Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How do you pack starbuzz in a egyptian bowl?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 30th, 2010, 06:25 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

Default How do you pack starbuzz in a egyptian bowl?

that is the question i ask.

I use al fakher with my two egyptian bowls and find the cut is smaller and easier to fill up the bowl while having good air flow. cause the starbuzz is thicker and longer it seems to have limite air flow,

Im making shisha the same i would with al fakher, and its not working.

I use mera quick lights. they are good coals i have smoked shisha with them for years and they do the job with al fakher. not like ur average quick lights these are actually high quality. Ive had no luck with using quick lights on starbuzz.. i find it gets very harsh in the egyptian bowl... so i was thinking of just using a vortex bowl, but i dont see how that will work cause the starbuzz isnt as wet as al fakher..

hmmm
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:13 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: How do you pack starbuzz in a egyptian bowl?

Hmmm... what kind of SB and how many coals are you using?

Starbuzz should be very wet. If the stuff you have is considerably dry that may be part of the problem. It could be old.

If that is not the case I would suggest trying out a second layer of foil or reduce the coals a bit.

To answer the actual question I usually just pack it loose like most other modern tobaccos. Low enough so it's not touching the foil and loose enough so that it has good airflow.
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Party_Clown
Hookah Nut

Yeah Starbuzz should be pretty wet, at least all mine have been like that for a very long while. To add to your question I use my vortex bowl with Starbuzz all the time with 2 golden quick lights and it works very well.
Old May 30th, 2010, 11:18 PM
trptguy007
Hookah Nut

i basically just drop pinches of it into the bowl (i use an Egyptian) and use 2 layers of regular foil, not HD. i find its a little thicker than 1 hd layer, but thinner than 2. have had much better success with coconaras than with QL's with starbuzz.
Old May 30th, 2010, 11:27 PM
sin2001
Hookah Nut

I have found that in the egyptian bowl I will pack it in with a little bit of a pack and then layer with 2 sheets foil and 2 coals, when punching holes I go very deep to allow airflow it has worked great with me.

I want to know what starbuzz is not to wet because for me its soaked.
Old May 30th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Ble3dth3freak
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin2001 View Post
I have found that in the egyptian bowl I will pack it in with a little bit of a pack and then layer with 2 sheets foil and 2 coals, when punching holes I go very deep to allow airflow it has worked great with me.

I recently got a 250 of blue mist and I gotta say it was rather dry. Dry as in no juices whatsoever but it still smoked well
Old May 31st, 2010, 12:42 AM
Elco
Hookah Nut

well I smoked the blue mist with the free hookah I got from Hookah-shisha.com and I got amazing flavour. I just packed it like I normally pack my bowl. Loosly. I also use just half a 40mm belgian QL and no cover. I got great taste and good clouds.
Old June 1st, 2010, 04:02 AM
Geolas
Hookah Newbie

loose up to 1/8" to the top.
2 sheets of foil (not HD)
2 coconaras (standing up)

i use a marshmellow fork that came with this indoors smores maker. And make a 2 rings (8 holes per ring) and a hole in the middle. This always works great for me. The coals are placed on the outer edges.

The fork doesnt make holes, but slits instead. i like it, because it prevents ash from getting in better then using a toothpick. But needle works pretty damn good too
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:05 AM
omar1
Hookah Pro

Im going to try this, once i ordered some coconaras
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:18 AM
Geolas
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin2001 View Post

Making the holes with the foil, can make your punctures to big, that leads to harder heat management.

Remember, you need oxygen + fire for things to burn. Making to many holes or to big holes will allow easier access for oxygen to go in. Smaller holes, means its harder for oxygen to pass through unless your pulling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1 View Post

that is the question i ask.

I use al fakher with my two egyptian bowls and find the cut is smaller and easier to fill up the bowl while having good air flow. cause the starbuzz is thicker and longer it seems to have limite air flow,

Im making shisha the same i would with al fakher, and its not working.

I use mera quick lights. they are good coals i have smoked shisha with them for years and they do the job with al fakher. not like ur average quick lights these are actually high quality. Ive had no luck with using quick lights on starbuzz.. i find it gets very harsh in the egyptian bowl... so i was thinking of just using a vortex bowl, but i dont see how that will work cause the starbuzz isnt as wet as al fakher..

hmmm
For the limited air flow, like the above quote, make air channels. Simply take your poker, and stick it through the tobacco to an opening, after you get thru move it in circles so you can make a channel for the air. I suggest making 2-3 channels. Then place the foil and chose

My experience with starbuzz varies with flavors and how juicy/wet the tobacco is. Obviously, the dryer the easier it is to get burn. Also in my experience, 40mm 3K QL always burn. They are just to big for the bowl, atleast for mine. Remember you want to smoulder the shisha not burn it.

Last edited by Geolas; June 1st, 2010 at 07:25 AM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook