Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First buy choices choices :)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old June 1st, 2010, 03:24 AM
Hookah Nut
Default First buy choices choices :)

Hi guys im new so lemme start by introducing myself im Nur a 20 yr old uni undergrad and like most of you I love Hookah so I have decided to buy one for personal use at home

Basically after reading about a bit I know that I want to buy a KM, however I require some help interms of which one to buy because there are so many choices.

The ones I really like are:

Km world cup trophy 32"
Km tri metal 32"
Km double pear 38"
Km Black pear 30"
Km Exotica 39"

All of these are in my price range at a reasonable 60-80 pounds, they all look very nice and from what Ive read have easy draws and large clouds.
So my request which one do you think I should go for and why If there are better ones available in my price range please let me know Thank you. Also which websites would be best to purchase from so far I have looked at 2.

(Apologies if link posting isnt allowed)

Standard one that comes with shisha +
Nammour/Razan Washable

Thanks for reading and helping, if there are any tips or extra help interms of what flavors are good that would be most welcome too
Old June 1st, 2010, 04:42 AM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: First buy choices choices :)

Hi, first of all, welcome to HookahPro!

I assume you live in the UK, as you speak in Pounds?
Then it's better to order from a webshop in the EU, not in the US, as the shipping costs are expensive, but I see you looked on some UK websites, so that's ok.

I hear KM's are the best hookahs around, some ppl will disagree with me, but most of them say so. I think you should go for the KM that's the most beautiful for you.
Personally, I don't like the pear KM's, so I wouldn't buy one, but maybe you like the pear, and you should buy it then.
I like the trimetal, and the exotica the most. But, if you ask it here, every member will give different awnsers, so it's better to think about it yourself and buy the one which is the most beautiful for you.

I got a good website for you: www.shisha-net.de. It's a German website. I am going to order my KM there too. They got some nice models, also the exotica, trimetal, and some more! Their price range is from 42-55 pounds (€50-65).

And, it's a German website, so coals are very cheap on there compared to UK websites. On www.hookahshop.co.uk, you can buy 1kg of cocobrico coals for 3,49 pounds. On the german website, you can buy 3kg for 5,08 pounds! They sell a lot of coals you can also buy on UK websites, only cheaper.

The only downsite is they don't sell vortex bowls, only cheap chinese brand vortexes. So if you really want a vortex you should order on a UK webshop who sells them, or make an order for a vortex bowl and an order for your KM.
The best hookah bowls around are the Phunnel bowls and Vortex bowls.

For the hoses, Nammor/Razan hoses have a very tight pull, just as a KM hose which you'll get when you buy a KM. But the Nammor/Razan hoses are washable, and the KM hose is not washable. You can wash the KM hose, but the host can rust, and if that happens you can throw it away.
It doesn't mean a KM hose sucks, you can just blow all the smoke out of the hose after each session, and you won't taste ghosted flavours each time you smoke.

As for the tobacco, in Europe it is much harder to get some nice tobacco compared to the US. Nakhla and Al Fakher are probably the only nice brands you can get in the UK, it are very good brands. For the flavours, everyone got his own favourite flavours. I like Al Fakher Double Apple, Nakhla Mandarin, Nakhla Peach the most, that are my favourites.

I hope I helped you with this. If you have any questions feel free to ask
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:22 AM
Hookah Nut

Welcome to HookahPro.. It's nice to have you in the community.

There is really nothing else to say.. nice going Blaat. I fully agree. The design is a personal taste. Nobody can tell you which one you should take.. its all up to you.
As for not buying anything from america? I do. Just no more tabacco (for the risk that the customagents take it and destroy it). But hookah equips are no problem. Blaat is correct about the costs to ship items. I just ordered a Nammor hose from hookah-shisha.com. There service is excelent. It's just if you think its worth it. I know the German site sell Nammor but considering Nammor is made by Hookah-Shisha I don't want to take the risk that I buy a knock-off.

General point of this thread is that it is up to you. Whatch reviews and make your descision out of it.
Keep the smoke flowing
Old June 1st, 2010, 01:02 PM
Hookah Nut

Thx for the welcome guys, yes I live in the uk n Thx for the detailed reply, personally I think its between the tri metal and world cup trophy. I like the Exotica but I think its a bit too big, I might end up buying both the main concern is performance not appearance because both are very nice looking. Or is the performance the same on the large km's, if so then it all comes down to appearance in which case i go with the tri metal

Ye i have had a look at the german website it looks good but im not sure if its legit no way to check reviews i guess, I want to buy from a reputable retailer preferably one that is reasonable. I will check out hooka-shisha.com and see how much extra i have to pay due to shipping if its not much i might just go with it to avoid buying knock offs. I will probably have to buy the flavors from England, there are some good shops/cafes near me who sell in bulk at reasonable prices.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook