Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

hookah sickness?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 5th, 2010, 04:24 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

Default hookah sickness?

hey everyone...before you say anything...i have read the previous thread about hookah sickness and nausea.

the past three times i have smoked hookah...i have gotten nauseous and stomach felt like crap. i drink a gallon of water a day (do it becuase i work out) have done it on a mildly full stomach and have even tried eating while i have smoked. and i dont hit it to much. a hit or 2 every few mins. take nice breaks inbetween. oo and the sessions were liek a week apart. and only one bowl. so totaly smoking time per day mabe 45min. why am i still getting sick? have my body developed something against hookah

1. 2 hose maya vortex SB wb mint
2. 1 hose syrian egyptian nakala DA
3. generic vortex with SB half mojito and half mint

thanks
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Default Re: hookah sickness?

What kind of coals are you using and are they fully lit before you start smoking?
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hookah Lungs
Hookah Nut

Do you make sure to fully light your coals? Have you cleaned your pipe(s) and replaced the water in the base recently?
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:49 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

mostly CH nats. and yes fully red and white...no black. and one time it was 3 kings qls. but mostly the nats. and i have been smoking for a while and never have this problem. beats me. cant think of whats wrong...

oo yeah they clean and always use fresh water. and sometime ice. and the group doesnt feel anything just me.
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Never eat while smoking. Also have you smoked Nak before? Its unwashed and has a much higher nic content, so it is a super buzz in comparison to SB.
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:04 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

make sure you clean your rig, bowls, and base. Nasty things can build up over time if you don't' maintain your hookah, keep it cleaned and scrubbed out!

Make sure you are smoking in a well ventilated area. Put a light fan on, open a window, make sure your area has air flow!Also try and light your coals in a well vented area away from your smoking area. (Try lighting outside them moving them inside) I know when I light q/l and occasionally naturals, my stomach wretches and lurches and I don't feel so hot. So now I light my coals in the kitchen, then transport them to the living room (via a coal tray) so I have lots of air circulating.

Make sure your hose isn't rusting.
I don't let my tobacco touch the foil ( it's usually harsh for me and gives me a headache faster)
I usually drink some red can coke when I smoke. (Water of course, but I also drink red can coke since it has potassium in it. You could also eat a banana. Potassium is known to help with headaches)

I can't think of anything else at the moment. I'm at work and I am tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Never eat while smoking. Also have you smoked Nak before? Its unwashed and has a much higher nic content, so it is a super buzz in comparison to SB.
HUH?Nick, what are you talking about? Why not eat while smoking? What's wrong with it?

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Thats what ive always been told, And I always feel horrible when I eat and smoke. I always wait about 20 mins or so.
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:02 PM
MGHookah
Hookah Nut

i recommend eating before you smoke, not during or after, whenever I eat before i usually feel just fine
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook