Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Descripe your first hookah experience

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 21st, 2010, 12:56 AM
EvanW
Hookah Nut

Default Descripe your first hookah experience

I was just wondering when/how you guys went about your first hookah experience?

For me, it was only about 2 months ago. I was up at college when one of my friends, future suite-mate, told me we should hookah. I had never smoked ANYTHING until this day, and I was nervous! Needless to say, I enjoyed it a TON, and now I'm here!

Not a terribly in depth story, but it's all I've got

Your turn!
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:22 AM
Maylene
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Descripe your first hookah experience

quite simple.

Parents got hella pissed, Kicked me out.

Stayed at a friends house,he took me to one of his friends house with him, had a hookah. Bunch of people came over, packed a bowl. Tasted super crazy good, hooked ever since!

Old May 21st, 2010, 01:24 AM
EvanW
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maylene View Post
quite simple.

Parents got hella pissed, Kicked me out.

Stayed at a friends house,he took me to one of his friends house with him, had a hookah. Bunch of people came over, packed a bowl. Tasted super crazy good, hooked ever since!
haha, good story!

My grandparents (who i live with) make me smoke by the trashcan outside because "I belong out with the trash when I smoke"

But it tastes good, and I enjoy it so I don't care!
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:25 AM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

We already have a thread on this http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...ht=Time+Hookah
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:56 AM
Blaat
Hookah Pro

It was with some friends outside, with that friends I smoke each week now, it was like 6-8 months ago, we were outside with 5 ppl on an evening, smoking Nakhla Sweet Melon out of a 1 hosed small hookah.
Now, more than half a year later, we all got our own hookah(s), and still enjoy smoking with eachother. As with most ppl, the first flavour they smoked was 'special' or so, mine was not, I don't like Sweet Melon that much.
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:09 AM
Elco
Hookah Nut

Two years ago. I was in egypt with a group tour. We were is Aswan and we just finished a camel trip which took one hour (my butt was not happy). We sat down in the camels owners bar. My groupleader took a shisha and I asked if I could try it. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I was hooked
When we arrived at the hotel her and me took another one at the shisha lounge bar of the hotel. A couple days later I bought a shisha in Khan El Khalili (big market district in Cairo).
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:19 AM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

my first experience was out of a mya econo-gelato. Smoking in the basement, parents didnt mind that I was smoking, so long as it wasnt NHT. But they were concerned for awhile that I was doing NHT haha. Romman Apple was my first flavor. At the time I thought it was great, I've never smoked anything with that much flavor before. Yeah I've had cigs and cigars. But wow, it was mind blowing. I was hooked ever since.
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:50 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

A little hookah/flavored martini bar in Madison, WI., that I can't remember the name of cuz it's been over six years since I was there. I was in Madison for a bike convention and it was after hours. I was just walking around the city, checking it out and came across this place and it looked interesting, so I stepped in. Once my eyes adjusted to the darkness inside, I went to the bar and talked with the bartender. I said I'd never tried a hookah before so he set me up and I bought a martini (can't remember the flavor) and I was hooked. It took a while for me to get back on the bandwagon after returning home but here I am and I'm not turning back. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:46 AM
hrsyinc
Hookah Newbie

A little over a week ago my friend called me up and told me to come over to his house when I was done at work cause he had a present for me. I had no idea what he had gotten me when he hand me the box, turns out hes awesome and it was a medium height 2 hose hookah with a roll of instant lights, tongs, a metal screen, a package of foil, and 50g of Deja Vu Double Apple. Needless to say I was pretty excited. The next day I watched Sambooka's how to video and got it going. It was great and now I'm hooked.

Oddly enough my friend had never tried a hookah before either, I invited him over to try it and now hes got a Nammor on the way.
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:48 PM
sin2001
Hookah Nut

Nov. 2009 chilling in the snow I was smoking a cig a buddy whipped out this funny looking thing. Loaded up a Bowl asked if I wanted a try. I tried and loved it. He was smoking a cosmo not sure what brand. But later I decided not to Smoke with him because I noticed he liked adding other crap into his Shish NHT . So now its just me and a few other friends, mostly neighbors.
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:52 PM
EvanW
Hookah Nut

These are all really good stories The Cairo one definitely has me beat
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:29 PM
zlj1989
Hookah Nut

Ah I remember my very first hookah experience like it was yesterday lol. Well it wasn't exactly yesterday, it was almost 2 years ago haha. My friend's friend was talking about it and both of us (who were on a vacation to our state fair) had no clue what she was talking about. So when we went, we were both really kinda skeptic, not because we thought it was illegal, it was just something different. The place wen went to had many different flavors. The flavor we got was like strawberry chocolate. It wasn't that great to be honest but a little while later someone brought their pipe over and gave it to us saying they were done. We were like "AWESOME!!". Then 5 minutes after that, someone else brought theirs over and gave it to us. We were shocked because they had only been smoking for like 10 minutes. So our group of about 5 people had 3 hookahs sitting around us each with a different flavor. It was a great experience until all of the hoses started to get tangled together lol

Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:07 AM
lohrja
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lohrja Send a message via Skype™ to lohrja

I met up with my best friend, Sarah, at Prince Hookah Lounge in Lexington, KY with a couple of friends I go to UK/BCTC with. Sarah introduced us to hookah and Prince. It was so much fun and I just remember trying all the different flavors Sarah and her friends had.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:11 AM
lizzyrdd
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lizzyrdd Send a message via Skype™ to lizzyrdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohrja View Post
I met up with my best friend, Sarah, at Prince Hookah Lounge in Lexington, KY with a couple of friends I go to UK/BCTC with. Sarah introduced us to hookah and Prince. It was so much fun and I just remember trying all the different flavors Sarah and her friends had.
That night we had Cherry, Orange Mint, Coconut, and Strawberry! (And a few others that I can't remember - we had a lot that night. That was my first time being at Prince as well although I had smoked hookah before.)
Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:17 AM
lizzyrdd
Hookah Nut

My first hookah experience was on my eighteenth birthday. My brother had come home on his mid-tour leave from Iraq and we drove to Kansas so he could take care of some things at his state-side base. On our way back home, we drove through St. Louis in a desperate three-hour long search for food, when we finally saw a sign for a hookah bar. I can't remember the name of the place, but my brother was curious. He had been smoking hookah since he had been in Iraq and didn't know that there were Hookah bars in the states. So, we went in, ate some gyros, and we smoked Orange-Mint. I remember being able to smell and taste it up to three days after we smoked, but since then I've been hooked! Best birthday present ever!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
lizzyrdd
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyrdd View Post
That night we had Cherry, Orange Mint, Coconut, and Strawberry! (And a few others that I can't remember - we had a lot that night. That was my first time being at Prince as well although I had smoked hookah before.)
We also had Purple Haze and Blue Mist StarBuzz as well.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Kurdles
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsyinc View Post
A little over a week ago my friend called me up and told me to come over to his house when I was done at work cause he had a present for me. I had no idea what he had gotten me when he hand me the box, turns out hes awesome and it was a medium height 2 hose hookah with a roll of instant lights, tongs, a metal screen, a package of foil, and 50g of Deja Vu Double Apple. Needless to say I was pretty excited. The next day I watched Sambooka's how to video and got it going. It was great and now I'm hooked.

Oddly enough my friend had never tried a hookah before either, I invited him over to try it and now hes got a Nammor on the way.
I can't wait!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanW View Post
I was just wondering when/how you guys went about your first hookah experience?

For me, it was only about 2 months ago. I was up at college when one of my friends, future suite-mate, told me we should hookah. I had never smoked ANYTHING until this day, and I was nervous! Needless to say, I enjoyed it a TON, and now I'm here!

Not a terribly in depth story, but it's all I've got

Your turn!
Whew,

Don't try and smoke anything else! Hookah has officially ruined all other kinds of smoking for you. Lol

For me, I was a naysayer. I used to mentor a group of high school kids and as they got to be juniors and seniors, they started to frequent a local hookah bar (this particular bar is actually kind of gross, though I wouldn't have known the difference at the time). I'd always give them a hard time about it because I didn't understand the culture or why exactly they enjoyed it so much.

Well, flash foreword a few years, several major life (and idealogical changes) had taken place and I found myself in a friends garage which he'd redone into a little hookah lounge with couches and christmas lights and interesting tapestries. We smoked out of a 24" Mya and I thought this thing looked incredible (in fact, it still looks quite nice). I was still skeptical because of my past, unfounded, opinions. But, reluctantly I tried it. And of course, to my surprise, it was nothing like what I expected. It was smooth and flavorful and I didn't experience any kind of chemical euphoria.

A week later I bought a pipe from Sahara Smoke, which I promptly returned when it arrived and I discovered (even as a novice smoker) that it was garbage. I then found Hookah-Shisha and bought a Mya Paragon (which I still have and love) and I have been smoking and collecting ever since.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
hubertee2004
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elco View Post
Two years ago. I was in egypt with a group tour. We were is Aswan and we just finished a camel trip which took one hour (my butt was not happy). We sat down in the camels owners bar. My groupleader took a shisha and I asked if I could try it. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I was hooked
When we arrived at the hotel her and me took another one at the shisha lounge bar of the hotel. A couple days later I bought a shisha in Khan El Khalili (big market district in Cairo).
u must've saved a lot of money since u bought at khan el khalili
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM
hubertee2004
Banned

It was almost a year ago, and my friend had some starbuzz white peach and eh had a Magdy Zidan(28in), I forget which one it is but it's very popular and cheap for an egyptian. I smoked and I LOVED IT! It was set up shtty and we used one quick lite. Then forward to january, I walked by this NEW hookah shop(some people mite know about it since i talk about it so much) and the guy who worked there was making a hookah and i never used natural coals before or had an arab set it up for me so I smoked and from there on, I could not stop smoking Fusion, Ed Hardy, and Various Double Apples(usually AF, Nakhla and this one I get from jordan)
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:09 PM
jvminner
Hookah Nut

My friend had a rig imported from Turkey by a friend that was there for something or other. Decided to have a few friends over to try it out and felt like I was hit by a car due to the buzz. Loved it so much I skipped senior prom to take a cheerleader to the local hookah lounge. And BTW the tobacco I smoked the first time had Saddam Housens face on the packaging. If I could find out what brand that was I would flip. Best flavour ever
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:01 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook