Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Personal Hookah Enjoyment

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 31st, 2010, 10:24 PM
ShishaMist
Hookah Newbie

Red face Personal Hookah Enjoyment

Hey Guys! Here's another one for ya! Which hookah type/size, bowl, and hose would you use just for your own personal awesome hookah experience? I only have one hookah that i got a few years ago but, i think its kinda big for just me.I feel that larger hookahs are better for maybe 3 people or more. Does the size have an effect on the taste and clouds? If so, I would hope to find a hookah type/size, bowl, and hose that would maximize those things (particularly the sweetness). Cheers Everybody!
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:28 PM
MGHookah
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Personal Hookah Enjoyment

The hookah size I dont think matters, Ive smoked big hookahs, but my mini MYAs produce the same exact clouds, but definately get a nammor hose, and phunnel bowl, because the phunnel bowl keeps the juices in and it keeps the flavor going much longer
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:28 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

I love my 32" KM. It seems to be the perfect size for me! Everything else depends on the tobacco. For Nakhla its a vortex bowl, for SS its is my alien, for everything else it is one of those or an Egyptian. I like my Narb if I am not going to smoke this flavor all the time but I love my KM hoses if I am going to come back to this flavor very often. I would love to try some other brands of hookah when I get some $.
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:03 PM
Elco
Hookah Nut

Well I have a Aladin rig, phunnel bowl. Everything works correctly no matter what shisha I take. But my future rig will be the KM Anubis with a Nammor hose and a vortex bowl. Now all I need is money
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:22 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

I smoke my 22" solo all the time and am fixing to order a 36" AF and will still smoke solo out of it. Height of the hookah really doesn't matter in a big way. Smoke what you like. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:32 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

I always use my 32'' KM and Egyptian-style bowls.
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:36 AM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

I love my 26" Temsah over my KM. Egyptian Bowls are my preference.
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:03 AM
Geolas
Hookah Newbie

I dont think size of the hookah matter. But size of the bowl.
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:41 AM
ShishaMist
Hookah Newbie

Thanks guys. I was always under the impression that it would take a longer time to get smoke with a bigger hookah, therefore resulting in lighter smoke clouds.
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:47 PM
Robbo873
Hookah Nut

mya qt hookah,factory hose. vortex bowl, ice in vase=mega clouds. ;@)
Old June 4th, 2010, 05:40 AM
shak2ruff
Hookah Nut

aladdin all the way! your garunted a perfect fit! the welds are spot on! and the smoke is mean! dont get into the mya and KMs to much money and the quality of craftsmanship isnt there on the average priced ones!
Old June 4th, 2010, 07:55 AM
rvd09
Hookah Newbie

MGHookah, you use the same set-up I do.

Mya QT, Nammor hose, Phunnel bowl ... Works perfectly!
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:47 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

I almost always smoke from taller hookahs. There are a number of reasons people select large hookahs over small ones. Though the major differences probably will be moot unless you're something of a hookah aficionado. The size of the clouds themselves shouldn't be affected, though the flavor and experience could.

Here's a few of the reasons. I'm sure people have others.

- Traditionally, a hookah always goes on the ground. The height allows you to make adjustments to the coals without needing to move too much in your chair.

- Metal absorbs heat and helps cool the smoke before even getting to the water. A taller stem will have more metal spread over a larger area, and therefore more opportunity to absorb the heat, producing smoother smoke. Though there are ways to achieve the same results from a smaller hookah--such as loading the base with ice.

- Smaller hookahs usually require the water level to be closer to the stem's hub. It becomes more likely to pull some water into your hose, which can produce a strange vibration when smoking. But more importantly, if you don't have a washable hose, it will create rust and ruin your hose a lot more quickly.

- Smaller hookahs, such as Mya Hookahs, usually have "common chambers", unlike most larger hookahs which have "split chambers". This makes purging harsh smoke from your base nearly impossible without additional modifications.

- On the other hand, however, smaller hookahs are easier to travel with, store and clean. This is a major contributing lifestyle factor and a big part of the reason I have a couple of smaller hookahs myself.

The size of the hookah itself has little to do with how many people can or should be using it. One hose is one hose. The size of the hookah has everything to do with your life style and what is most important to you in your smoke session.
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:43 PM
lastinterface
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to lastinterface

As for the hookah itself, and the hose, i wouldn't know enough to give you an in depth answer, but there are many more people for that, i will, however, tell you about what to use for your bowl. The vortex bowls are up and coming. I just bought one today, packed it pretty loosely, and had beautiful smoke, both thick and quite flavorful, for an hour. only to find out later that only one of my coals was working. needless to say, i was quite dismayed. only one coal? i used about a 1/4 of the shisha i put in. properly lit, the vortex bowl is the best thing you could possible put on the top of your hookah.
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Mike
Hookah Enthusiast

I don't think the size of the hookah matters too much, but definitely get yourself a washable hose (I recommend Nammor), and I stand firmly behind Vortex bowls to preserve flavor. A Phunnel bowl works much the same as the Vortex. Then all you gotta do is find the shisha that works for you.
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:47 PM
SoWz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
I almost always smoke from taller hookahs. There are a number of reasons people select large hookahs over small ones. Though the major differences probably will be moot unless you're something of a hookah aficionado. The size of the clouds themselves shouldn't be affected, though the flavor and experience could.

Here's a few of the reasons. I'm sure people have others.

- Traditionally, a hookah always goes on the ground. The height allows you to make adjustments to the coals without needing to move too much in your chair.

- Metal absorbs heat and helps cool the smoke before even getting to the water. A taller stem will have more metal spread over a larger area, and therefore more opportunity to absorb the heat, producing smoother smoke. Though there are ways to achieve the same results from a smaller hookah--such as loading the base with ice.

- Smaller hookahs usually require the water level to be closer to the stem's hub. It becomes more likely to pull some water into your hose, which can produce a strange vibration when smoking. But more importantly, if you don't have a washable hose, it will create rust and ruin your hose a lot more quickly.

- Smaller hookahs, such as Mya Hookahs, usually have "common chambers", unlike most larger hookahs which have "split chambers". This makes purging harsh smoke from your base nearly impossible without additional modifications.

- On the other hand, however, smaller hookahs are easier to travel with, store and clean. This is a major contributing lifestyle factor and a big part of the reason I have a couple of smaller hookahs myself.

The size of the hookah itself has little to do with how many people can or should be using it. One hose is one hose. The size of the hookah has everything to do with your life style and what is most important to you in your smoke session.
I didn't know some of these points! But definitely into larger hookahs (assuming I'm not traveling) just for the looks and overall feel it gives to the environment. I only smoke with friends / groups of people, so its nice to have a crowd pleaser.
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:47 PM
wolfeflow
Hookah Newbie

I use a Vortex bowl from Sahara Smoke and a medium-sized blue vase hookah from them as well. Though the hookah is two years old, so I'm switching out, the smoke still envelops you head and makes for great pictures.
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:02 AM
hubertee2004
Banned

My Double Apple Only 32" KM Carnival with an Egyptian Head or else I use my flavour KM Carnival with a Phunnel bowl when the tobacco is wet enuf.
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:08 AM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

if youre looking for a small hookah id suggest what MGHookah uses, mya qt, vortex bowl, and nammor hose.
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:25 AM
sharpy_77
Hookah Nut

Gots to say, I smoke my 22" chinese hookah by myself, usually with a lightly packed vortex bowl.. I save the 2 hose 38" syrian for when the girlfriends over.

sm0ke Ez
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook