Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

A Simple Hookah Question..

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 29th, 2010, 11:10 AM
coram deo
Hookah Newbie

Question A Simple Hookah Question..

Hi everyone,

I am new here.. I will post a more introduction in a little while but I have a question..

I just bought my new hookah. I am new to smoking in general. I can't stand cigs, cigars are little better but not by much. Pipes I have used at least once month for the past 4 months. Then I was introduced to the Hookah by a brother in law. Went out to a Hookah bar and fell in love with it. My first Shisha mixture was a 50/50 Jasmine/Rose. Knew I needed to buy one.

So I finally got mine and of course my wife is fine with me having one but does not want me to do it in the house. We have fundy baptist family members. Anyway, someone recently told me that Hookahs fall under the Federal Drug Paraphernalia Statute and I could get in trouble for possession one. As defined by the Drug Paraphernalia Statute as [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"(2) water pipes;"

So my question is am I going to get in trouble or harassed or worst arrested for using a Hookah on my front porch using only Shisha.

So what saith you?

Mikhael
[/FONT]
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:55 AM
smokey void
Hookah Pro

Default Re: A Simple Hookah Question..

first off welcome to HP, i hope you like it here, secondly, as long as you only smoke tobacco, shisha, moassal, ect. you should be fine, if any cops try to give you guff about it just have them field test it, you shouldn't get into trouble as long as you're not breaking the law, in some states like texas you can only smoke in your home or you car so keep that in mind, my friends & i smoke outside in public view alll the time & have yet to even see a cop, much less harass us
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:00 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

if you use it legally than it is fine, once it has been contaminated by something not hookah related, it becomes paraphernalia, if you use it correctly it will be fine
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:02 PM
coram deo
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for the info... I guess I am little freaked being within eye sight of our small town police station... less then a half a block and they can see about anything from the station to my house... The person who told me about the DEA list really freaked me out.....

Thanks for the welcome...

Mikhael

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey void View Post
first off welcome to HP, i hope you like it here, secondly, as long as you only smoke tobacco, shisha, moassal, ect. you should be fine, if any cops try to give you guff about it just have them field test it, you shouldn't get into trouble as long as you're not breaking the law, in some states like texas you can only smoke in your home or you car so keep that in mind, my friends & i smoke outside in public view alll the time & have yet to even see a cop, much less harass us
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:13 PM
invayn3
Hookah Nut

Yeah, overall you're fine as long as you only put stuff you can buy off of retail shelves in the bowl ^^ If you have a noisy and jittery neighbor you may field a visit from your local law if they are particularly bored but it will be an uneventful one. Though I do know some states/cities/communities have more stringent smoking statutes. Some HOAs here in AZ even have rules against lighting up anything other than a BBQ in your backyard.
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:47 PM
paulbrichter
Hookah Newbie

My brother in law is a DEA agent.

.....we smoke outside constantly when weather permits considering our wives do not approve of indoor sessions.
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

If you're in a small town and within sight of a police station, it may not hurt to go in there and give them a heads up. Bring some moassel with you and show 'em what it's about. They might appreciate it if the busybody neighbors call them.

I've had the cops called on me before for smoking in public, it wasn't the funnest experience, but they were cool about it when I explained everything to them.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:55 PM
A_Teator1
Hookah Pro

Yeah I've had a cop ask me what I was doing as well. Once I explained everything and let him see/smell the shisha all was good. Cops should be ok but Ive hear of a few hard asses who make people dump out their bowls and such. Better to just go along with it than resist i guess
Old April 29th, 2010, 05:37 PM
jvminner
Hookah Nut

I got pulled over once and the officer searched my car (over 25mph ticket, pretty much manditory search), told the officer I had a hookah in the car. He pulled it out, examined it, even guessed the flavor that I smoked last. He put it back and the search was over.

Most cops will be fine with it if you keep it respectful and explain what it is.
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM
optyc
Hookah Newbie

Yep, perfectly legal here in the states as long as you're 18. And with the smoking in the house part, I don't know any laws prohibiting it, and I wouldn't think that there are any because people are allowed to smoke cigs and cigars in their homes all the time. Just make sure you don't drop the coal onto the carpet
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:35 AM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

I was a little leary the first time I tried one as we were outside in a small town, it was with smokey void actually lol, there does seem to be some sorta judgemental stigma around it when I tell friends or try to get someone to try it for the first time.
Old May 18th, 2010, 10:14 AM
ryon
Hookah Nut

Only falls under paraphenalia when used illegaly
Otherwise its totally legal as it is tobacco
Might not hurt and do what Coyerto said and give the Police a heads up so no problems arise

Ignorant cops+hookah=bad combo
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook