Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My first hookah problems

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 6th, 2010, 12:18 AM
darkmdbeener
Hookah Newbie

Question My first hookah problems

some information (can skip not important):
Well i just bought a hookah (premium hookah). honestly it is not bad for a first one but after joining this place i relized that i paid way to much o well.

this is a ~20" tall hookah with dual house options. the hookah it self is pretty good for what i need right now.

problem:
the problem is with one of the hose's. After we pop'd the hookahs cherry. we noticed one hose was harder to hit then the other. Nothing seems to be cloged tho. A friend says just keep hitting it and it should free up sooner or later.

What i would like to know is, If i keep useing this hose would it fix itself. If it will not fix its self is there a way to fix it, i would rather not spend any more money.

-Beener
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:22 AM
wildmancherry1
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to wildmancherry1
Default Re: My first hookah problems

hmm, cant really think of what might actually be there, usually inside the hoses are metal coils, so if some of these are collapsed inside that might be the problem, but i dont see that fixing itsself. Have you tried pushing on the hose all the way down with your fingers to see i u can tell any difference anywhere?
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

This might sound like a stupid question but does your hookah have self sealing ports and is this hose hooked up to one. The reason i ask this is because a self sealing port can make a slightly tougher draw, especially when the other hose is hooked up to a normal hose port. If this is not the case i don't think that continued use of the hose would make the draw better. It sounds like it is partially clogged or blocked in some way.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:25 AM
noobiE46
Hookah Nut

hmmm i had the same problem with my first hookah...first clean the hookah very well if that doesn't work than i think one of the hose adapters isn't working well does the hookah have auto seal?
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Crossfire82
Hookah Nut

i have the same problem with mine...
yet, mine is a cheap chinese one with self sealing ports which according to drewzi might be the problemo
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:32 AM
darkmdbeener
Hookah Newbie

if by auto-seal you mean a small ball bearing in the port then yes but it is not the hookah itself because it still hits hard without being plug in. Both me and a friend tried pushing it together to see it is was something in it but could not tell.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire82 View Post
i have the same problem with mine...
yet, mine is a cheap chinese one with self sealing ports which according to drewzi might be the problemo
Yeah my party hookah is a four hose Mya Colossus with self sealing ports, they do restrict air flow slightly because you have to lift a ball bearing on your inhale.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmdbeener View Post
if by auto-seal you mean a small ball bearing in the port then yes but it is not the hookah itself because it still hits hard without being plug in. Both me and a friend tried pushing it together to see it is was something in it but could not tell.
What kind of hose is it? If it has a wooden handle or port connector there may have been a error when it was being carved, therefore leading to a restricted airflow.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:37 AM
noobiE46
Hookah Nut

Quote:
ahh ok i ask because i also had auto seal in my old hookah and the ball bearing is what was causing the problem for us and it would really restrict the air flow sometimes it would cut it off or sometimes it would work fine
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiE46 View Post
ahh ok i ask because i also had auto seal in my old hookah and the ball bearing is what was causing the problem for us and it would really restrict the air flow sometimes it would cut it off or sometimes it would work fine
The self sealing hose ports are just like purges you have to clean then on a somewhat regular basis otherwise they tend to gum up on you and not work properly.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:42 AM
darkmdbeener
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewzi View Post
What kind of hose is it? If it has a wooden handle or port connector there may have been a error when it was being carved, therefore leading to a restricted airflow.
It is the one that came with it, so nothing special. wooden handle with a rounded metal tip, metal piece at the end of the wooden handle, the plug is also wooden with a metal piece at the top (wooden plug goes into the hole not the metal).
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:46 AM
noobiE46
Hookah Nut

Quote:
The self sealing hose ports are just like purges you have to clean then on a somewhat regular basis otherwise they tend to gum up on you and not work properly.
yeah i would always clean my hookah from top to bottom whenever we smoked or at least run water through it and it still ended up not working properly but it was a chinese hookah anyways
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiE46 View Post
yeah i would always clean my hookah from top to bottom whenever we smoked or at least run water through it and it still ended up not working properly but it was a chinese hookah anyways
Sometimes you have to take the ball bearing out and wash it to get the stuff off. I do this every once in a while if i notice that its not purging or drawing properly, just remove the screw from the hose port.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:55 AM
darkmdbeener
Hookah Newbie

I got it fixed. honestly i dont know why i didnt try this before >.>.

anywho what i did was take a light and looked down the hose. i noticed that on one end i saw nothing but black and on the end i saw nothing but light. turn out it was not drilled all the way through. >.> i realy did not have anything to stick down there to fix it so i grab the one thing that would, a incense stick. all is fixed but now my mouth sorta burns from the inhale of the incense that rubed off lol.

thanks guys
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:58 AM
noobiE46
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Sometimes you have to take the ball bearing out and wash it to get the stuff off. I do this every once in a while if i notice that its not purging or drawing properly, just remove the screw from the hose port.
thats the thing that really pissed me off about this hookah was that you couldn't take off the ball bearing the hose port was part of the hookah you couldn't unscrew or anything it was welded on there or something it was a learning experience for me lol
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:35 AM
MightyMower
Hookah Newbie

I bought a hose a few days ago. Just a cheap one with a wooden tip. It had glue or something in the mouth piece. I tested it out on the way home and I couldn't get any air in it what so ever.

I'm finding out, With hookah you get what you pay for.
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMower View Post
I bought a hose a few days ago. Just a cheap one with a wooden tip. It had glue or something in the mouth piece. I tested it out on the way home and I couldn't get any air in it what so ever.

I'm finding out, With hookah you get what you pay for.
Not always, some of the best tobaccos out there are also the cheapest. Take DM for example its $5 for 300gm compared to SB $22 for 250gm, most serious smokers will agree that DM beats SB any day of the week.
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via MSN to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via Skype™ to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx

Oh yeah Drewzi!!! DM ALL THE WAY!! (except when I pick up my AF mint) lol.

KM 34" Single Pear | KM 32" Halzone | KM 30" Carnaval
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:23 PM
wildmancherry1
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to wildmancherry1

Actually DM is the worst thing ive ever let pass my lips.
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:30 PM
GRANDPA
Hookah Nut

if you have an air compressor try to clean out the hoses with that... i use a compressor to clean my non washable hoses thanks to the tip from manjaco on here
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:40 PM
tmv8888
Hookah Pro

my sahara smoke pearl pheonix has this same characteristic. one of the valves is auto seal (meaning it has a ball bearing inside that closes the valve when the other hose is being used). it does make it quite a bit harder to draw from but nothing too drastic.
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:24 AM
puneet739
Hookah Nut

Quote:
some information (can skip not important):
Well i just bought a hookah (premium hookah). honestly it is not bad for a first one but after joining this place i relized that i paid way to much o well.

this is a ~20" tall hookah with dual house options. the hookah it self is pretty good for what i need right now.

problem:
the problem is with one of the hose's. After we pop'd the hookahs cherry. we noticed one hose was harder to hit then the other. Nothing seems to be cloged tho. A friend says just keep hitting it and it should free up sooner or later.

What i would like to know is, If i keep useing this hose would it fix itself. If it will not fix its self is there a way to fix it, i would rather not spend any more money.

-Beener
might b the hookah hose got sme thing stuck in it....
try cleaning it once.....
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:11 AM
extremelyterrific
Hookah Pro

have you tried swapping the hoses to see if it's the valve or the hose itself?
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:27 PM
jvminner
Hookah Nut

I turned a one hose into a two hose and since one had the auto seal and the other didn't the one that was free flowing hit normally and the one with the seal was somewhat blocked off because of the ball in the way.
Old May 10th, 2010, 02:39 AM
colby
Hookah Nut

My double hookah with port seals also was hard to hit on one end as well. It was actually a problem with the bearing block. It was too close to the hole on the chamber so it didn't allow as much smoke through. I tried to fix it by moving the bearing block but it broke so I had to remove the bearings and blocks so now it doesn't auto seal.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook