brutal or something along those lines, sorry, I've kept my lips shut long enough)

Alright So I'm not normally the one to get irritated with Vendors, but this week has really sent me through a fiery loop. And this doesn't just start with one Vendor OH NO! BUT TWO!

The first Vendor thehookah.com, I love this vendor, I have ordered from them countless of times, but now I'm not so sure.
On Saturday 16th April 2010 I placed my order excitedly, over 2kg of Nakhla and some JM's (just to try), and 3kg of coconara coals. Here's were it gets fun people. First off I waited and WAITED, watching the status of my order stay at a Constant "Pre-Authorized" status. So it's Tuesday At this point, a matter of days, thehookah.com is normally very prompt and would have shipped it out on monday. But NO!. So I send them a very concerned e-mail. And several hours later I receive and e-mail saying that they didn't have my nakhla in stock and that it would be in at the end of the week. and they will no longer be getting any JM's

THANKS FOR INFORMING ME!

They tell me they can adjust my order if I want and give the refund accordingly, SO, I tell them to just screw all the tobacco and just send the coals (which is what I really needed anyways). So now it's FRIDAY! And NOTHING has changed. I'm starting to get this sinking feeling their putting it off till they get the nakhla in and then asking if I still want it, NO I DON'T!
Several e-mails later since Tuesday and I haven't even gotten a response.
This Vendor normally has great customer service.
I'm Pissed.

The second Tier to my Ice Cream Cone of Pissed Off.

Hookah1.com, I was thrilled to be trying some DM, almost orgasmic!
Well the order on that is fine, everything SHOULD be correct.
But here's where the Giant Cheese log rolls through your tiny dreams.
I ordered the DM's on the SAME DAY as I ordered through thehookah.com.
On Tuesday as well, I'm starting to wonder, hmmm what's going on here, no change of status, no e-mails as to if it's been sent off, just another 46 dollars out of my bank account. So another e-mail later they finally send me my invoice and tracking number.
Except there's only one tinsie tiny problem.
They sent it to the wrong address.
Yup, and mind you I went over my order probably over 1000 times to make sure I put in the correct SHIPPING address, but no, no error on my part, every thing is as clear as my monitor can show me.
So I investigate on the UPS website how to change the destination of my package, and guess what!
A ray of hope shines!
All they have to do is use UPS intercept features and re-route the package! (there is a fee to change this, but i figure if they mess up my address they can pay for their mistakes) HORAH! ........not.
I as a receiver cannot change it, they have to do it.
So probably over 5 e-mails later.
My Package is now in Kentucky "Out for Delivery" to house I no longer live in.
And not so much as an e-mail to acknowledge that I'm alive on this wonderful planet.

Next step phone calls, but I'm so pissed off at this point that I dunno if I'll be able to stay civil.

I love my vendors, and I'm heartbroken that one that I respect and a new one that I've heard only good things about would be jerking my chain.

I hope and pray that none of this happens to any other hookahpro.com member, it's stressful, and this is MY money I'm talking about.

At this point, I just want my money back for everything.

That is the end of my tale.

Smoke Happy Hookahpro.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:07 AM
JediSpam
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Bad Vendor Experience

sucks. hope everything gets sorted out
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:13 AM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Kamal over at hookah1 is pretty much doing it all on his own...mistakes happen, give him a call and tell him whats up, see what he has to say.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:14 AM
matchbox
Hookah Nut

wow sorry about the bad luck hope it gets better
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:14 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanhonestpuckx View Post
Kamal over at hookah1 is pretty much doing it all on his own...mistakes happen, give him a call and tell him whats up, see what he has to say.
Tell him to Hire you hahaha
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:17 AM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelz View Post
Tell him to Hire you hahaha

Oh god I wish. I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off the product,lol. But seriously, just give him a call, see what he has to say, he really does care about the customer, he may have just misread something is all
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:25 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Oh god I wish. I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off the product,lol. But seriously, just give him a call, see what he has to say, he really does care about the customer, he may have just misread something is all
What I'm mostly ticked off about is Thehookah it's not normal, unless they've changed int he past few months, and i do honestly feel like they're going to try to get me to get the nakhla so they don't have to refund me so much.
It's just this sinking feeling in my gut, and normally it's right.

I'll call Him after work, i'm to steamed because of thehookah to be civil, I want to give them both a fair chance, but i'm so fired up I might do something dumb haha.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Dreamer1917
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Puck is the new tony montana of hookah. lol
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

TheHookah.com stopped being a supporting vendor here a long time ago and they even pulled their HP discount code.

Personally, I would recommend just sticking with the "Supporting Vendors" of Hookah Pro because they offer HP discount codes and provide some great customer service to the Members here.

Call Kamal from Hookah1.com and see what you can find out .. maybe, just maybe, you might have put the wrong shipping address? But if you did put the right address at least bring it to his attention so that he can fix their ordering system if there is a problem.

Keep us posted Pixel! Hope you get your stuff soon .. Sambooka

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:29 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

That sucks i know exactly how you feel, happens to much over here, luckily not with hookah vendors tho
Old April 23rd, 2010, 12:28 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Wishing you the best. Mistakes happen but that does not make them suck any less. Phone calls really are your best bet.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Did you make an account with your old address at H1, then changed it at check out? Same thing happened to me, just used my old one after I put in the new one.
I sent an email but no reply.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 03:54 PM
Jhawks240
Hookah Nut

Stick with Hoohak-Shisha.com They know how to do it right EVERY TIME! I'm in love with their service
Old April 23rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawks240 View Post
Stick with Hoohak-Shisha.com They know how to do it right EVERY TIME! I'm in love with their service
They also don't carry Desi Murli.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 05:17 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

I ordered from Hookah1 and when they sent me my invoice there was an error on it. I called and left a message, Kamal called me back 30 mins later i explained my concern and he apologized for the mistake. Everything turned out fine and he was very nice and understanding. I still recommend Hookah1.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

Im sure it was just a mistake, I put trust in Hookah1 still. It was just a bit upsetting. We'll be able to still get what we ordered. it'll just take a little longer. No hard feelings torwards Kamal at all. But never again with thehookah.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
erok623
Hookah Nut

I feel your pain pixelz.. I'm actually going through a bad vendor expience right now and I've been battling this one out for about 3 weeks already. Its jus so frustrating because all I want is to just get what I ordered and that's all!!! You would think it would be simple but one little mess up becomes your worst nightmare! I hope everything gets settled for you. Goodluck!

26"KM Kafae / 28"MZ Oracle / 17"Egyptian / 10"Blueberry Hookah / MYA Bambino
Old April 23rd, 2010, 06:34 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

UPDATE!:
hookah1.com, the package arrived safe and sound at the wrong destination, my parents still live there and they are going to mail me the package back here safe and sound. So that shouldn't take to long, relief on that one.

thehookah.com, we finally had to call them up, because this was just getting radicalus! Well just like I thought they insisted on making me still order the nakhla and coals. SO yea, at least it's all almost over with.

I'm looking forward to a bowl of DM's, gonna hit up Jamal and tell him I got it taken care of, (it's not like he can do much once it's already been deliver anyhow)

Smoke happy hookahpro, maybe now I can relax.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Sam- Nah I went through that sucker a million times before and after,s hippign address is correct, I'm guess their auto ship system for packages just must print out the billing address as a precaution to people using other peoples cards without their permission.

But the package will be safe at it's rightful home soon.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

"My Package is now in Kentucky "Out for Delivery" to house I no longer live in."

Have you ordered from them before? If not, then why did they have your old address?

Kamal needs to be called, email is not his priority.

Also he hand makes the stuff so do not expect it to just leap off the shelf and into a box. I would rather wait longer, get great fresh tobacco, then have it nasty and not done right. I was concerned as well because I did not hear anything for 4 days. He is so frigging swamped right now it is not even funny. He messed up my order as well but made amends and will be hooking me up on my next purchase.

Patients grasshopper.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMALIKIA View Post
"My Package is now in Kentucky "Out for Delivery" to house I no longer live in."

Have you ordered from them before? If not, then why did they have your old address?

Kamal needs to be called, email is not his priority.

Also he hand makes the stuff so do not expect it to just leap off the shelf and into a box. I would rather wait longer, get great fresh tobacco, then have it nasty and not done right. I was concerned as well because I did not hear anything for 4 days. He is so frigging swamped right now it is not even funny. He messed up my order as well but made amends and will be hooking me up on my next purchase.

Patients grasshopper.
it was a BILLING address, PNC is a funny little thing as of now and still hasn't updated my billing address, but to be honest it's kind of a good thing, because when i tried to put my current address into the Billing address to avoid confusion my card was declined because the information did not match with my card, so props with having an identity theft deterant.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:51 PM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

The Hookah is not my cup of tea. I helped out my friend and he wanted a 2 hose KM tri metal 29". For some reason Hookah Store didn't have it and we used The Hookah. It came in damaged on the part where the tray sits so you couldn't see it really when the tray was on but it was a significant chunk of metal missing and they wanted me to pay to ship it back to them. The box it came in was perfect and it was in the box secure and wrapped and there is no way that this didn't ship from them like this and the fact that they shipped this like this really shows a lack of quality control. Well my friend did not want to pay to send it back, he wanted to smoke it so I said if we keep it could you do something with the price or send something to make up for the problem since it would have been not able to be sold again and they were not sending it back to Egypt for a refund so I thought that was a nice thing we were willing to keep it damaged as it was. I took pictures of the box, pictures of the hookah and damage and sent it to them and no reply, called and they said send more pictures which I did, no reply. I called they said they didn't get them, I sent them again, they said they got them and would be in touch, no reply. I called and again they said they had to discuss it further and would get back to me, no reply. I am still waiting 8 months later for a reply and my friend didn't care and I was getting myself worked up for what? I said the hell with them and that was the only order they have ever got from me and ever will. To me they stink and even in the beginning they never were good with communication so it was a learning experience for me on my friends dime. I would not order anything from them ever. If they took your money knowing they didn't have the Nakhla in stock and didn't notify you which I believe you that they didn't I would not wait and get a refund but at this point in time I'm sure it's all rectified but I don't like the way they handled it and again should do something to make up for the trouble to you. Very simple, you place an order the Web site should be up to date with what's in stock and not. They should notify you immediatly if it's not and offer to ship what is in stock and give you choice to wait or not for what's out of stock. They should send you a conformation as soon as the order is placed and it should ship within two days and an email with the tracking number should be sent immediately to you, that's for any vendor. If they don't do this and you have to chase your order in any way that's not right. Also any vendor that does not return emails within a day should not be dealt with and I notice a lot of people are hesitant to call, I think the second something isn't right call immediately.
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:37 AM
andrewnnix
Hookah Pro

i usually only order from hookahcompany.com or social smokes sub store hohstore.com they have always been good to me, they dont cary dm though.
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:26 AM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

Hope your orders reach you safely pixel. One thing I dont understand is pixels orders got way messed up then why are fellow members saying that kamal dont do emails and call him up. He should be checking his emails all the time. His business is based on the internet so his communication should be very prompt over the internet.

Anyways goodluck and keep us updated.
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:57 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

I'd say this is highly irregular for both vendors. My experience with them has always been excellent. And the fact that both of them goofed up your orders Pixelz, is something that would require an astrologist to decipher.
You don't do Powerball numbers by any chance, do you?

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook