Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

hello! new to hookah!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 18th, 2008, 08:48 AM
jbrandona119
Hookah Newbie

Default hello! new to hookah!

Hey all! I just recently ordered my hookah. I wanted a cheap one to start out with, just in case it broke or I didn't like it, so I ordered one from the Caravan Trading Groups on eBay. I hope it's at least decent. I also got 50g of Havana Pina Colda (because my g/f likes that lolz) and 50g of Soex Cherry (it's all they had ) and the coals I got were some form of quick lites (I know...i should have gotten better but they were cheap and I ran out of money) AND i bought the heba diffuser at HS.

Hopefull i can get the nammor hose when i get more money and everything ships in by this friday!!

Does my setup sound good for a beginner?

Thanks!
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:51 AM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: hello! new to hookah!

Errr.. you get what you pay for.

Welcome to HP and enjoy your stay. I'm sure you can learn alot here and don't be afraid to ask questions.

/root
Old February 18th, 2008, 08:56 AM
jbrandona119
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURsAKeN
Errr.. you get what you pay for.
true that.

thanks for the quick response!

i have learned a LOT about hookahs and stuff! like i never really knew that the amount of holes would effect the smoke! i was/am such a newb lol
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:38 PM
lawngnome
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to lawngnome

definatley good to start off with e cheap one to see how you like it and everything
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

yeah the cheap one might give you some issues... and you might not like the soex shisha you bought either, many done. aside from that yeah your starting out on the right foot. oh and dont worry about quicklights, thats what a decent chunk of people use.

welcome to HP!
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Nice to have you here jbrandona119. I would have suggested that you go to a lounge and try it out a couple of times before buying your own rig. In any case, now that you have taken the plunge and bought a rig i's suggest that you watch the vids members have posted about set and cleaning. In the end the greatest narghile in the world will give you a lousy session if you don't get your setup right.
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:25 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Sounds good. I have personal experience with the Caravan Trading Group and their hookahs. I have one myself and there is a detailed review of it in the review section "33 inch Red Isis". I'd say you made a solid choice on your first hookah purchase. The Egyptian I have from them was my first as well and it still smokes just as good today as when it was brand new. They're very durable and reliable hookahs.

My only suggestion for you would be to get different coals. I remember that the free coals I had recieved from them were total garbage and tasted like pure chemicals. It ruined the session. They were also very uneven in heat and violent when sparking. They're just pretty crappy coals. So my suggestion would be to get some Three Kings or Golden Coals. Either one will give you a WAY better session. Both of these brands are some of the best quicklights on the market and they don't affect the flavor of the session in a negative way.

I've read a lot of bad reviews on Soex, although I don't personally have experience with it. Havana seems like a better first smoke. Try looking around the shisha review section. That'll let you know what's good and what's not from the experiences of many members here. If you have any questions on properly setting up or preparing the hookah, just ask and we'll be more than happy to help you.

If you get a chance, post pics when you recieve it...
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:26 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

That is a pretty good setup! Hey just b/c its from ebay doesn't mean its automatically bad >_<

I've seen some guy buy from the same place and made a review somewhere...And it was a positive one. Their pipes are pretty sweet looking as well.
Old February 18th, 2008, 04:36 PM
bigguy
Hookah Nut

Welcome,

Yes ask questions here. I know I have and this place has helped me a lot. Good luck.

Bigguy
Old February 18th, 2008, 06:13 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

I've seen some of those hookahs before and they look pretty good. The shisha you picked you may or may not like but you can always hit up the review section to see what else you might like.
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:01 PM
jbrandona119
Hookah Newbie

hey thanks for all the responses! i'll post up how it goes when I get all my stuff. Should come in by Friday! I'm happy about that!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook