Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Stirring the *** - MYA help

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Stirring the *** - MYA help

Ok, this is will probably be a heated thread, but it's now come time that I get a MYA - BUT - I want one of the smaller ones, I don't need a huge towering rig as I've got 4 already & are ordering a KM & MZ shortly.

Reason I want a MYA: I want the ability to say that I've tried one first hand. I plan on doing a full compairsion against all the other brands I have.... I want to know how they really stand up against the others. And.... I want a Pink Hookah (Stop Laughing!)

I've narrowed down my choices to (probably) a MYA QT or a Bambino...

Here's what I am asking for:

Users / Owners of either of those rigs, please tell me honesty how you like/dislike them.

If others have a different small MYA, please state which ones and why the Like/dislike.

IF anybody starts posting things like, "MYA's suck, buy this XXX" - it will be deleted! Also, no "MYA ROCKS" type posts either.
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:00 PM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Stirring the *** - MYA help

I have a bambino and absolutely love it and smoke extremely well. The base is pretty thick and sturdy. I smoke out of it often. The only negative side I see to it is that it is s single hose and can't be upgraded to a two hose. If that isn't a problem I would absolutely say go for the Bambino . I had a QT for a short time and I am way happier with the Bambino and IMO the Bambino looks amazing and def an eye catcher.
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:13 PM
sugacaneshane88
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to sugacaneshane88

i have a qt, its ok, it was great for my first hookah
Old February 14th, 2008, 11:40 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

I have a qt, its a great little hookah, and stable as hell
Old February 14th, 2008, 11:50 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

In my honest opinion, I would advise you to consider one of their taller offerings. I know you're not interested, but from what I can tell, their taller more expensive models are built with much higher quality and will please you more in the long run (ask me how I know). Maybe the Mya Paragon could work? It unscrews into three different pieces (like a Syrian), so I guess you could smoke out of it short one day and tall the next.

I don't have any personal experience with the QT or Bambino. But my friend has a Diva. Which is slightly taller but it's still pretty small. It smokes really good and has lasted him through plenty of abuse. This guy has taken it to all kinds of parties, lent it to friends, and doesn't really take all that good care of it. It still smokes fine and doesn't show any signs of failing in the near future.

If you consider the Diva, my suggestion would be to get a bigger bowl and use a better hose. Oops, I just remembered, you already have a bunch of that stuff lol... You can find both of the Mya's I mentioned over at www.hookah-shisha.com
Old February 15th, 2008, 12:49 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

i use a qt with my friends when i smoke with them, but a decent hookah. For it's size, it's packs a punch. But that's typical for a mya.
Old February 15th, 2008, 01:25 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

1. I have a mya Qt (light blue and the stem as pictured) , http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p.../Crown---L.jpg

2. A mya Ruby red frosted glass http://www.myasaray.com/store/item.a...PARTMENT_ID=49

3. I have owned the acrylic (My stem was a bigger tear drop stem than this one and green instead of pink),
http://www.myasaray.com/store/item.a...PARTMENT_ID=46

4. the orb (in green) , http://www.myasaray.com/store/item.a...PARTMENT_ID=46

5. I have use the red pinnapple shaped glass http://www.myasaray.com/store/item.a...PARTMENT_ID=49

As for you wanting a small mya hookah. I like my QT but i've heard complaint about the glass being thin in areas. My qt is a 1st or 2nd gen qt, so i don't have that issue. It'sd thick all the way around. It smokes great. I would smoke out of the qt and my stargate when I had a lot of people over.

I stopped using my qt because the stargate was a christmas present and I needed to use the stargate to apease my fiance. It's still a good hookah. The qt has again been put on the back burner due to the ruby red frost that was my birthday present this year. The tray is attached by the grommet and bowl, which i think is stupid, but that's the only thing i don't like about the hookah. Other than that. It's a ok in my book. I think i might pull it out tonight. (ps. I do love the QT'S Grommet seal!!!! great!)

As for the Bambino I have used it once, similar to the qt, but I don't really care for the whole hand grenade look. Just me. It works similarly except the purge valve is weird.

All the other hookahs- The acrylic I loved. I used it to death. It was good solid, sturdy hookah that i didn't care if my friends were around it drunk. I would have to watch the bowl, but Its good to not have to worry about the base.

The ruby red - I liek this hookah. I have a couple issues with it though. The grommet is not the best and it doesn't like to stay on the stem. It causes the hookah to not stay tight, or it leans a little. I'll have to adjust it constantly because i'm anal. The stem is nice, it's collapsable, but right now I've clean and cleaned and cleaned it, and it still has green stuff coming out of it when I clean it. (the metal / water combo) and it's annoying. It has good pull, but the water level is a semi pain since you can't actually see dead straight in to the base (it's like a prism and itsa jagged skewed view)

orb- just stay away from. light , cheap, will get knocked over, the hose will bring it down, etc. grommet cheap yaddd yadda. Do not buy pleaseeeeeee ugh. I dont' know why they even bothered making this.

BUT********This one wants to call my house home next -
http://www.myasaray.com/store/item.a...PARTMENT_ID=47

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old February 15th, 2008, 01:59 AM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

Lol! I'm a dude and I bought a pink QT, works fine, except the birdcage that serves as its carrying case is rather delicate. But the same carrying case is also one of its strongest points. You don't have to take it apart at all to put it in its case, and pull it out when you're ready. The top of it is open so you can place a bowl on it fine, we've actually smoked it while it was still in its case. I'd recommend it.

If you want a taller but not too tall rig from mya, I'd suggest the Mya Rose. That thing is my favorite hookah, because its medium sized and easy to set up. And its pretty. It's no KM though....love those damn things...
Old February 15th, 2008, 04:10 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

mya are good.. u should try also the nargilem.. thats the one i plan to get
Old February 15th, 2008, 08:16 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Thanks for all the help guys & gals, I think I'm gonna go with a QT, i like the shape better and it's ability to become a 2 hose if need be. The Bambino just doesn't look right in Pink - LOL, the Aqua version is nice, but I want a PINK one.

HookahMaster, I do normally enjoy taller rigs and have heard the same thing about the MYA's, but really do want to keep it small and under $50 - I'm ordering all 3 of my new rigs/stem from the same vendor and it's already gonne be close to the $200 mark.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook