Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

khalil mamoon

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:11 PM
dfree
Hookah Newbie

Default khalil mamoon

So me and my friends are looking at KM's however we are all poor so we're going together on one hookah. We have our hearts set on a KM but can't find any with more than three hoses. Ideally we would want one that is more than 36", four hoses, and possibly an ice chamber. Do you guys know of any?
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:14 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: khalil mamoon

I wouldnt mess with 4 hoses man... But thats just my opinion... Check the trade forums, maybe youll have some luck there?
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:20 PM
EtP_Vocalist
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to EtP_Vocalist

i smoke with friends and only use a 1 hose hookah....but, if your set on multiple hoses, as Nick said, i wouldnt go over 3. To much trouble.

32" KM Carnival, Narbish v4 Hose, Crown Mouthpiece, Leonara Nat Coals, and a Phunnel Bowl
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:24 PM
tomknotts
Hookah Pro

As said before 4 hose isnt a good idea... but if u want one make sure u get the auto seal ports so if someone forgets to plug the hose you dont loose smoke... what is your price range...

http://www.hookahstore.com/hookah-st...tem-p-294.html thats a 3 hose stem and you can add a base on to it for cheap, It also has a chiller

http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...c-28_3_49.html the god of luck hookahs can have up to 4 ports Capthowdy just got one(he has a video up) . hope that helpsa bit

Last edited by tomknotts; May 3rd, 2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:24 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

if you are set on going with 3 or more hoses i would buy a Mya, i have a Mya colossus with four hoses and all but 1 is a self sealing port. This is my party hookah and there is one hose that you can use for purging. The problem with a 3 hose hookah that doesn't have auto sealing hose ports is that they can be a pain to smoke by yourself because you have to plug the other two hoses.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:32 PM
EtP_Vocalist
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewzi View Post
if you are set on going with 3 or more hoses i would buy a Mya, i have a Mya colossus with four hoses and all but 1 is a self sealing port. This is my party hookah and there is one hose that you can use for purging. The problem with a 3 hose hookah that doesn't have auto sealing hose ports is that they can be a pain to smoke by yourself because you have to plug the other two hoses.
Agreed!

32" KM Carnival, Narbish v4 Hose, Crown Mouthpiece, Leonara Nat Coals, and a Phunnel Bowl
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:37 PM
tomknotts
Hookah Pro

Heres a link to the colossus http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1736-...se-hookah.html but then again that one doesnt have have a chiller and im not sure if you can put a chiller on that one. but again its about your price range especially with the height and number of hoses.

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-241-m...y-hookahs.html here are some other myas they all seem shorter.

Is the Chiller a must have?
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:40 PM
JediSpam
Hookah Aficionado

You can get a km for under 100 dollars. Forget about the 4 hose and get a 1
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:41 PM
EtP_Vocalist
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediSpam View Post
You can get a km for under 100 dollars. Forget about the 4 hose and get a 1
Also agree. Thats what im doing. If you'd like to see the one im purchasing, heres a link. http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...kah-p-521.html

Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:47 PM
tomknotts
Hookah Pro

It doesnt matter if you get a km or a mya (honestly you will find mixed opinions on here about them) anyways the most important thing is that most people dont find multi hoses any good. but at the same time its really up to you. But kms are one of the best from what ive seen on here and other sites. Im getting a similar one to the hookah Etp posted and it should be good for about 4 ish people. I normally like to take time between pulls to avoid hookah headaches and such.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM
EtP_Vocalist
Hookah Pro

Yes...i def suggest you look at the 1 hose KM's. That gonna be my first purchase of a hookah. They are beautiful, and from what i hear, never disappoint! Good Luck!

Old May 4th, 2010, 01:13 AM
EssamHelmy
Hookah Nut

Honestly I wouldn't buy a Khalil Mamoon with more than 2 hoses. I scored a 32" 1 hose Khalil Mamoon for 70 dollars when a retailer was doing a special during thanksgiving. Magdy Zidans also smoke beautifully and they cost less and are about the same quality in my opinion the only difference between the two is that KM has a slightly easier draw. If you still want to go the multi hose route with your friends you can't go wrong with a Mya.
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Yeah my next hookah is gonna be a 2 hose km, simply because i need 2 hoses... But I cant wait to buy a godly 1 hose either.
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:37 AM
joser81
Hookah Nut

I got two single hose KMs for less money than spending on one three or four hose. Now, others can share!
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:40 AM
nortson
Hookah Newbie

If I were you, I wouldn't put the chiller high on my priority list. The temperature of the smoke is mostly changed by the temperature of the water in the base, so if you put ice in the base you probably won't notice a difference. Plus, it's more of a pain to maintain the ice in the chamber than it is to just put it in the base. I suppose it might make a difference if you guys plan on smoking without water in the base though.
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

Dont Go 4 Hose KM....

No more then 2 IMO and still thats too much.. i would go for a single hose ideally

just past the hose i have smoked a single hose with like maybe 8 people before.. its not that bad... really.. i think single is a better way to go, and IMO a Better smoke.
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:33 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

After owning a 4 hose KM, I say stay with the single hose. The 4 hose smokes like every other KM it is just different. If you want a multi hose hookah I say go with a Mya, at least there you can go the autoseal route and not have to worry about much. Plus they seem to hit better as a multi hose than KMs, just my experience.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

I have a three hose KM, and I have no issues with it. It smokes well, you tell people to put their thumb on the hose tip, it all works. People keep wanting to make it a bigger issue then it really is. And chillers don't really do much. Some of them look neat though...that's why I got my tri-metal chiller, it looks neat, but I never use the ice tray, because it really serves no purpose, the smoke doesn't chill down that much, if at all, from it.
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Maxwell314
Hookah Newbie

KMs lack autoseal with their multi hose hookahs. While its not a big deal most of the time. A lot of the time with a mod I converted to two hoses I dont put the ball bearings in (one works properly, the other gets pulled into the nammor hose) and it doesn't make much sense to have more than one hose in a group of say 4 maybe 5. Passing the hose isnt a huge deal, and with 2 hoses you cant really pull at the same time and get good smoke. if you guys are going to be sitting the length of the hose in each direction maybe it's worth it, but I would say just get a 1 (2 if you compromise) hose KM. The cost will be substantially less and you don't have to worry about as many hoses as well.

As for germs generally just wiping the tip off on my shirt comforts me, your friends shouldn't be chewing on the mouthpiece either. If you guys are worried about each other you could just get a single nammor (or just a hose with removable mouth tip) and then buy extra mouth tips and swap em in for yourself.

I would say buy a 1 hose KM fairly large. And with the money you save from that you can probably go with a cheap mod maybe 3 hoses with autoseal. Or just stick with one and get some quality shisha/bowls/coals.
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:53 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

You could always mod a autoseal if you are crafty enough. I would go with two single hosed KM or a single KM and a decent other (syrian, mya, or another reputable name) and that way you can have two flavors going. Just make sure the hoses will not cross (Here that, don't cross hoses! lol)
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:55 PM
dfree
Hookah Newbie

Thanks guys! I didn't know that KM's with multiple hoses didn't have auto seals and that will definitely factor into what i end up getting. We were trying to decide between a 36" 3 hose and a 42" 1 hose but now I'm definitely leaning towards the latter. From what I hear 1 hose KM's get phenomenal clouds and that's without a doubt what i want most. I appreciate all the input!
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfree View Post
Thanks guys! I didn't know that KM's with multiple hoses didn't have auto seals and that will definitely factor into what i end up getting. We were trying to decide between a 36" 3 hose and a 42" 1 hose but now I'm definitely leaning towards the latter. From what I hear 1 hose KM's get phenomenal clouds and that's without a doubt what i want most. I appreciate all the input!
The hookah itself doesn't determine the size of the clouds really. Its more about what tobacco you are smoking, how well you packed it and how good your heat management skills are. In my opinion the only things the hookah brings to the table as far as clouds go are the draw and room for smoke to build in the base.
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:14 PM
xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via MSN to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via Skype™ to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewzi View Post
The hookah itself doesn't determine the size of the clouds really. Its more about what tobacco you are smoking, how well you packed it and how good your heat management skills are. In my opinion the only things the hookah brings to the table as far as clouds go are the draw and room for smoke to build in the base.
I completely agree with Drewzi on this. I have a Social Smoke Rave that I can get clouds as big as I get from my 32" KM Carnival. Only difference is how long I have to draw on it because the expansion chamber isn't nearly as big.

KM 34" Single Pear | KM 32" Halzone | KM 30" Carnaval
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:26 AM
puneet739
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfree View Post
So me and my friends are looking at KM's however we are all poor so we're going together on one hookah. We have our hearts set on a KM but can't find any with more than three hoses. Ideally we would want one that is more than 36", four hoses, and possibly an ice chamber. Do you guys know of any?
at least i found sme1 whose bit economical like me....+1 for u buddy
Old May 10th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Familyman1977
Hookah Newbie

Look on eBay at a company called caravan trading company, they have awesome prices and an insaine poss. feedback in excess of 15,000 I got a 30" single hose KM from them for $54.95 and it came with base protector, tongs, cleaning brushes and more... Shipping was $10.00, check em out
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook