Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Vortex Bowl

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:54 PM
shlhookah
Hookah Newbie

Default Vortex Bowl

Hi guys, I saw the other day at a hookah shop a vortex bowl, I've heard that it is really good and all that stuff , but...

Do you recomend it? is it worth to spend on it? does it makes a big difference between normal bowls and the vortex?
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Vortex Bowl

Once you are a veteran hookah smoker, you can pretty much get all bowls to smoke similarly, but the vortex is by far in my opinion the best bowl on the market. Well worth the investment.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:05 AM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

It should be right around $10 and yes it is well worth it! I have had my vortex for a few months now and swear by it. I love it.

Just in case you don't know it differs from a regular Egyptian bowl because there is a spire and has holes near the top of it. This keeps all the "juice" from your tobacco in the bowl and not dripping down your stem and into your base.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:31 AM
Mike
Hookah Enthusiast

The vortex is definitely worth it simply because it adds longevity to the flavor, like alan said. I've had mine for about a month and can't see myself going back to the Egyptians any time soon.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:54 AM
Cadrian
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Cadrian

I haven't used my Egyptian since I got my vortex in.... Keeps my stem cleaner and keeps my tobacco wet longer.

Still need to try me out a phunnel though....
Old May 23rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
OttoBro
Hookah Newbie

I've got one on the way and i hope it's as good as you guys say!
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
arguiley<3
Hookah Newbie

It really depends what kind of tobacco you use. Usually vortex is best with wet shisha such as Al fakher. With a dryer brand, such as nakhla, IMO regular bowls are the best.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:14 PM
hookahginger
Hookah Newbie

Vtex bowls are awesome. i think that they take up some space which shisha can fill, but it does make up for it by keeping it wet and lasting longer. i used vtex, now on phunnel bowls. im prob gonna use the vtex bowl right now actually.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:27 PM
HSK Locals
Hookah Pro

the vortex is the best bowl on the market i have both a phunnel and a vortex, the vortex wipes the floor with the phunnel and its cheaper too
Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:28 PM
HSK Locals
Hookah Pro

And just wondering if i am the only one out there that is interested in seeing a phunnel - vortex hybrid... i made one once out of tin, it worked damn good
Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:48 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSK Locals View Post
And just wondering if i am the only one out there that is interested in seeing a phunnel - vortex hybrid... i made one once out of tin, it worked damn good
How would this work, isn't vortex already a mod of a funnel?

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old May 24th, 2010, 04:22 AM
xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via MSN to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via Skype™ to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Once you are a veteran hookah smoker, you can pretty much get all bowls to smoke similarly, but the vortex is by far in my opinion the best bowl on the market. Well worth the investment.
+1 hahah Nick, we're too much alike man. Why is it everytime I go to post something, you've beat me to it?! DAMN YOU!!! lol.

KM 34" Single Pear | KM 32" Halzone | KM 30" Carnaval
Old May 24th, 2010, 04:24 AM
xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via MSN to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via Skype™ to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguiley<3 View Post
It really depends what kind of tobacco you use. Usually vortex is best with wet shisha such as Al fakher. With a dryer brand, such as nakhla, IMO regular bowls are the best.
I tend to use my Vortex for almost nothing but Nakhla and each bowl lasts about 2 hours. IMO it's all in the packing man.

KM 34" Single Pear | KM 32" Halzone | KM 30" Carnaval
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:16 PM
robertjrn
Hookah Nut

the problem with the vortex is you feel guilty about how much tobacco your wasting.. if you ever have a shisha by yourself or with one other its probably wiser using a small bowl.... also the vortex needs alot of heat all the time so you need to be quite genenous with the coals. Long sessions though there great.. also worth noting it stops the juice dirtying your sheesh-mageesh
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:32 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

I'd say that choosing a bowl varies a lot depending on what tobacco you're using. Like Nick said, if you've been smoking for a while you can get most bowl to smoke similarly so you should consider how much tobacco you want to use and what type of tobacco. For wetter brands like Starbuzz, Social Smoke, Fantasia etc etc its almost always better to use a vortex/funnel bowl. With tobacco like Nakhla I prefer to use a standard Egyptian bowl, although many people like to use a funnel for these tobaccos as well. There are many different opinions on this so the best advice I think is to buy one and try it out. The vortex is defiantly a good starter for the "juice saver" bowls.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:23 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

ive smoked for almost 3 years, packing my own for 2, a deep egyptian bowl is alright but a vortex is great.

i loosely fill it with nakhla pretty much up to the rim then pack it down a little bit and clear off the holes. this has given me the best smoke out of all the bowls, uses a bit more than an egyptian bowl this way but a good amount less than the small phunnel

its my go to bowl, you just might want to get more than one cause they like to jump out of your hands and onto the floor (ive broken 2 and i think its cause how smooth the glaze is compared to the egyptians have at least a non smooth texture)

-matt
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Nat-Attack03
Hookah Newbie

My friends and I used to use a vortex bowl before we broke it but it seems to make the bowl last longer than just a regular bowl!
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:33 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat-Attack03 View Post
My friends and I used to use a vortex bowl before we broke it but it seems to make the bowl last longer than just a regular bowl!
it really depends how you smoke it, honestly i never can get more than one round of nat coals out of a bowl unless it is tangiers, maybe if i over pack but i dont like how it changed the flavor really. i do smoke it to the top end of the range it can be smoked to get stronger flavor and smoke, if you smoke it with less heat and are ok with light flavor and light smoke you can easily stretch it out
-matt
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:33 PM
eradikater
Hookah Nut

I loved my vortex!!! Until I dropped it
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:03 PM
texashookah91
Hookah Nut

Vortex is a good bowl but almost a disposable because it is so fragile and difficult to clean. I think the tangiers(alien) phunnel bowl give the best smoke, and is the most durable bowl. It may cost eight dollars more than a vortex, but I feel it is significantly better.
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:05 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashookah91 View Post
Vortex is a good bowl but almost a disposable because it is so fragile and difficult to clean. I think the tangiers(alien) phunnel bowl give the best smoke, and is the most durable bowl. It may cost eight dollars more than a vortex, but I feel it is significantly better.
harder to clean? i leave my bowls packed when im done and i dont have much of a hard time cleaning them. the holes dont seem to get clogged that bad if you pack it right and scotch brite gets everything off

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook