Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Coals to buy!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 4th, 2010, 06:43 PM
hookahdayze
Banned

Default Re: Coals to buy!

I've always used 3Kings Instant Lights until recently when I ordered Exotica. Exotica does produce a lot of ash, but last SO much longer than 3Kings. Just buy a cheap electric burner, sit those puppies up there on low-medium heat, and you're good to go!
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:06 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

I've used Exoticas, I've used CH Nats and QL's as well as CCN coals. I prefer the coconut coals but really I don't give a shit. You light them on fire, they burn into ash, that's it. As long as they don't taint the flavor of the shisha, which none of these have ever for me if you light them fully, I'm a happy smoker. Some people bitch about smell, guess what they're coals, you light them on fire, they're burning and they're going to smell somewhat. I light mine outside or on my stove with the exhaust fan on...problem solved. Currently I'm using mostly CH coals because I have a lot of them and they're not badly priced. Try them all and see what suits you...
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

I've tried most coals out in the market and I can safely say that Coconara coals are a superb coal to get.
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:59 PM
EtP_Vocalist
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to EtP_Vocalist

well good....ive got the 108 piece for $15 in my cart for the end of this month! thanks guys!

32" KM Carnival, Narbish v4 Hose, Crown Mouthpiece, Leonara Nat Coals, and a Phunnel Bowl
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Ahildebrand13
Hookah Nut

Coconara coals are great, but I was wondering if anyone else knows about lighting these in the microwave.
I thought it was a really bad idea at first, but I guess a smoke shop owner told some of my friends to do it
3 min on high power, we put them on top of an old upside down coffee mug.
Granted it is in a trashy college house but no fires to date!
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:49 PM
brybry642
Hookah Nut

Spend $10 on a walgreens single coil burner...youll be happy that you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahildebrand13 View Post
Coconara coals are great, but I was wondering if anyone else knows about lighting these in the microwave.
I thought it was a really bad idea at first, but I guess a smoke shop owner told some of my friends to do it
3 min on high power, we put them on top of an old upside down coffee mug.
Granted it is in a trashy college house but no fires to date!
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtP_Vocalist View Post
well good....ive got the 108 piece for $15 in my cart for the end of this month! thanks guys!
No dice dude. Go to Hookah-Shisha.com and get em for like 8.90
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:16 AM
EtP_Vocalist
Hookah Pro

no....for a 108 piece its $14.95...plus i need to fill my cart at hookahstore.com to get my free shipping. might as well spend an extra 15 dollars to get free shipping then use 20% off to get $37.50 more free....so im spending $15 more to get $37 worth of extra for free...u gotta spend some to get some. lol Does everyone understand this....quite confusing. haha

32" KM Carnival, Narbish v4 Hose, Crown Mouthpiece, Leonara Nat Coals, and a Phunnel Bowl
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:26 AM
hubertee2004
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell314 View Post
Quick lights always seem to play with the flavors. They are convenient. They usually burn from the center of the bowl which seems to shorten the lifespan of a bowl. From my experience even with a beefy torch lighter you end up waiting just as long to get the heat to the shisha because the coal takes a bit to completely ember. If you don't have access to a single coil burner or no place to run one, this might be your best solution. I use these on the hookahs I take to parties, but the difference is always noticeable.

Lemon wood coals provide good heat and doesn't change the flavor, but they seem to burn and ash pretty quickly. They are messy, and take quite a bit of effort to get into your desired size/shape. They are usually more safe than coconaras because they wont burn your shisha as easily.

Coconara coals seem to last much much longer than any wood coals I've used. the ash is minimal. Only problem is that they have a tendency to spark when you move them around or blow on them (I smoke outside, so it might be different walking around with one inside). They come in squares which is convenient for consistently placing them across from each other on a bowl. You can split them fairly easily and cleanly with a hammer and screwdriver, but the normal size should work well on any light shisha like SB. I don't use these on Tangiers because they always seem to burn much too hot.

I haven't tried brands like Exotica or any of those. I've had the best luck with AF for wood coal, Coconara for coconut coals, the AF Coconut seemed to spark vigorously for me, and the coconaras always seemed to be much easier to manage.
Al Fakher Lemon Wood Coals are GREATTTTT!!!!!!! I also love using Lazzari Hookah Charcoal. its GREATTTTT but since I get Al Fakher Lemon Wood coals for free, I love em more XDDDD but Al Fakher Lemon Wood coals are very nice and my go to! Although, sometimes it comes in HUGE ASS CHUNKS that takes some effort to break if you want nice pieces, and the pieces that look like logs tend to smoke a lot and light on fire and jsut a pain to deal with at times
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtP_Vocalist View Post
no....for a 108 piece its $14.95...plus i need to fill my cart at hookahstore.com to get my free shipping. might as well spend an extra 15 dollars to get free shipping then use 20% off to get $37.50 more free....so im spending $15 more to get $37 worth of extra for free...u gotta spend some to get some. lol Does everyone understand this....quite confusing. haha
Just sayin, shop around.
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:13 AM
EtP_Vocalist
Hookah Pro

yea bro. Def...but it looks as if Hookahstore.com has my official FIRST ORDER! and right after i get finished with that, im hoping over to hookah-shisha.com and that will be my immediate SECOND order. So...its looking pretty good. I will be posting my mega-epic order in a couple weeks. I'm pretty stoked!

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook