Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Bad exoticas

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 17th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

Default Bad exoticas

well i got me a bad batch of exoticas, they arrived and smells like mildew, had white spots all over them. I took them into work and looked at them under a microscope and what did i find mildew growing on them. So just by having this one box wasted i am done with this coal, just wish MN still stocked nour coals. Before anyone blames the shipment to me being the culprit, it took 3 days and for it to grow mildew and when it arrived to be bone dry, means there was a problem way before. Not blaming any particular person, just puts me off buying them again.
Old February 17th, 2008, 06:45 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Bad exoticas

There have been bad batches of exoticas, just use da search engine and you'll find out everything about them.

Maybe you should contact Gabe, the owner of the actual company. I'm sure he can give you a replacement, but I dunno if you will have to pay money still or not.
Old February 17th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

oh, i know all the problems with them, jsut do not want to dela with it, just rather go back to my old coals i used or try coconara
Old February 17th, 2008, 07:02 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

their honestly great coals but theres always this gamble with ordering them. you might get exoticas that are good or you might get ones with some problems, or you might just a box with only the top layer thats bad, or you might just get a box with mildew on em.
Old February 17th, 2008, 07:30 PM
bigguy
Hookah Nut

Sound like a gamble with this coals. Thanks for letting me know about this as I am still new to all of this stuff.
Old February 17th, 2008, 07:40 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

If you don't wanna gamble around with these coals, get them from the actual maker. Gabe will have the good coals, no matter what. If you get them from him, it'll be a guarantee that you will get good coals. There are still bad cases out there and their with some vendors and stuff.

Don't give up on these coals, they are quite good

After switching from crappy Nours, these are great
Old February 17th, 2008, 07:43 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

I don't see what the big deal is I mean yeh those have mildew there is a problem. However, when people complain because their coals splinter or give off a scent when being lit big deal. I will always buy these coals just due to the fact that put out a nice heat and make my hookah rock. Did you try lighting them still? Cook off the mildew 8)
Old February 17th, 2008, 07:46 PM
bigguy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding
If you don't wanna gamble around with these coals, get them from the actual maker. Gabe will have the good coals, no matter what. If you get them from him, it'll be a guarantee that you will get good coals. There are still bad cases out there and their with some vendors and stuff.
Being I am new to all of this how would a person get in touch with Gabe? Thanks

Bigguy
Old February 17th, 2008, 08:07 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy
Quote:

Being I am new to all of this how would a person get in touch with Gabe? Thanks

Bigguy
http://exoticimportsusa.com/
that's his website, you can probably get in contact with him from there
Old February 17th, 2008, 08:10 PM
bigguy
Hookah Nut

Thank you for the link.

Bigguy
Old February 17th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

We should be sending them back to vendors? Or something ... maybe the vendors should take a quick look at their current supply to be assured that they are not a bad batch?

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:34 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
We should be sending them back to vendors? Or something ... maybe the vendors should take a quick look at their current supply to be assured that they are not a bad batch?
Hehe I would've suggested that but from my knowledge, most of them don't take it back! I've seen people trying to return bad boxes from H-S and they just say "that's how they're supposed to be" and they don't replace 'em. I guess vendors have been giving many replacements in the past and they've lost too much money to do it anymore.
Old February 17th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

personally i heard from a big player in the hookah industry that they were trash pretty early and i never bought any of them...

good thing it seems like because its horror story one after the next.
Old February 17th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've been using exoticas for about 6 or 7 or so months now and i've never had a problem with them. Frankly they are best coals I've ever used and the quality control has been very consistent even though i've gotten them from a lot of different suppliers.

Still, they apparently got a container full of water damaged coals and I don't believe for a moment that they were not insured so there is no reason why they shouldn't have thrown out the who shipment and simply waited for a new one. Sending out stuff they new might be bad is simply stupid business.
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:36 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

Default THERE ARE NO MORE BAD EXOTICAS

Hey GUYS...

There are no more bad Exoticas in the market and there have not been any for almost 2 months. There were only 60 cases of 12 that were bad 3 months ago and that was 3 months ago. We check the stock daily and test the coals daily to check quality and we are 100% sure that nothing has left our warehouses that were bad over 2 months. we have not encountered not even one bad coal. There have been 3 shipments after the bad shipment and we assure there is nothing wrong. We have made packaging changes in the coming month so that will prove that there is nothing bad about Exoticas. I appreciate everyone here.

One again, there are NO more Exotica bad batches. We have pics of 1000 cases of Exotica stored away which was the rest of the damaged container. Us, unlike other coal companies, pulled off the complete container once we found out that some of the boxes were bad. Exoticas are perfect and back to the way it was before. Starting March, Exoticas will be better than ever as we have improved what is already the best.

PS. WHITE SPOTS ARE NORMAL. THEY ARE NOT MILDEW, THEY ARE NOT WATER STAINS, THEY ARE THE NATURAL ELEMENTS TO KEEP THE COALS TOGETHER. IF YOU SEE WHITE SPOTS, DONT ASSUME WHAT WAS LIED TO YOU BY HF, IT IS NORMAL!! JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO MENTION THAT AS FACTS ARE IMPORTANT AND HEARSAY IS NOT TRUE....

Thank you

Gabriel
EXOTIC IMPORTS USA

**Edited to remove irrelevant issues**
Old February 18th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Default Re: THERE ARE NO MORE BAD EXOTICAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticImports
Hey GUYS...

There are no more bad Exoticas in the market and there have not been any for almost 2 months. There were only 60 cases of 12 that were bad 3 months ago and that was 3 months ago. We check the stock daily and test the coals daily to check quality and we are 100% sure that nothing has left our warehouses that were bad over 2 months. we have not encountered not even one bad coal. There have been 3 shipments after the bad shipment and we assure there is nothing wrong. We have made packaging changes in the coming month so that will prove that there is nothing bad about Exoticas. Hookah Pro management is the best and real. I appreciate everyone here. [
[/b]
One again, there are NO more Exotica bad batches. We have pics of 1000 cases of Exotica stored away which was the rest of the damaged container. Us, unlike other coal companies, pulled off the complete container once we found out that some of the boxes were bad. Exoticas are perfect and back to the way it was before. Starting March, Exoticas will be better than ever as we have improved what is already the best.

PS. WHITE SPOTS ARE NORMAL. THEY ARE NOT MILDEW, THEY ARE NOT WATER STAINS, THEY ARE THE NATURAL ELEMENTS TO KEEP THE COALS TOGETHER. IF YOU SEE WHITE SPOTS, DONT ASSUME WHAT WAS LIED TO YOU BY HF, IT IS NORMAL!! JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO MENTION THAT AS FACTS ARE IMPORTANT AND HEARSAY IS NOT TRUE....

Thank you

Gabriel
EXOTIC IMPORTS USA
lol. are you serious? you think people are out to get you and your business and send in spies?

if stores near me carried your coals and i didn't hear bad stories id pick them up. but if people post bad stories recently and even post pictures? ...come on lol

maybe its the wholesalers that send out bad coals that they've kept, i mean if you say everything new is checked and shit and people post stories, they are out to ruin you?
Old February 18th, 2008, 01:09 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticImports
Hey GUYS...

There are no more bad Exoticas in the market and there have not been any for almost 2 months. There were only 60 cases of 12 that were bad 3 months ago and that was 3 months ago. We check the stock daily and test the coals daily to check quality and we are 100% sure that nothing has left our warehouses that were bad over 2 months. we have not encountered not even one bad coal. There have been 3 shipments after the bad shipment and we assure there is nothing wrong. We have made packaging changes in the coming month so that will prove that there is nothing bad about Exoticas. I appreciate everyone here.

Thank you

Gabriel
EXOTIC IMPORTS USA
Don't sweat it Gabe. Now, it isn't really a big of a deal bc you did EVERYTHING you could to fix the prob. It aint your fault that some vendors didn't return or tell you about some bad coals that they received.

Your coals are great, if not, probably the best ones I've ever tried. I've tried crappy nours, starlights, and Rolland natural coals (my 2nd fav). Some people are overly exaggerating the prob and making it bigger than it already is. (and this doesn't pertain to the poster lol I'd posting up too if I got bad coals and wanted to talk about it)

BTW I agree with your view about this community. Everyone here and the mods are really chill and laid back and they don't start drama. I really like the fact you can post about everything (to an extent of course) and not feel like your gonna get the ban hammer every time lol
Old February 18th, 2008, 01:40 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
I really like the fact you can post about everything (to an extent of course) and not feel like your gonna get the ban hammer every time lol
amen to that! ive angered sammn before about funnel bowls, i also angered J&R hookahs before, and guess what, im still here. that says alot. were all friends here, we may disagree or may have some upsets, but our relationship is good here.
Old February 18th, 2008, 02:09 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

Old February 18th, 2008, 02:27 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra
Quote:
I really like the fact you can post about everything (to an extent of course) and not feel like your gonna get the ban hammer every time lol
amen to that! ive angered sammn before about funnel bowls, i also angered J&R hookahs before, and guess what, im still here. that says alot. were all friends here, we may disagree or may have some upsets, but our relationship is good here.
Hehe exactly! its awesome how the mods contact you first if you accidently posted in the wrong forum or something of that matter and you don't get automatically banned.

"EDITED BY ME"

Pssh if I had known about this community at that time, it would've made things a whole lot easier lol.

EDIT: I edited this post cuz I didn't wanna start any drama with other forums. Sorry for that everyone.
Old February 18th, 2008, 02:52 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra
Quote:
Hehe exactly! its awesome how the mods contact you first if you accidently posted in the wrong forum or something of that matter and you don't get automatically banned.

Mush banned me one time just because I made a post in the wrong thread without any warning whatsoever. No message no nothing and I was banned for the whole weekend and I needed to make a thread cuz I needed help with Tangiers...

Pssh if I had known about this community at that time, it would've made things a whole lot easier lol.
I completely agree with this and I also like how the management here, is way better! Now about the coals, I don't know what to say. I mean, I had a free sample box and everything went fine. They were good clean burning coals and they provided me with great sessions . It's weird that horror stories keep popping up every once in a while. This makes me hesitant to buy a box. I would buy a box simply because they're about half the price of a box of Golden Coals. For the same price of 1 box of Golden Coals I could purchase two boxes of Exotica's. But I'm really hesitant, as I don't want to have the possibility of two boxes of bad coals laying around. I think I'll wait a little longer before I purchase a box of Exotica's. For now Golden Coals will have to do. They get the job done just as good as Exoticas so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens...
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:15 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I've purchased two boxes from hookahcompany and I have no probs. I've gotten them from diff online stores as well and I haven't had any probs with them at all. Sure, they smell weird when you light them up and they crack, but they work well.
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

A couple of things -

a) A lot of people here know about the conflict between mush, my friends and myself and we all know that he has treated many people here with contempt but I feel we should do our best those conflicts out of the forum.
b) The folks that run HP are very easy going and have given us a great resource so lets try and keep it as free from malice and ill will for everyone as we can.

As to exotica i've stated my support for the product they make and I intend to keep on buying them. Still, lots of reports are floating around (no i'm not talking about the other place) of people getting molded exoticas and while some may be wrong/dishonest it seems reasonable that some are not. My guess is that the container that was leaking might have more cases damaged then anyone thought at the time so I suppose it's possible that some bad boxes are still floating around.

We should note that simply because a coal splits or ashes more then we like such minor mishaps are an indication of a bad coal as has been implied by some. In the end we all should use what works best for us and not presume the worst.
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:29 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

Question:
How can a container that has 1060 cases and only 60 distributed and 1000 in storage being held back until insurance company can come and pick up have more coals on the market. I dont get it. 1060 ases - 60 cases = 1000 cases. Just the exact amount of coals we have stored and claimed with the shipping company. We have 3 warehouses. 1 of which only has the exotica bads and the others are fully operating. So when people are stating bad, it is not bad, it is just something they think it is bad, like white spots, or it breaks. That is why we have redesigned the boxes starting next month to show people what is up. The new boxes will have small hanges to the outside of the boxes which will be released to you guys later. I am going to send samples to Sambooka and he can announce the changes and exetra....

I am not here to screw people about a case of bad coals and exetra. Remember, I was the one who publicly announced the bad coals and posted pics at a few places of what I mean is bad. Since that bad incident, we have had 3 containers and all sold with no problems and the next one coming is different and we also have made the coals stronger and will not crack.. Hope this answers everything...

Also regarding HookahPro, yes, everyone here is cool. I can actually talk and express myself unlike other sites where they block me when i say the facts. All they want is freefreefree and I wish I can do that but if I did that, why am I even in business. We do what is right. We take care of our customers. We post updates and let you know if there is something wrong. We will also update you on new products coming soon and give out samples but we can not have people telling us old news from 3 months ago and expect us to be like ok...... It is impossible to have bad stuff on the market, especially with all the quality control we have set up now. Thank you

Gabriel
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

Well, I am one who kept buying exoticas even after a lot of people bashed them. But to be honest this last box has really put me off. I can tell the difff from mildew smell, and actually seeing it than what the binder is, I am not a complete idiot. To be honest to tell me that they are not bad is very funny, how can you know?? Yes you might have a quality control and check random boxes, but maybe some vendors still have old supplies which they should not have i guess. Also here is some advice, if you check every box now which is great why not stamp them, this way you can prove it is not your fault for bad coals, maybe stamp them with a logo and a date. Like I said I am not trying to bash, was just an FYI. I still have 1 box off good ones left and will use them until I run out.

Here are pics of my good and bad boxes, I will let everyone be the judge

[URL=http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0275qv8.jpg]
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook