Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Please help

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 8th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Red X
Hookah Newbie

Default Please help

Hello everyone, im new to the hookah world, but from what i understand i have a decent hookah and have several nice types of shisha, i have a 24' syrian nour hookah, whenever i try and smoke starbuzz sex on the beach i find that it gets very harsh and it isint enjoyable at all. I use 2 layers on foil, and two ******* hookah natural coals, and if i take one coal off it still seems to taste odd. This is unfortunate because i live in a area where shipping shisha takes 10 days regardless and i dont want to keep waisting the shisha i have. I have had much better luck with hookah-hookah brand tobacco and from what i understand starbuzz is supposed to be a much higher quality. I always use water and ice in the base. If anyone could help me with some tips for smoking starbuzz please let me know, i would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks - Rick
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:52 AM
extremelyterrific
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Please help

packing your bowl more loosely or with less shisha could help, also rotating your coals more frequently... if it's getting harsh it usually boils down to improper heat management so while you're smoking whenever you first taste the harshness (or before if you can catch it) ash the coals, clear your hookah, and move your coals to a new spot.
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator

How do you pack your shisha?
I've found that with Strabuzz you should pack it loosely with quite a bit of space between the rim and the tobacco.
I sprinkle it in and LIGHTLY pack it down. I get great results like that.
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:15 AM
wildmancherry1
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to wildmancherry1

Tobacco is touching the foil sounds like.
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Dan_E
Hookah Newbie

make a lot holes with a needle, look at vase and check if the water is 2-3 cm over the vase hose.
check that your shisha is little wet and use 2-3 coals in funnel or 1-2 coals in regular bowl.

if its like that every thing need to be fine, very well taste very big clouds but if its still seems like your problem mix some huny and water(less than a small spoon) with your shisha and use cold water its be very well.

i forgot to say
dont pack a lot of shisha toy our bowl
use a little bit and cover with foil...
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:48 AM
pampinboy0815
Hookah Newbie

i am guessing you are burning your shisha and mabe you have too much heat maybe change coal brands or rotate them or something strange thing is i love sb x on the beach i smoke it every week and it never got harsh mayb its the coals i use af quicklits or coconars most of the time.
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:50 AM
brybry642
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
Hello everyone, im new to the hookah world, but from what i understand i have a decent hookah and have several nice types of shisha, i have a 24' syrian nour hookah, whenever i try and smoke starbuzz sex on the beach i find that it gets very harsh and it isint enjoyable at all. I use 2 layers on foil, and two ******* hookah natural coals, and if i take one coal off it still seems to taste odd. This is unfortunate because i live in a area where shipping shisha takes 10 days regardless and i dont want to keep waisting the shisha i have. I have had much better luck with hookah-hookah brand tobacco and from what i understand starbuzz is supposed to be a much higher quality. I always use water and ice in the base. If anyone could help me with some tips for smoking starbuzz please let me know, i would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks - Rick

A 24 foot Syrian!...where do you keep it and how do you pack that bowl?...Must be like Jack and the Beanstock.
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:05 PM
EssamHelmy
Hookah Nut

When you pack your starbuzz, try sprinkling it into the bowl and pat it down a bit to go below the rim of the bowl. Start off with one coal, rotate it around the bowl, then add more coals if the heat is not enough to get it going. Thats depending on how big your bowl is. This method applies to my small Egyptian bowl. Good luck and let us know your progress.
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:44 PM
puneet739
Hookah Nut

hey dnt pack it over and make lots of holess in ur bowl... u will enjoy starbuzzz
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook