Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Syrian Hookahs

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 14th, 2010, 09:53 AM
requi3m
Hookah Nut

Default Syrian Hookahs

I've been looking around for a new hookah since my previous one broke. I've been considering buying a syrian hookah. I can't figure out which ones are traditional styles or have open chamber designs. I've been really looking at the ones at hookahstore.com anybody know how I can tell which ones are which?
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Default Re: Syrian Hookahs

i like this one
its also upgradable to 3 hoses and it has auto seal
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1715-...ed-hookah.html
Old May 14th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

ari, that really is a great looking hookah. I am assuming you have one since you like it. Good smoke from it? My next hookah I want to get a Syrian, as well. Though, that will be a while as the two I have right now are more than sufficient. It'll be a luxory purchase for me when I do. LOL Smoke happy.

dus'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
i like this one
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:01 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
i like this one
Did you link to the wrong hookah? The Glyph is a good rig but it is a one hose only.
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

It might be common but I would personally reccommend the Al Fakher solid hookah, medium or large. It's a traditional chamber and the best hookah I've ever smoked from and I've tried many including several km's and it's the best looking as well IMO
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Maxwell314
Hookah Newbie

disclaimer on the H-S site:
Quote:
Note: All Syrian Hookahs are equipped with 3 ports, meaning that a single hosed Syrian hookah will have 2 release valves. You can turn a single hose Syrian hookah into a 2 or 3 hosed hookah by adding Syrian Hose adapters (sold separately).
And Hookahstore.com will take care of ya, I know that much. A KM would be a solid purchase no matter what. They are handmade in Egypt and it is apparent in the appearance, but otherwise doesn't affect smoke. If you are going to get a multi-hose hookah just keep in mind that KMs do not come with autoseal on any of the 3 hoses, and that the syrian might only be able to autoseal on 2 of the ports (I don't know if you are able to just pop a ball bearing in, the 2 ports with autoseal would be the previous purge valves.)

Honestly I've never tried a syrian hookah but I hope to. That being said though my best experiences have been with egyptian hookahs.
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:54 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Did you link to the wrong hookah? The Glyph is a good rig but it is a one hose only.
nope i linked it right, its upgradable to three, i guarantee it
you can buy it in a 2 and 3 hose as well, but all are the same hookah with the hose port put in just like that of a MYA
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:04 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
nope i linked it right, its upgradable to three, i guarantee it
you can buy it in a 2 and 3 hose as well, but all are the same hookah with the hose port put in just like that of a MYA
Ah. You are talking about adding ports onto the purge valve of the hookah. Trust me, this is less than ideal. While it will make for extra hose ports in the technical sense the draw on them will be a fraction of what they should be. A well made hookah will have different sized ports for the hose and for the purge to make the vase clear quickly and well.

I also want to make it clear that not all Syrian hookahs have this feature. Most are single hose hookahs with one purge.
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Maxwell314
Hookah Newbie

It expressly states on H-S that this one can do 3. I agree with the problem of the valve ports giving less pull then the main ports. The only hookahs that I've seen that are able to be expandable without affecting the draw are MYA's but that is just because they are made to be universal. I would say buy a 1 hose egyptian or syrian, deal with it being 1 hose (sometimes it's nice to have full functionality), then get a decent MYA when you get the dough. Once you have em both you can run more than one flavor. MYA's do pretty well despite their size, but from what i've experienced, pale in comparison to bigger egyptian or syrians (this doesn't at all mean they are bad).
Old May 14th, 2010, 07:05 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell314 View Post
It expressly states on H-S that this one can do 3. I agree with the problem of the valve ports giving less pull then the main ports. The only hookahs that I've seen that are able to be expandable without affecting the draw are MYA's but that is just because they are made to be universal. I would say buy a 1 hose egyptian or syrian, deal with it being 1 hose (sometimes it's nice to have full functionality), then get a decent MYA when you get the dough. Once you have em both you can run more than one flavor. MYA's do pretty well despite their size, but from what i've experienced, pale in comparison to bigger egyptian or syrians (this doesn't at all mean they are bad).
Not all Mya hookahs are small. They run very tall actually. The height does not make much of a difference so long as you are using quality products and have good heat management.

I want to make it clear that I am an advocate of single hose hookahs. I have a single a double and used to use a triple hose hookah that I have let fade into the background. I have used all of them quite a bit and really prefer a single hose hookah because the function is better in my experiences.
Old May 14th, 2010, 07:37 PM
matais3
Hookah Nut

Get an Assyrian hookah
Old May 14th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Green_Hookah
Hookah Nut

Well whatever you get Hookah-shisha is a great website. I highly recomend them
Old May 14th, 2010, 08:08 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Hookah View Post
Well whatever you get Hookah-shisha is a great website. I highly recomend them
I second this. Nothing but good experiences with them for me.
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:35 AM
requi3m
Hookah Nut

I agree that hookah-shisha is a GREAT website, they have a very large selection for any of products that you want. I actually put in a order of tangiers and coconaras today. The only reason I'm looking at hookahstore is their selection/pricing of their syrian hookahs. hanks for all of your input and it has really helped me decide that a syrian hookah is the way to go for me. My friend just got a fifa KM, but KM's are just a lil bit out of the price range for me, so I decided on syrians for their quality as well as the price.
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell314 View Post
It looks as though there are 2 purge valves.. if i were to use a syrian (i do really like the look) i would probably do 2 hoses most of the time.
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:29 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by requi3m View Post
I agree that hookah-shisha is a GREAT website, they have a very large selection for any of products that you want. I actually put in a order of tangiers and coconaras today. The only reason I'm looking at hookahstore is their selection/pricing of their syrian hookahs. hanks for all of your input and it has really helped me decide that a syrian hookah is the way to go for me. My friend just got a fifa KM, but KM's are just a lil bit out of the price range for me, so I decided on syrians for their quality as well as the price.
I feel you made the right choice. Brass Syrian hookahs are beautiful and functional.
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:03 PM
WestSide96
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to WestSide96

maybe some1 could help me..where to find syrian hookahs in EU ?
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:19 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Smoke View Post
It might be common but I would personally reccommend the Al Fakher solid hookah, medium or large. It's a traditional chamber and the best hookah I've ever smoked from and I've tried many including several km's and it's the best looking as well IMO
Deserves a link:
http://alfakheronline.com/Item_Hookahs.htm

Even without a discount, still not a bad price.

Old May 16th, 2010, 07:38 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker View Post
Deserves a link:
http://alfakheronline.com/Item_Hookahs.htm

Even without a discount, still not a bad price.
You know I did not know they had on-line sales, but I'm glad you posted this link because I would love the 36 inch large solid. I think this just may be my next purchase, since I have aquired all the KMs I can handle storage wise... Thanks for the info!
Share with your friends on facebook