Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Alcohol in base?! Sounds dangerous to me!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 18th, 2010, 10:54 PM
lohrja
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lohrja Send a message via Skype™ to lohrja
Default Re: Alcohol in base?! Sounds dangerous to me!

It is a good waste of booze but it does give you a better buzz. I can't tell you from experience though.

My friends put it in their hookahs. One tried it with red wine. That is what they said happened.
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:56 PM
lohrja
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lohrja Send a message via Skype™ to lohrja

Oh and it really isn't that dangerous.
Old June 19th, 2010, 01:49 AM
z4dave
Hookah Newbie

I`ve heard of some people pouring a shot on some shisha and passing out from the alcohol going straight to there brain when they smoked it.
Dont know how much truth there is on that
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:43 AM
papasmurf1356
Hookah Nut

yea, i have heard about people doing this before

they actually had a breathe test going at the same time and were blowing really high numbers.... however, the alcohol will not get you drunk because it is not really getting into your blood stream.

I think if this would actually get someone messed up, then there would be a lot more kids just sniffing Jack straight from the bottle and never having to buy it again. Stick with water
Old June 19th, 2010, 11:47 AM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Interesting question:

I have a big bottle of wine that I use for cooking. It's a cab that is probably undrinkable at this point. It's been ahout a month prob, but it's been recorked. Anyone think this will be ok with nakhla el basha grape? Or a bad idea for dissaster? I think it may be bad but I was wonderig if anyone has used old undrinkable wine for the base?
Old June 19th, 2010, 07:19 PM
johnp
Hookah Nut

I'd probably try it...but no guarantee it will be good.

btw...alcohol actually IS going into your bloodstream, inhaling is the fastest way to get it there short of injection. That's why if you are a regular smoker the nicotine gets into your bloodstream so fast as well...

It's not something I would do routinely. While I've put straight vodka in the bottom before (as well as pure spirits) to do so routinely would be prohibitively expensive, and too much alcohol kills the enjoyment of the hookah (for me).

Still, if you enjoy the licorice-like hint that AF two apples has, for instance, a splash of Jagermeister in the bottom with the water gives it just a bit more kick. Tastes great.
There's other stuff out there to try, but good alcohol...well three smoking sessions and I could have bought another hookah or two.

hth.

John
Old June 19th, 2010, 08:36 PM
lizzyrdd
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lizzyrdd Send a message via Skype™ to lizzyrdd

I've never had a problem with it. I've smoked with vodka and red wine in my base. I would never buy liquor to put into a vase though. We used the vodka because we had excess at a party and we all thought it would be fun to try, and I had a bottle of red wine in my refrigerator for over a year, and decided one day to try it, decided that I'm not a wine person, then tried it in my base. Wasn't too bad.
Old June 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM
lizzyrdd
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerndunch110 View Post
Interesting question:

I have a big bottle of wine that I use for cooking. It's a cab that is probably undrinkable at this point. It's been ahout a month prob, but it's been recorked. Anyone think this will be ok with nakhla el basha grape? Or a bad idea for dissaster? I think it may be bad but I was wonderig if anyone has used old undrinkable wine for the base?
Never thought that wine went bad (again, not a wine drinker), but Nakhla el basha grape was the exact flavor I used when I smoked with red wine in my base. It was beautiful.
Old June 20th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Sleepdeprived12
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Sleepdeprived12

the only possible health risk would be that you can't get your lungs pumped, but since the heat isn't being directly applied to the wodka that shouldn't be a problem
Old June 20th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Sleepdeprived12
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyrdd View Post
Never thought that wine went bad (again, not a wine drinker), but Nakhla el basha grape was the exact flavor I used when I smoked with red wine in my base. It was beautiful.
oh wine can go real bad, you let the cork dry out by not keeping it on its side and rotating you'll end up with a nice bottle of vinegar
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:24 AM
cor
Hookah Newbie

Its actually kinda better when you say "I put vodka in ma hooka" than tasting it. the other day i used mango juice on it and it actually gave it a sweeter flavor. i think if you think some buzz, it will be mostly psychologycal because you think your inhaling it. thats what i did, told one friend i placed vodka and the other not and he got hammered while we didnt.
Old June 20th, 2010, 06:07 AM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cor View Post
Its actually kinda better when you say "I put vodka in ma hooka" than tasting it. the other day i used mango juice on it and it actually gave it a sweeter flavor. i think if you think some buzz, it will be mostly psychologycal because you think your inhaling it. thats what i did, told one friend i placed vodka and the other not and he got hammered while we didnt.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! thats awesome.
Old June 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
lizzyrdd
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepdeprived12 View Post
oh wine can go real bad, you let the cork dry out by not keeping it on its side and rotating you'll end up with a nice bottle of vinegar
eeeewwwww Thanks for letting me know!! (just in case I ever do take a fancy to wine)
Old June 20th, 2010, 12:41 PM
xvrta
Hookah Newbie

i tryed some cheap vodka with sme grape shisha in my old miny mya gelato last year cuz i heard you can do that and get drunk (i was bored with friends and didn't want to drikn cheap alcohol that smelt like rubbing alcohol) and it doesn't do anything but get you light headed faster not worth trying.
Old June 21st, 2010, 01:43 AM
Sleepdeprived12
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf1356 View Post
the alcohol will not get you drunk because it is not really getting into your blood stream.

this, I disagree with this, there has to be some truth to this, after all your lungs are built to be an expressway to your blood, that's the whole point of breathing
Old June 21st, 2010, 06:07 AM
phoenixautumn
Hookah Pro

One time I filled the base completely with Mike's Hard Lemonade. I didn't put any water at all. Man, that was harsh! Burned the hell out of my throat! If your going to try it, I'd suggest something not too strong, and I would suggest having water in the base also, not just alcohol. This one lounge I know puts wine in the base and it turns out alright.
Old June 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM
Lonelyboy
Hookah Nut

once just for testing to get to know if you really could get drunk with alkohol in your water(or as water).
i tried to fill my base with 55% moonshine...tasted like shit all sessions thru and didnt even get a little bit dizzy and smoked for at least 2+ hours alone.
would have gotten really drunk by that time and amount if i would have drinked it...:P...so a waste in my opinion if you dont use alkohol for taste and take a good licour or something...pure booze aint the thing at least...

and heard afterwards you can get chemical pneumonia if you are really unlucky, if you have alkohol and breath it in.
Old June 24th, 2010, 05:29 AM
22taylor22
Hookah Newbie

my friends have done it, they did it with vodka and said it was horrible, it wasnt a good buzz. it was more like a please kill me now buzz.
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:57 AM
plec
Hookah Nut

did it with a full base of coconut malibu and a bowl of mango starbuzz it works great. We could tell the difference its a little stingy on the throat but was still pretty good if you have the malibu its fun to try
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Amg4227
Hookah Newbie

Now I am deffinately no biology major or a doctor or anything of that nature, but I do not see a hookah with alcohol in the base as a possible way to get intoxicated unless. . . you would be smoking for an immense amount of time. The reason being that while the fumes or vapors that alcohol gives off have the ability to intoxicate you, it would take quite a while to do so simply because the smoke is not directly mixing strongly enough with the liquid in the base. I would assume that there are a few chemical reactions taking place as the smoke is "pulled" through the water, but I do not believe that the reactions would allow a large enough quantity of alcohol to mix with the smoke and cause you to become intoxicated. Now I could very well be completely wrong simply for that facts that 1)alcohol does have a much lower point of evaporation than water; therefore, you may experience a bit of the vapors mixing with the smoke as the alcohol evaporates 2) the bubbles that the hookah creates with the water may agitate the mixture enought or consume enough alcohol to cause a feeling of intoxication. Again I don't think a one hour session of smoking would do all that much in terms of alcohol getting into your system, but a three or five or fourty eight hour session might cause to too feel some deffinate effects. Thats all just my theory's from high school chem though so have fun.
Share with your friends on facebook