Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

le sigh

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Hookah Pro
Default le sigh

so msn seems to be covering some scewed media as of late. They did a report on hookah that pretty much revolved around the theory that cigarettes and hookah are the same thing, same carbon monoxide output, same nicotene, same risk. Now that part that gets to me, is not that they have made this theory that hookah may be bad for you, it's fine to have a theory. The bad part is that the people conducting the interviews for this theroy made it so heavey handed in their questioning of subjects that it could do nothing buy villianize hookah. When this data is givin to those that make the laws of course they are going to try and ban the stuff, all they see is "holy crap! This stuff kills kids, adults, and steals from little old ladies? LETS GET IT OFF TEH STREET!" It's very sad to see this kind of snowballing because more than likly, this will be the outcome, due to people with their own heavy handed agenda's

p.s. sorry for all the mis-spelling, it's very late and I had to kind of fly through this
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via AIM to Allan
Default Re: le sigh

i hear ya

we had something just like this happen in florida,hell,we cant have flavor'd cigs in florida anymore,all we have thats flavor'd is hookah,and they where trying to pass a bill here that would ban all hookah and nht things,and make it harder for cigs to come in,but all the people of florida came together and signed a thing,and spoke are minds about this bill and it didnt pass
Old May 13th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Hookah Pro

You really have to look at the issue from both sides. The question has always been asked is hookah tobacco is as bad as smoking cigs? The answer is yes and no. Yes it is tobacco and eventhough it might have less nicotin and no tar or other "Secret" ingredients Phillip Morris and others mix with the tobacco, it is still tobacco. Having said that traditionally hookahs were not meant to replace cigarettes but as something of pass time activity like once a week/month where majority of Hookah smokers are not smokers at all and they just like the smell/taste of the flavoured shisha while sitting in a cafe drinking coffee or tea or a get together with friends and family. What I noticed on here is many young people smoke hookahs on a daily basis and some claim to smoke 100, 200, 300... grams a day and if you do that then you are a full-time smoker and the health risk is similar to smoking cigarettes, not to mention the risk to your pocket book. JMO
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Hookah Nut

Yes, I got the "I read on MSNBC" speech from an acquaintance last night -- I suspect in reference to the same report. I had just about gotten everyone on the same harmonious wavelength about it, too!

Like any vice out there, it can be abused. There was a time in my teen years when I would go through 100oz of Mtn Dew in 24 hours...I suspect that was pretty damn damaging and would've been exponentially more so had it developed into a full adult habit. Yet you can still buy Mtn Dew in 2 liter bottles, no limit per person, at any corner store. It just takes a dash of discipline that can be instilled w/ education, not abolition.

It's a very age-old idiom: everything in moderation
Setup: Farida Mini / KM 3Metal,Beast,1001N / Elmas 618 | TXHv3 / Razan / SS | Tan, Nak, Maz
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Hookah Aficionado

It's really sad what's happened to journalism in this country, sensationalism is nothing new but what's sad is that it's not only the norm now but what journalistic outlet feel they need to survive. They need to villianize something, make it an atrocity, make mountains out of mole-hills because being objective and just reporting the news doesn't draw the crowd anymore...

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook