Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Alot of freaking Tobacco

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 19th, 2010, 01:43 AM
WestSide96
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to WestSide96
Default Re: Alot of freaking Tobacco

Just cant imagine why u guys keeping more than couple of kilos of tobacco, or maybe its buying obsession ?
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:49 AM
eradikater
Hookah Nut

400g
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:23 AM
brybry642
Hookah Nut

2.5 ks of Nakhla. I can't imagine where you would keep more than 20ks...
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:43 AM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

I have about 3 kilos on hand right now. Been trying to smoke down the piles of tobacco but will be restocking on Desi Murli in the near future which should be between 1.5-3 kilos.
Most I've ordered online? 250g.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Jhawks240
Hookah Nut

Doesn't matter if you own a Hookah bar, I've seen the the stashes that Hookah bars have and they NEVER have more than 10 KILOS at the most. I smell bs
Old May 19th, 2010, 04:13 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawks240 View Post
Doesn't matter if you own a Hookah bar, I've seen the the stashes that Hookah bars have and they NEVER have more than 10 KILOS at the most. I smell bs
Wanna bet? Go stroll your butt down to Lazy Dayz hookah lounge in Newport News VA. Take a look under their counter and in the back. They proly have 10k of Tangiers alone.

You have to remember, alot of us are in areas where hookah tobacco is not readily available, so we have to order online. That means paying shipping. More per order equals not having to order as often and not paying as much in shipping. When I was in college, I got my tobacco online only, and often had several Ks for personal use, and a couple Ks to smoke with everyone.

Btw, not trying to sound like an ass, but never assume you know everything about a subject. Someone's likely to come along and make you feel really stupid.
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:01 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I did have a butt load of shisha. I think my last order was 3k? I think that was my biggest order, if not it was damn close to it. I try to keep lots of flavors on hand for myself and then some friends. My cabinet is forever having flavors and amounts added and subtracted to it

Just off the top of my head:

I had over 3k but now I'm down to 1.5 k or less in AF
I had over 2k almost 3 of S.S now down to roughly 1.4 k
Um....HH I think I have about a K of it and then random shisha like 200 g fantasia, or samples. Recent but not completely recent pictures of my stash in my video review intro

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

4kg mix of Tangiers, Nakhla and some AF on one order. Currently riding on 17+kg in the cabinet.
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:24 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

I do about 2 keys a order, last a good 3 months. Anything more then that is just a waste and sits for a long time. Moving next week so i got about 1 key on stash but most of it get put in to a big container called mystery blend if less than 50g. Let that sit for a couple day and let the flavors marry and BAM great new flavor.
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Absolem
Hookah Nut

Online: 100g
Offline: 250g

I try to buy my when the occassion arises. As it stands though, I've probably got around 500g.
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Jhawks240
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeriekitsune View Post
Wanna bet? Go stroll your butt down to Lazy Dayz hookah lounge in Newport News VA. Take a look under their counter and in the back. They proly have 10k of Tangiers alone.

You have to remember, alot of us are in areas where hookah tobacco is not readily available, so we have to order online. That means paying shipping. More per order equals not having to order as often and not paying as much in shipping. When I was in college, I got my tobacco online only, and often had several Ks for personal use, and a couple Ks to smoke with everyone.

Btw, not trying to sound like an ass, but never assume you know everything about a subject. Someone's likely to come along and make you feel really stupid.

I was referring to the kid who says he has 50kilos? Let's say its Nakhla, that is at least $2000 dollars in shisha PLUS shipping. Still calling bullshit. In Orlando, I know for a fact that none of the Hookah Bars around here do not have that much Shisha. So don't be naive and think you know everything about something, otherwise someone will come along and make you feel stupid.

Also I do order my tobacco online as well, because the brands I enjoy are not sold around here, but anything more than 3 Kilo's is a bit ridiculous for personal use.

Last edited by Jhawks240; May 20th, 2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old May 20th, 2010, 01:45 AM
EvanW
Hookah Nut

I think the most I've ever ordered MIGHT be 500g you guys make me feel ashamed of my stash.
Old May 20th, 2010, 05:16 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Have a look at some of these stashes http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10044
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:52 AM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

Quote:
I was referring to the kid who says he has 50kilos? Let's say its Nakhla, that is at least $2000 dollars in shisha PLUS shipping. Still calling bullshit. In Orlando, I know for a fact that none of the Hookah Bars around here do not have that much Shisha. So don't be naive and think you know everything about something, otherwise someone will come along and make you feel stupid.

Also I do order my tobacco online as well, because the brands I enjoy are not sold around here, but anything more than 3 Kilo's is a bit ridiculous for personal use.
I was referring to your statement that hookah bars never have more than 10k ever. And I'm not being naive, I've seen their storage space. Considering they sell three brands, average 15 flavors each, on their menu - that's 45 different tobaccos. As it's smarter to use 250g or kilo tubs, even if they only had one open 250g tub of each flavor that's 11k.

Who ever said that someone made a 50k order all at once? He said, and I quote "50k the most i've ever had" (bolding mine). He made have made several gigantic orders and not smoked much of it. It starts to add up.

As to the last statement, I do the same as well as it's cheaper in the long run buying online. And although you may consider it ridiculous, I enjoy being about to choose a different flavor to smoke any time I want out of my 6k stash.

Have a nice smoke!
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:44 AM
xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via MSN to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via Skype™ to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx

Got about 4k of various nakhla on hand right now.
Going to getting some more on friday though.

I really need to order more cocos.. I've gone through a damn kilo in 2 days, lol.

KM 34" Single Pear | KM 32" Halzone | KM 30" Carnaval
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:24 AM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSide96 View Post
Just cant imagine why u guys keeping more than couple of kilos of tobacco, or maybe its buying obsession ?
well hookah tobacco lasts ruffly 2 years so figure how much you smoke per month multiply that by 24 and thats the top amount you should ever have in your stash....Figure why pay shipping and handling for online orders?just about every vendor has free shipping if you order enuff...Its not any different to have it sitting on your shelf then theres?

if I kept a stash of 2 kilos I would only have 2 flavors nakhla two apples in the Kilo can and AF soft black in a kilo tub and I'd have to make a new order every month and PAY for shipping...

anyway smoke happy....also its kinda nice to have 20 flavors to choose from
Old May 20th, 2010, 10:20 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoapplesplease View Post
well hookah tobacco lasts ruffly 2 years
This made me lol for the way you pack a bowl TAP 2 days maybe tops for a 250 of DA (50 grams a bowl) so a Kilo is not much for you
Old May 20th, 2010, 11:48 AM
andrewnnix
Hookah Pro

the most i have ordered was 3k and that only lasted two months. now what i have on hand is 0. bummer. though i will be going to Ca for the summer and i will buy some for casual sessions.
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Shirtless7
Hookah Nut

The most I had was about 750g, as of right now, I think I have just under 2 kilos of tobacco at home.

Although I have about 1 kilo total of friends tobacco they have left at my place after smoking together. I guess that is the upside to hosting
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:29 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Quote:
this is BS, every hookah bar in my area has way more than this, most of them order the popular flavors by the kilo and the less popular flavors in at least 250 gram packs. they tend to carry at least 20 different flavors with the more popular places carrying even as many as a 100 to choose from
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Jhawks240
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
this is BS, every hookah bar in my area has way more than this, most of them order the popular flavors by the kilo and the less popular flavors in at least 250 gram packs. they tend to carry at least 20 different flavors with the more popular places carrying even as many as a 100 to choose from
I was referring to Orlando. They all only offer one brand, (King Tut Al Fakher, Meridians Al Fakher, Medici's Layalina, Natura's Al Fakher) and don't carry that much, which is really annoying because I would always go in and try to buy some, but they couldn't spare any to sell me any because they keep such a low inventory. I would think that they would get good business considering UCF is one of the largest schools in the U.S., and there would have to be a good amount of college students who smoke hookah, but that is not the case I suppose.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook