Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

bad coals?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 28th, 2010, 05:30 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: bad coals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
i know you always got them because of the price difference between them and CCN but nothing else, but i agree better alternatives are out atm Kal
What can I say? I'm poor. lol. I went fr what seemed like a better deal but eventually I realized that there were better deals to be had.
Old April 28th, 2010, 05:38 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
What can I say? I'm poor. lol. I went fr what seemed like a better deal but eventually I realized that there were better deals to be had.
LOOL im at that stage as well now, coals are just way too expensive for how much you get, but luckily cocobricos at 2.50 for a box of 72 is brillant, and they are better then CCN espically the new batches
Old April 28th, 2010, 05:39 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
LOOL im at that stage as well now, coals are just way too expensive for how much you get, but luckily cocobricos at 2.50 for a box of 72 is brillant, and they are better then CCN espically the new batches
They are on my list to try but sadly where I can get them they are quite a bit less cost efficient. Exotica is my coal of choice right now but I am always looking to try new things.
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:08 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
They are on my list to try but sadly where I can get them they are quite a bit less cost efficient. Exotica is my coal of choice right now but I am always looking to try new things.
If you want some send me ur address and il send you some to see how you like them, i have a whole case so have more then enough
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Allan

looks like i caused a fight on hp to happen over something so stupid

OK LOOK,in my videos i had before and after he was ban'd i said i liked the,hell in myy unboxing of my hookah when i got the coals i think i said i loved the coals,i had a 48 pc before and i loved them,i only posted this to ask for help and i got it,which i think everyone for,now,this is the first coal problem i have ever had,and i only said i disliked this batch only because of how it effected me,plan and simple,now why would i buy the coals to just cause problems on HP about it -,.,-,do i like the coals yes,would i buy them,yea ill get a 48 pc again just to have as back up,now i never had coconara coals before in my life and with my hookah i was given some,and yes i like them better then the CH coals right now,why?,because they ash great,didnt make my head hurt or pop when i was lighting them like this batch oh CH coals,i have 108pc of them so yea

SamB and MOD's reading this,if this thread started to get the slightest out of hand,please just lock it,i dont want this to cause a problem that it looks like it already started to do
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:00 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Nothing fight like in this thread as far as I can see. A few of us had varying opinions on the product, situation or subject and we discussed it in a civil manner. Nothing to worry about.

This is what HP is for.
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Nothing fight like in this thread as far as I can see. A few of us had varying opinions on the product, situation or subject and we discussed it in a civil manner. Nothing to worry about.

This is what HP is for.
i know,i just can see it starting to head that way soon :/
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:45 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
i know,i just can see it starting to head that way soon :/
Hopefully it won't be a problem. Most of the people that are looking to start fights have found other places where they are supported in their offensive and aggressive behavior.
Old April 29th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Blaat
Hookah Pro

Quote:
If you want some send me ur address and il send you some to see how you like them, i have a whole case so have more then enough
Patel, can you tell me how you light your cocobrico's?
It are cubes, do you cut the cubes in half, you just lit the cubes and put them on the bowl?
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:13 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

yh i lite the cubes, i dont cut them in half, if you check out my old coal videos, any off them i show how i put them on my gas and they light
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:14 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Quote:
looks like i caused a fight on hp to happen over something so stupid

OK LOOK,in my videos i had before and after he was ban'd i said i liked the,hell in myy unboxing of my hookah when i got the coals i think i said i loved the coals,i had a 48 pc before and i loved them,i only posted this to ask for help and i got it,which i think everyone for,now,this is the first coal problem i have ever had,and i only said i disliked this batch only because of how it effected me,plan and simple,now why would i buy the coals to just cause problems on HP about it -,.,-,do i like the coals yes,would i buy them,yea ill get a 48 pc again just to have as back up,now i never had coconara coals before in my life and with my hookah i was given some,and yes i like them better then the CH coals right now,why?,because they ash great,didnt make my head hurt or pop when i was lighting them like this batch oh CH coals,i have 108pc of them so yea

SamB and MOD's reading this,if this thread started to get the slightest out of hand,please just lock it,i dont want this to cause a problem that it looks like it already started to do
Hey man i wasnt referring to you, i just ment in general how things changed
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Dee
Hookah Pro

I've always noticed a smell when lighting the CH coals but honestly it never really bothered me. I've also noticed the discolored ash. The recent batch I have is better than the old ones but still.

The main reason I switched over to Starlights are cost and convenience. I can have a new box of 72 pcs in 20 minutes for about $4. They don't give off any oder, nor impart any taste and they last nearly as long as the CH coals. They seem to give off slightly less heat than a CH, but it's negligible.

Having said the above, I've also had some quality issues with the SL coals. Mostly inconsistent size and some cracking / flaking on occasion. They are also a bit messy, at least the ones I get. I even found a stone in one, it actually appeared to be a little chunk of iron ore believe it or not!
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:30 AM
xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via MSN to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via Skype™ to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx

I've never really cared much for CH coals to be honest.
My go to QL's have always been Hollands and I love my CoCoNaras!
Old April 29th, 2010, 09:52 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Thanks for the offer but it will make more sense if I just grab some from a US site instead of having to deal with shipping across the pond. Lol.
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Thanks for the offer but it will make more sense if I just grab some from a US site instead of having to deal with shipping across the pond. Lol.
if you want to and i can get money and the chance to,ill sent you some out
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:43 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

once these coals held me up at gunpoint, i hate it when coals go bad
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
shak2ruff
Hookah Nut

i would recommend bamboo natural coals! awsome heat, not much ash good light up time! most of all no taste!!
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:05 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

My CH's kick ass still.
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:36 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
if you want to and i can get money and the chance to,ill sent you some out
Thanks for the offer. I'm good on coals and I'm not a big fan of getting free stuff without working for it. I know it's silly but I'm the kind of person that intentionally avoids telling people when my b-day is. Lol.

I'll be grabbing some at a later date when I need coals again. I want to find a place that sells the bamboo coals like Bamboocha or whatever those were called.
Old April 29th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
i dont know if there was a threat on this before,but i have used these coals before,cant say the name,it was a recent ban'd vendor,and never had a problem,but this batch i just got,they smell when lighting and smoke and crackle,whats going on?
Pretty much everything i've tried has given off some smell when you cook them on a coil heater. It's not a bog deal since it goes away after a couple of minutes. I always light my coals outside since I don't want the oder hanging around. I haven't used CH coals much so I can't really much about them.
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:12 PM
zlj1989
Hookah Nut

I've had the CH coals ever since I got rid of my ql's I got with my first hookah and I have no complaints. Yes they do smell a little but just light them outside. The smell is gone after they're completely lit. From my research, the CH and Coco Naras are pretty much equal except for that the Coco Naras don't ash as much. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineGTR View Post
I've used both, and I can't decide which ones I like more. If I got coconaras for free i'd use those, if I got the CH's for free I'd use those too.
I definitely agree with you Skyline! They both seem like pretty good coals to me.

Old June 1st, 2010, 06:44 AM
Geolas
Hookah Newbie

CocoNaras are the best so far in my opinion.

I had order Exoticas Finger Coals, but they are horrible. They give off a smell when your lighting, (normal maybe, but coconaras doesnt) they give off excess CO, My CO meter hit 79.7PPM That is scary. And i have a my windows open too.

I ran out of coconaras lately. So i went back to the Exoticas but were smoking outside with my friend and 2 bowls in, i was getting light headed, just started the 3rd bowl (just got back tobacco store and got flower power, jm tequila sunrise, and sb royal grape) and i couldnt go on anymore. Wasn't because of the flavor, but the extreme headache from smoking with Exotica Natural Finger coals. It was so bad i couldnt even move! cause it hurt so much. And it just went away recently.. took 12 hours!

NEVER USE EXOTICA FINGER COALS!!

Anyhow i have an order of both CH Naturals and CocoNaras coming soon from hookah shisha. Thought i try the CH ones to see if i like it. Give you an update once i try em both.
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:58 AM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

I primarily use Voldermort QL's and Nats....because that's all I currently have. The smell when lighting them is a little loud to say the least, and until they get good and ashed over there is a little bit of a chemical taste. I don't think they're terrible coals, but my reasons for not buying them isn't related to the product. As far as the new and improved ones go, the smoke production, cracking and sputtering has been fixed....A littel but it isn't gone completely. But they still smell like ass, and require a blow torch or coil burner to light anyway so why not just get some Nats?
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:29 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

This is a good thread to ask a question I've been wondering a while. I have two boxes of CH coals and if I were to light one and let it sit, you would see a slight orange/red tinge to the ash. Am I killing myself by using these?

Note: It is not from the ember. The ember can be a week out and it will still be a sort of dyed color.
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:44 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
This is a good thread to ask a question I've been wondering a while. I have two boxes of CH coals and if I were to light one and let it sit, you would see a slight orange/red tinge to the ash. Am I killing myself by using these?

Note: It is not from the ember. The ember can be a week out and it will still be a sort of dyed color.
I never noticed that back when I was using them but the recipe seems to change from batch to batch. I really have no idea what that would be from.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook