Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Drunk Hookah= Bad morning?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 6th, 2010, 01:06 AM
bbwave
Hookah Newbie

Default Drunk Hookah= Bad morning?

So a couple nights ago some of my friends and I decided to bring out the 2 hose pharaoh while we were pretty drunk. I smoked it for a good hour. When I woke up I had never been so dizzy in my life. Also I had smoked once during the day and then 2 times the day before. Note that I am not a frequent smoker. Could it be that I smoked too much hookah in a small amount of time. Im just trying to figure out why I was soo dizzy when I woke up. I couldnt get out of bed. Thanks guys.
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:09 AM
noobiE46
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Drunk Hookah= Bad morning?

hmm i've never had that happen to me at all maybe it was the alcohol still in your system?
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:11 AM
bbwave
Hookah Newbie

I've been hungover before, but this was different. It was just like the room was spinning, no headache.
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Simpat
Hookah Newbie

waking up still drunk probably. happens to me sometimes
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:13 AM
noobiE46
Hookah Nut

oh woah i really don't know but i highly doubt that could've been from smoking the hookah
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Cadrian
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Cadrian

My guess is you could have been dehydrated from drinking and the smoking might have just made it a little worse but I would say it the drinking is 90% to 99% of the problem.

I rarely get a headache after drinking, I usually just super thirsty and a little dizzy in the morning after a night of to much. Which usually I drink some Gatorade or Juice or something followed by something with some caffeine(which also can dehydrate you), which makes me feel pretty decent.

Nicotine is out of system pretty fast... HIGHLY doubt it caused you to be dizzy in the morning but smoking can help with becoming dehydrated and Drinking can really dehydrate you.... Kinda one the big things that cause Hangovers.

Did you eat before you drank and Smoked? Did you drink any liquids with out alcohol before hand?

*edit just some copy and pasted information
Smoking can also have a dehydrating effect. The chemicals in tobacco cause blood vessels to temporarily constrict, a reaction similar to dehydration. When dehydration and smoking are combined, the body's need for water is intensified. Smoking also accelerates how quickly the body metabolizes caffeine and, as a result, it aggravates caffeine's dehydrating effect on the body

Last edited by Cadrian; May 6th, 2010 at 01:51 AM.
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Cadrian hit the nail on the head.

When im drunk, and smoke hookah, its 100X worse in the morning. But thats what you get for havin loads of fun. Take it in stride brother. Always drink water while smoking, and before you sleep after smoking and drinking.

Also hangover.
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:20 AM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

Just sounds like your body doesnt like the nicotine alcohol cocktail in your blood. If nicotine and alcohol was actually dangerous for you, id have died ages ago. Just eat some eggs, drink some cranberry juice (sans the vodka this time around) and youll be good to go.
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Blaat
Hookah Pro

Just hangover I think..
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:20 AM
extremelyterrific
Hookah Pro

dehydration really seems like the issue. whenever i drink i make a point to just drink at least one large glass of water before bed... smoking generally makes me realized how parched i am.

i'd suggest re-hydrating before you hit the hay and you'll avoid a dizzy hangover in the morning/afternoon
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:27 AM
ozlopez
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ozlopez

i havent had this happen to me... yet haha. but then again its been a while since ive really drank enough to get like that lol
Old May 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Nicotine and alcohol are a potent combination. I usually try to keep large amounts of each separate because they can make each other much worse. Alcohol dehydrates you, nicotine makes you dizzy and sick if you consume too much or are not properly hydrated. Sounds like you just over did it a bit.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:05 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

hookah works best hydrated, alcohol dehydrates, you need to drink a ton of water if your going to combine the two, otherwise you are in for it
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Hookah Happines
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwave View Post
So a couple nights ago some of my friends and I decided to bring out the 2 hose pharaoh while we were pretty drunk. I smoked it for a good hour. When I woke up I had never been so dizzy in my life. Also I had smoked once during the day and then 2 times the day before. Note that I am not a frequent smoker. Could it be that I smoked too much hookah in a small amount of time. Im just trying to figure out why I was soo dizzy when I woke up. I couldnt get out of bed. Thanks guys.

Hi,

I have been smoking hookah for several years, and lately I have found that sometimes when smoking a lot of hookah I will get very nauseous and feel like I need to lie down for a bit. This sounds like it might be similar to what you're talking about. Usually I notice it after I smoke a lot of hookah at once with just one other person. Probably a reaction to the quantity, I guess.

I find that if you just space out your smoking a bit you usually don't feel this way.
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:27 PM
PBRpunx14
Hookah Pro

what you need is practice. eventually you will build up a decent tolerance to the booze+smoke combo and then it won't be an issue. i can't remember the last time i got drunk w/o smoking hookah. just gotta know your limits (especially if you gotta get up early in the morning).
i prescribe a new form of "edward 40-hands" as preliminary treatment. we tape a tiny hookah to one hand with a huge bowl fully packed, coals lit, and the hose pointed at your face; then we tape a 40 oz to the other hand. shit, i might could use a little "treatment" for myself
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:36 PM
bbwave
Hookah Newbie

Thanks guys
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:38 PM
GRANDPA
Hookah Nut

dizzyness was pure dehydration. i have woken up after a heavy drinking and hookah night and had the same dizzyness from dehydration. then i learned to chug a bottle of water before i go to bed. always prevent some of the hangover
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:07 PM
SOLEJDM
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to SOLEJDM

the last time i drank and smoked, i threw up a ridiculous amount.
but tolerance is key
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Absolem
Hookah Nut

Nicotine makes the blood thicker, and alcohol makes it thinner. So that's not the problem.

It could be the shisha, because I got a hangover from having a bowl of Fantasia with my dinner. Worst (then again, only) hangover I've had. Lasted from 8 in the morning to three in the afternoon. Fun stuff.
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Allan
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Allan

hookah sickness in the morning,never fun XD
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Cadrian
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Cadrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
Nicotine makes the blood thicker, and alcohol makes it thinner. So that's not the problem.
I dont wanna be a jerk but ummmm I already posted that the two in combination do have an effect.... Blood Thinning or Thickening has nothing to do on with your not adding water to your system... =Dehydration= Dizziness + nausea + Headache = Hangover

Which means your going to get dehydrated from drinking beers all night and taking the million trips to the bathroom urinating all that water out. (Hence one big reason for the hangover in the morning)
So when you add smoking to the picture which only amplifies the condition due to it constricting your blood vessels its going to feel a little worse by chance.

Then again the thread starter... May have had just a hangover don't realize that and the hookah may have nothing to do it or he didnt get enough sleep, or he slept funny the moon aligned just right and it caused it.

But to say Nicotine and Alcohol counter react each other balancing out.

Last edited by BIGPOPPA; May 9th, 2010 at 02:40 AM. Reason: illegal substance terminology used
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:49 AM
puneet739
Hookah Nut

never mix alcohol with hookah... it will give u extra ordinary buzz
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook