Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Identify my hookah, and help me choose what to order for it

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Identify my hookah, and help me choose what to order for it

For a while ago when I visisted Egypt I bought 3 hookahs: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5981/shishaj.jpg

First I would like to know what type of hookah they are (the bigger ones). The one to the left is made of stainless steel and is the one I'm smoking through.
No I have started to have my thoughts on order new bowl, new gaskets and perhaps some tobacco. Very important is that I need a shop who orders to Sweden!

My first question then, i'm wondering about order a small tangiers phunnel bowl, would that be enough?
And for the tobacco, right now I mostly smoke Al Fakher Two Apples which without doubt is my favourite! Would this do better in a phunnel than an egyptian bowl? And, what tip do you have for me ordering some tobacco from another brand?
And about the gaskets, what gasket do you think I need? My hookah is about 68cm (26.8inch) in height without bowl, the diameter of the vase is somewhere between 4-4½cm (1.57-1.77inch) and the bottom of the top part is 3.5cm (1.38inch) in diameter. I also need gaskets for the hose.

And also, should I get a new, better hose you think?

Should I change my coal for something else? Now I use this CocoBrico: http://www.vattenpipan.com/images/pi...enpipa_kol.jpg

And at last, where can I buy all this from? That ships to sweden?
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hookah Enthusiast
Default Re: Identify my hookah, and help me choose what to order for it

Being from Egypt, more than likely generic Egyptian hookahs, but Im sure others will know better than me.

Ditch the idea of a phunnel biwl and get a vortex. Much easier to use and you will be glad you decided against the phunnel. I prefer an Egyptian over a phunnel and now AF smokes better in an Egyptian for me.

Give Nakhla a shot. I think you will like Nak especially Nak DA if you like AF DA.

The updating the hose is your choice. I prefer a nammor hose myself and I know there is a UK vendor that sells them, not sure who though so maybe someone else can help with that.
My Videos
Favorite Tobacco: Desi Murli, Salloum, Cleopatra, Nakhla, Afzal
Favorite Rigs: Syrian Glyph, KM Silk Butterfly, KM Carnival, KM Kafe, SS Czar, Mini MYA
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Hookah Nut

I would recommend trying the alien phunnel bowl out. I load it with almost half the tobacco I put in my vortex and it smokes amazing. Then again you can't go wrong with the vortex either.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Can't but a brand name on those two. They're usually freferred to as just 'generic egyptian'. (Sorry, I can't help more than that)

Phunnel vs Vortex is like an argument between Ford vs Chevy. They both have their fanboys. AF smokes just fine out of a phunnel, vortex or standard egyptian. The only way to find out what's best for you will be to buy both. All should work find with the small, clear silicone gaskets. Hose and bowl gaskets tend to be one size fits all. The only real variaton will come with the base gasket. You need to know the size of the stem and the size of the opening of the base. Email the dimensions to the vendor you want to order from and they should be able to help you.

For a hose, I would suggest one of the several washable ones that are one the market now. Over here, they have names like Nammor, Razan and Grand. You might find cheaper alternatives ordering from Europe.

I can only go by what others say about Cocbricos. At least what I hear, most seem to like them.
FroYo = Phatt Azzd Kaloudz Yo!

Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

I don't know what it is, but that hookah on the left looks awesome!

As for the bowl and hose, I'd get a HJ Mini Alien bowl, which is basically an extremely small phunnel which smokes just as well but uses less tobacco and fewer coals. And for the hose, I'd get a washable one, probably a Nammor or Narbish. If you get the Narbish and the Mini Alien, both will be available from the same vendor and I'm pretty sure they can ship overseas, but unfortunately at this current juncture, I cannot mention specifically which vendor. Type "HJ Mini Alien" into google and it will be the very first listing that shows up.

If you want to go for the Nammor, Hookah-Shisha is the only vendor that sells them and I'm unsure of whether or not they can ship over seas.

That's my suggestion.
This is my:
website, petruzzo.com
blog, williampetruzzo.com
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook