Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Stigma

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 18th, 2010, 11:53 AM
sin2001
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Hookah Stigma

My area does not understand it at all. I will have a get together and whip out the hookah and my friends get upset. Then I explain it to them, then they say I cant I get drug tested. I then say its just like the Cig your smoking but its not hot smoke and does not contain the poisons. My neighbors hate it. They have called cops on me for it. The cops have even taken my Hookah and ran the turn blue test on the bowl 100% clean. I guess I will be the one to intro it to the community here. My friends a few own hookahs now.
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Now, i dont know if i have ever explained hookah to my father, because he lives across the country and i don't feel like the hassle is worth it. However, when i ordered my first hookah, i explained to my mom the day after ordering what was coming in the mail, what it was used for. I think part of why she wasn't as bothered was because when i first started smoking i was only smoking that herbal brand, Soex. She is not totally thrilled with the idea, but i always give her a heads up if i have a package coming with hookah stuff, and i try not to "throw it in her face" so to speak. My grandma recently had lung cancer, so since hookah smoking puts me at a possible risk, i try not to bring it up as much, plus i think she is more worried that my sister smokes cigs anyway. I think the important thing is, you want to educate people, but if they don't agree with you, you just have to let it go. And if it is close family, or really close friends, dont push them into it or always bring it up.
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Blaat
Hookah Pro

My parents both smoke cigs.. they did bother a bit about hookah at the start, but when I explained everything it was alright. My bro's also smoke hookah, and my mum joins sometimes when smoking at home. My grandma/grandpa even smoked a few times with me!
I have a group of friends that also have hookahs and smoke with me each weekend, so they know all about it too. Other's don't, but most have done it a few times and seem to enjoy it too.
Most ppl in the Netherlands know about smoking hookah I think, or they bother less than other countries I think, IF there is no shit like drugs in it (as it's legal here).
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:03 PM
haggis
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteE View Post
I've had issues with the police while smoking my hookah in public view. A simple explanation and showing them the tobacco usually solves the issue. They usually want me to take it inside and out of view though. One cop said "People are going to think you're doing something illegal with that". My reply was "My mother always told me not to care what other people think". He didn't like that, lol. Bottom line, its legal, and I went to Iraq to earn the damn habit, let me enjoy it! I went ahead and took it inside that time, I don't want to be on the bad side of the police.
I used to get this from time to time when I lived in Philadelphia. I'd sit on my front stoop smoking a churchwarden pipe that was a replica of the one that Gandalf smoked in Lord of the Rings. The police would assume I was doing something wrong. All they found in the pipe was good syrian tobacco.

After satisfying their curiosity, if they persist I have had no problem telling them to sod off.
Old May 18th, 2010, 05:54 PM
HSK Locals
Hookah Pro

I find most people think the worst when the first see the hookah. but after i tell them that its only tobacco, they are willing to try. i also find people who dont want to try eventually do, because they get curious while watching. although there was this one chick who (even after i told her that it was tabacco ) still yell at me because she still thought shisha was drugs... WTF
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:08 PM
corey150
Hookah Nut

my entire family mom dad cousins aunts uncles EVERYONE in my family thinks im involved in "illegal activity"....pisses me off...
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Francine
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis View Post
I used to get this from time to time when I lived in Philadelphia. I'd sit on my front stoop smoking a churchwarden pipe that was a replica of the one that Gandalf smoked in Lord of the Rings. The police would assume I was doing something wrong. All they found in the pipe was good syrian tobacco.

After satisfying their curiosity, if they persist I have had no problem telling them to sod off.
Do you dress up like Gandalf when you smoke your pipe? I would...
Share with your friends on facebook