Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Dry Ice

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 21st, 2010, 08:31 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: Dry Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimis View Post
Ya dry ice was a bad idea, but I asked instead of trying it xD and about the ONLY water part, highly disagree, I don't know the health factor but flavour vise it's good to use milk or other drinks
I prefer to taste the tobacco. If the flavor needs help it's time to think about buying better tobacco. I also prefer to actually drink the drinks I buy and avoid wasting money if I am just going to pour them down the drain.

I also like washing my hookah without worrying about residual sugar, mold and sour milk.
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:36 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Kalu covered it but I'll just add DON'T DO IT BECAUSE IT WILL KILL YOU VERY QUICKLY.
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:14 AM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

Just don't mess around with it..... It can kill you why risk it
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:58 PM
Laimis
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to Laimis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I prefer to taste the tobacco. If the flavor needs help it's time to think about buying better tobacco. I also prefer to actually drink the drinks I buy and avoid wasting money if I am just going to pour them down the drain.

I also like washing my hookah without worrying about residual sugar, mold and sour milk.
I like to get maximum pleasure from hookah and milk makes the taste so much better, smooooth... I don't know how abou other tobaccos but al fakher taste needs milk not necesarry but I like it
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:33 AM
PBRpunx14
Hookah Pro

good! we are at a "day and age" that you should consult credible sources before you consume anything, regardless of the method. milk and other flavors have been discussed in other threads, (search 'milk' or "what's in your bowl") but i think the general consensus you'll get (here) is still "H2O all the way!"
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:36 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
I like to get maximum pleasure from hookah and milk makes the taste so much better, smooooth... I don't know how abou other tobaccos but al fakher taste needs milk not necesarry but I like it
I never have any problems with the smoke being smooth. I feel that if there is a harshness problem people should look to their heat management and packing before spending extra money and possibly messing up hoses and rigs with spoiled milk or mold growing on sugar residue.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:45 AM
jd25
Hookah Newbie

I wouldn't experiment lol
Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:39 AM
Laimis
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I never have any problems with the smoke being smooth. I feel that if there is a harshness problem people should look to their heat management and packing before spending extra money and possibly messing up hoses and rigs with spoiled milk or mold growing on sugar residue.
I have 2 hookahs, 5 different bowls and the smoke is smooth BUT, with milk it's extra smooth :P
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
I have 2 hookahs, 5 different bowls and the smoke is smooth BUT, with milk it's extra smooth :P
What does the number of smoking implements have to do with it? I mean, if you want I can list my hookah items but a person could own one bowl, one hose and one hookah and still get great sessions.

Trust me, I've tried milk in the base and it added nothing in my experiences. Every time I experimented with it the smoke was not more smooth than without and it just meant the I needed to work harder to clean up and worried about my hoses having milk residue in them. sour milk is a session ruiner without doubt.

You should be able to get a session of the utmost smoothness with just tobacco, charcoal and water.

Last edited by kalutika; May 22nd, 2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:08 PM
Francine
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Milk seems to take away some of the flavor for me. I don't see a point of adding something that takes away flavor. Flavor>Clouds.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:57 PM
arguiley<3
Hookah Newbie

Just a quick idea. Anyone ever thought about gazified water with ice? i mean, we've already done it with coke/pepsi and redbull?
Old May 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguiley<3 View Post
Just a quick idea. Anyone ever thought about gazified water with ice? i mean, we've already done it with coke/pepsi and redbull?
Are you talking about carbonation? Inhaling CO2 is bad for you and damaging in many ways that are not readily apparent.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
andino
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to andino Send a message via Skype™ to andino

I wonder for those who have chillers, CO2 in the chillers would be amazing to cool the smoke. Just don't burn yourself putting the dry ice in
Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I wonder for those who have chillers, CO2 in the chillers would be amazing to cool the smoke. Just don't burn yourself putting the dry ice in
this has been done online, its gets loud from the sound of the ash tray on top
Old May 22nd, 2010, 04:56 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Using dry ice in a closed room or even indoors is advised against because it take a very small ppm to become toxic.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 05:15 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Protip. Water freezes at 32 Degrees so you cant smoke through ice.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:11 AM
Francine
Hookah Nut

Everybody, listen to Kalutika, using dry ice is extremely dangerous and may cause serious health problems if incorrectly used. If you want a cool smoke, just use regular ice and avoid inadvertently poisoning yourself. Making the water too cold takes away from the flavor, in any case. What is the point of smoking if the smoke is flavorless?
Old May 23rd, 2010, 08:53 AM
Laimis
Hookah Nut

Quote:
What does the number of smoking implements have to do with it? I mean, if you want I can list my hookah items but a person could own one bowl, one hose and one hookah and still get great sessions.

Trust me, I've tried milk in the base and it added nothing in my experiences. Every time I experimented with it the smoke was not more smooth than without and it just meant the I needed to work harder to clean up and worried about my hoses having milk residue in them. sour milk is a session ruiner without doubt.

You should be able to get a session of the utmost smoothness with just tobacco, charcoal and water.
bad sence of taste? I have a friend that burnt shisha tastes good to him... 2 hookahs and 5 bowls means I have experience with hookahs and they don't produce perfect smoke
Old May 23rd, 2010, 10:46 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
bad sence of taste? I have a friend that burnt shisha tastes good to him... 2 hookahs and 5 bowls means I have experience with hookahs and they don't produce perfect smoke
Bad sense of taste? We were talking about smoothness.

If that's all you're measuring by then I have... 5 hookahs and 10 bowls. But that means nothing. The amount of stuff someone owns has no correlation to their ability to use it. I know a few people that have more stuff than I do and I would never trust them to set up a session.

I'm not trying to offend or annoy you. I am just saying that if you have problems with harshness or that your smoke is not perfectly smooth there are better, cheaper and cleaner ways to make the session better. Heat management is usually the main culprit. I have perfect sessions that do not need any modification and I have achieved this without using anything beyond the standard tobacco, charcoal and water. I find milk to be unnecessary, messy and more expensive than just water while adding nothing to the session. Thus, I advise against it's use.

I'm done thread jacking. Sorry for that everyone.
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Francine
Hookah Nut

No need to apologize. It was a valid point. Plus, I think this thread has died anyway.
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:49 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francine View Post
No need to apologize. It was a valid point. Plus, I think this thread has died anyway.
Kind of like anyone who puts dry ice in their hookah?
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:31 AM
EvanW
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
zing!
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Laimis
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
Haha this isbpointless, we use what ever makes us happy... But not dry ice
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Elco
Hookah Nut

I saw a good trick from hookahsniper... just put your base (with water) and hose in the freezer while setting up the rest and heating the coals. It could work.
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:16 AM
smokey void
Hookah Pro

if you wanna use dry ice, try packing it around the base, though this may freeze your water, or you could make a chiller system w/a brass coil packed in dry ice, just dont breath in the co2, suffocation will ensue and you will fail at life lol
Share with your friends on facebook