Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Bad exoticas

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 18th, 2008, 05:41 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Bad exoticas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dux
Well, I am one who kept buying exoticas even after a lot of people bashed them. But to be honest this last box has really put me off. I can tell the difff from mildew smell, and actually seeing it than what the binder is, I am not a complete idiot. To be honest to tell me that they are not bad is very funny, how can you know?? Yes you might have a quality control and check random boxes, but maybe some vendors still have old supplies which they should not have i guess. Also here is some advice, if you check every box now which is great why not stamp them, this way you can prove it is not your fault for bad coals, maybe stamp them with a logo and a date. Like I said I am not trying to bash, was just an FYI. I still have 1 box off good ones left and will use them until I run out.

Here are pics of my good and bad boxes, I will let everyone be the judge

[URL=http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0275qv8.jpg]
Test them out. Just try to rub off all that white stuff. Then light up those coals and try to smoke with them. If they smoke good and no probs, then everything should be okay.
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

It should also be noted that Frank Dux is Oggie505 at HF. While he has been a member for less than 7 months here he has a whopping 15 posts and 3 of those posts are in this thread. You might want to check to see how many posts he's made there in the last 7 months compared to here. Just a thought.
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:27 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

That is normal. Oh boy, first of all, how do you know what mildew tastes like. Second of all, how can mildew form on dry coals. How can mildew form on coals when the box is dry and no sign of water. JUST PROVES THAT IT IS NOT. That is the the natural glue to substance that keeps the coals together. Mr Oggie505 on hookahforum.
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

Gabe, then why are the two pics of coals completely different?? more glue on one than the other. You are right my name is oggie on the other forums, big deal?
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

Debate all you like but there appears to be a number of bad coals.

Oggie/Frank is a very well educated gentlement and if he says that's mildew then i'll willing to take that on his word.

Old February 18th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_DeNightshade
I for one am getting sick of seeing HF bashing around here. Most threads I read have some kind of underhand comment.

Gabe is well aware of the reasons he was asked to leave HF. Other's also. Debate all you like but there appears to be a number of bad coals.

Oggie/Frank is a very well educated gentlement and if he says that's mildew then i'll willing to take that on his word.

It's such a shame that a thread about bad coal has so much anti-hf rhetoric inside. Once again I find myself being truly disappointed.

I also notice that quite a few of the 'I hate HF and mushrat' seem happy to post there. Odd stuff.

JD - Disappointed
Come on man! HF name is edited out of posts here to avoid conflict, yet bashing Hookah Pro is encouraged at HF. Hmmm
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:05 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

SOME COALS HAVE MORE WHITE STUFF THAN OTHERS. MEANINGLESS. I CAN SEND YOU PICS OF ME SMOKING COOKING WITH THAT ANYDAY. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU COME UP WITH MILDEW. STRANGE. ANYHOW, THAT IS JUST THE BINDER. KEEP IT FOR A FEW DAYS AND WATCH. IF ITS MILDEW, THAT SHALL INCREASE. IF IT IS WHAT I SAY IT IS, NOTHIN WILL CHANGE ON THE WAY IT LOOKS FOREVER.... I AM THE COAL EXPERT, DO YOU ACTUALLY THINIK I WILL LET U SMOKE MILDEW? WHY, TO SAVE A FEW DOLLARS AND JEPERDIZE YOURS? AM I STUPID? DUDE, TRUST ME, THAT IS NORMAL!

Old February 18th, 2008, 08:06 AM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

Can't we all just get along?

/root
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Test them out. Just try to rub off all that white stuff. Then light up those coals and try to smoke with them. If they smoke good and no probs, then everything should be okay.
I did smoke 2 sticks worth, first time i just lit it up and figured it was just an oder, horrible taste in the coals and smelled bad, then I used another stick and brushed the white off, still the same and got sick after it this time. Now as one can see the other box has the normal little silver specks which I know are fine.

To gabe, do not get defensive. I did not say this is your fault all I stated is I got a bad box, whether it be from shipment from processor to distributor, or distributor to vendor. I can rule out the shipment to me because out of the two boxes one was bad the other is perfect. Like I have said I enjoyed my exoticas, just do not want to do the gamble, on the other not the place I ordered from said they would hook me up with a free box and they will check all their boxes, and I did not even ask for a refund. Now if the Vendor MN checks what they have and they say they are all good, I am sure I might continue to buy them from them only.
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:38 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

to solve the problem is very simple just send the hookahpro members free boxes of exoticas and we will be happy
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_DeNightshade
Debate all you like but there appears to be a number of bad coals.
Come on man! HF name is edited out of posts here to avoid conflict, yet bashing Hookah Pro is encouraged at HF. Hmmm
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

JD, if you cant come here and contribute to the topics then I will have to ask you to leave. You are here baiting our members into a verbal fight and its not going to happen.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

I disagree husky and I am just pointing out a discrection. However it's your playground I'll abide.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Half of your original post was about HF and Mushrat. We allow our members to speak here without fear of editing or deleting whole threads because we dont like the content. If a member tip toes outside the boundries we give them a chance to correct it via PM. I am allowing this threads content as it appears to be relevent for the moment but once it gets into a mud slinging he said she said it will be shut down. I just dont need a catalyst right now, and thats how I see this is going. Maybe I am overreacting but with history the way its been, who can blame me right?!
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

I agree I started this to show some bad boxes still exists, then people started bringing in the other place and crap, lets just keep it at the topic
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:26 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

stop fighting kids
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Posts edited to remove irrelevant content, lets get back on topic now. JD PMed me, we are all good. No harm no foul.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

Ok, I will get it back on topic..

since Gabe says it is normal binder, then I need to know why the other 2 boxes I have and the box I have already used up do not look like that, are you saying the ones I say are bad are good and the ones that do not have white substance (mildew as I think) are the bad ones, because obivously there is a 100% visual difference between the the one box and the the other picture.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

The only thing i've ever personally noticed is a marginal increase in a faint silver stuff on some of the coals. I didn't think much of it and it does not appaer to have any effect to the coal.

However, after 4 boxes, i've never seen anything *WHITE*. And I get all mine from mnhookahs also.

JD
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I have never seen white either, my only problem was with splitting. I understand theres a new formula so maybe you are seeing some binder as a result. If you are really worried, take it and have a chemical analysis done on it to be sure.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

Yes the silver stuff, I have always figured its like the same crap on the jap type coals, but you hit the nail on the head a white substance is something I have only seen in this one box and it was not pleasant
Old February 18th, 2008, 05:59 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Gabe,

Yelling isn't going to make this any better. It's just going to make the situation worse. Please refrain from using all caps because some people take offense.

Now as for the coals. Oggie is a good guy. If he says their is mold on the coals, I believe him. I still love exoticas, and will continue to use them. But what happens if one day I have an issue with exoticas (God forbid I ever do) Am i going to be looked at ,yelled at, and accused of lying?

See this is what scares me. Nazar knows I would never lie to him about a product, and I know that nazar would take care of me, ( And so would MNH) but that doesn't give me the warm fuzzies when I ask him to contact you w/ my complaint (as if i have a product with a complaint I try to inform the company WHY i have the complaint, I also get the vendor I bought the product to speak of the complaint as well.) which I have done with shisha - hookah hookah, house hold items like Venus Razors, and food products like Chinese or mcdonalds.

I want my complaint to be listened to, and I don't want a company to say or think that I am a liar.

Now. What you are saying is the whole container was trashed? Right? I have gotten mixed up answers, Did the whole container get trashed and never shipped to a vendor? Or Did you take only the boxes you thought were good and send them out while trashing the others?

I want a straight up answer to this. Because I have read two completely different things and that makes me skeptical.

Because , you have said in the past that only a certian number of boxes were damaged. If so, then part of that container that went out could definitelybe bad! If you know science you will understand this. If water damaged those boxes, and that water sat in that container until they were found by your company to be damaged, then there is a great great chance that ALL of the coals in that container are damaged. Humidity, actual water contact, and such can and will affect the coals. Weither you want to believe this or not.

Now, if the container was completely scrapped due to insurance, then there shouldn't be bad coals on the market and then previous statements will be argued about i'm sure.

Because of the above I mentioned I totally believe that the possibility of oggie/frank having mildew on his coals is completely plausible. because everybody knows what causes mildew.....

Gabe, this isn't ment to be derogatory or spiteful or mean. I am trying to get you to clear up the facts without getting angry or passionate. I underand it's your business and your passionate about that, but it comes off in the wrong way. I LOVE YOUR COALS and I use them all the time. This is just the honest opinion of a person that enjoys your coals.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old February 18th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

I'd like to say that I agree with KornKitten.

The exotica coal is one the best around. Most people know that i've been smoking the japense silver easy-lite coals from rolland for a long time. I must have had 30 boxes from mnh over the years.

The exotica is a good coal - In fact i am using them right now.

Would i be a tad angry if i got bad coals? - of course! I buy them from America and pay a huge amount of shipping for them!
Old February 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dux
I agree I started this to show some bad boxes still exists, then people started bringing in the other place and crap, lets just keep it at the topic
Yes, Let's keep this on topic! "Another Forum" has nothing to do with this one!? I guess I missed all the posts in this thread, Thanks to the MODs for putting out the fires!

I think Frank Dux / Oggie is a well respected member with a lot of knowledge. I can understand and probably believe what he is saying, due to his standing in different hookah communities. I don't think there were any ill intentions, I think he was just bringing his "frustration" and "findings" to the attention of others. (If I had a problem with any product ... you can BET I will be bringing it to the communities attention!) There seems to have been some problems in the past with a bad coals, due to some kind of water damaged shipment. I wish this would all get resolved! I think that some key people have really tainted the coals though, as poor quality, although I use them all the time currently, and like them!
... VENDORS should take the initiative to crack open a box and verify the contents!? It only takes a second to do!? But I am not in the sales industry so I can't comment on that, only my thoughts and opinions. But I think vendors should take the extra couple of seconds to check the boxes and verify them, especially if they were one of the vendors to receive bad coals. I am sure once all "known" boxes have been resolved, we can get back to the quality coals.

As far as the Exotica Coals, I use them all the time and really enjoy them! I haven't found a bad box yet, but I have a few in my stash I should probably take a look at them a little closer to be sure. So far, so good though! I wouldn't let this deter you from trying them out. They seem to be a great value for the money, and I like that they don't roll off my bowl.

And to say it again, just keep it on topic, everyone! Thanks

Ohhh and which vendor did you get the Exotica's from Frank Dux? Thanks

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 18th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

I got it from MNH, contacted them and they said they would check their supply in case they have anymore, but they might have no more like I said 1 out of the 4 I received was bad, so it could of been one of the last few around.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook