Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

You're an idiot.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 9th, 2010, 09:29 AM
omar1
Hookah Pro

Default Re: You're an idiot.

i stepped on a hot coal.
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:26 AM
johnp
Hookah Nut

I purchased my first hookah in Baghdad in 2003; I returned to our tents with my new prize and some strawberry tobacco... only to have an overzealous member of the group around our rickety card table try to stretch the hose much farther than it should. The base broke. Not wanting to wait until I could purchase another, I then decided it would be a good idea to repair said base with copious amounts of super glue and electrician's tape....
Everything I smoked tasted like superglue, and the headache lasted about a week.

Not my best idea. Similarly (after returning to the US) thought it would be a great idea to fill the base of another hookah with pure vodka. Smoke was harsh, and I was drunk within what seemed like minutes....way faster than drinking.
I could go on.

Last edited by johnp; June 9th, 2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: separate incidents.
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:38 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmv8888 View Post
Friend underestimated the hose length, and after the hookah tipped, the 2 QL's landed on his crotch area and began to singe threw his shorts... For a moment i just sat there and laughed hysterically until i realized exactly what was happening. Tongs saved the day.
Your a good friend, I would have just kept laughing. If they are to dumb to figure out what to do with a hot coal near thier junk, might as well enjoy the show.
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:45 AM
mattxhand
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to mattxhand

Tried to dump off a half burnt coal after some bad shisha. The coal fell, as did the bowl which shattered. In my rage, I forgot to put out the coal which I stepped on and now I have a second degree burn on my foot.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:07 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

only major thing i have done is forgot to put water in after adding my ice. never quite smokes right when you do that.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:23 AM
helema27
Hookah Nut

Talking Re: You're an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanW View Post
Which parts strike you as strange?

The pedicure?
My lack of proper response to burning coals?
My acknowledgment that I'm an idiot?
My coming to terms with my own demise via Darwin?
My lawn chair?
ehem all o fthe above but hey ive had my darnwin moments... ive grabbed a pan right out the oven forgetting to get a *** holder.. dropped wet food in thot oil resulting in a huge spatering (still have a lil burn spot from such an incedent) ive also had my son in my lap playin withth ehose....he gave it a good yank once and i ended up with a coal on my arm tobbaco in my lap freakin out getting him ou tof the way and catchin my hookah....i now have a ceack in the decorative glass round my stem which is just visual defect and does not effect the air flow at all but is aconstant reminder to not let my son pull on th ehose.... ill let him put the end in my mouth but if he tries to yank hes off the lap and in the lil pin!!oh and one time i dropped a craft knife on th eground and stepped on it!! another time i brok ea glass tea container and walke daround all day with a huge arsed piece in my big toe an ddidnt know it was there till i went to scratch the itchy toe and out popped the glass piece!! i also ran through the house an dgot half aneedle broken into my foo tand had to get it surgically removed!! anothe rtime i was trying to be cool and put my steak on aknife and cut agash in my middle finger which requires some stitches....and the listr goes onn and on!!

Last edited by helema27; June 9th, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:33 AM
helema27
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp View Post
I purchased my first hookah in Baghdad in 2003; I returned to our tents with my new prize and some strawberry tobacco... only to have an overzealous member of the group around our rickety card table try to stretch the hose much farther than it should. The base broke. Not wanting to wait until I could purchase another, I then decided it would be a good idea to repair said base with copious amounts of super glue and electrician's tape....
Everything I smoked tasted like superglue, and the headache lasted about a week.

Not my best idea. Similarly (after returning to the US) thought it would be a great idea to fill the base of another hookah with pure vodka. Smoke was harsh, and I was drunk within what seemed like minutes....way faster than drinking.
I could go on.
omg id be killing some friends!! them hookahs over there are very exspensive!! also with the vodkah thing you shoul dof known better!!
Old June 9th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Kslice
Hookah Newbie

Was smoking hookah at a friends house and i wasn't paying attention and i knocked the hookah over and the coal fell right on the carpet and was burning a huge hole. aha good times.
Old June 9th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Had a large nammor in my lap laying sideways in a loveseat with a hookah on a table that was a bit higher up than I was. Retardedly, I called the dog to come chill with me, and it jumped on the hose, pulling the hookah coals and all, down on top of me.
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:03 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

i took one to many shots one night, knocked over the hookah and didnt put together that the coals stay hot if they touch the grounds. 5 min later i smelled something burning. you can figure out the rest
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:07 PM
801smokey
Hookah Nut

my friends snake got out of its cage and I flipped shit when it touched my leg I jumped up and ran some how dragging 3 of my 4 hoses behind me still attached to the hookah. we had 2 coconara coals on it and 1 on the plate under the bowl not only did they burn me but they put a few holes in the floor. Thats the first lesson in carpet repair Id ever got.
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:09 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Giggity^^
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:17 PM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

the first smoke i had when my mum bought new sofas. 10 minutes into the session i drop the coals and f**k knows why but i decide to catch it with my arm and hold it there for 10 seconds while i try to reach for a pan and drop the coals in there but instead drop it on the carpet leaving about 3 holes in it then finally decide to do the normal thing and pic it up with tongs.
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:27 PM
killak3v
Hookah Nut

i setup my first fresh lemon fruit bowl and pull my hose to far and ended up with square CH burn marks on my carpet and a very bad smell

was at a party with my homies my boy pulled down the hookah by accident he tried grabbing the coals of the floor as he was burning someones rug which wasnt his he burned his hands and me being drunk sed holy shit went to grab a bottle of water to pour onn him right next to me and i poured a bottle of vodka on him.........a burnt bleeding hand from a drunk person and another drunk person pouring alcohol on him...EPIC FAIL!!!!!

purged when my ball bearign was stuck shot water up the stem into the bowl and coals and killed the session instantly
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM
lastinterface
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to lastinterface

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker View Post
Yes..
lolol

perfect answer
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM
asdfghjkl
Hookah Newbie

Hey, all, this is my first post.

A while back, some friends and I pooled our money and bought our first hookah. We decided, not having any other place to put it, that we'd set everything up on the thousand dollar pool table in my friend's garage. We were smoking and having a blast, and something came up, and we had to pause our session for a few minutes. We decided that it would be a good idea to take the coal off and put it into an ash tray sitting next to the hookah on the pool table.

And then, when we got back to it, we learned that the coal had melted its way through the ash tray, which was plastic, and burnt the green felt on the table. Ranks among the stupidest things I've ever taken part in.
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Speirszitu
Hookah Newbie

I acidentally knocked my hookah and the coal fell on the carpet..
I picked it up with my fingers, burned myself and droped the coal in the same carpet but in a diferent spot..
Yeah, i'm an idiot.
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

i have never tried to pick up a coal with my hands, but i have left a dieing coal really close to my tongs, and i went to use them, totally burned for a second their.
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:22 PM
801smokey
Hookah Nut

one of the frequent flyers in my hookah group tells a story CONSTANTLY of the hookah was knocked over and his best friend not only caught the coal but held onto it for about 45 seconds with her bare hand, not believing him ever, until I met said best friend and the big scars on the inside of her thumb and index finger dumbfounded me. AND there have been times that ive nudged the hot coal off the bowl into the tray with my fingers when the shisha just making myself think I looked cool doing it. hahah
Old June 9th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Ble3dth3freak
Hookah Pro

I lit my trashcan on fire. I was cleaning up after my session and threw out the ashes in the trash. Apparently there was still a little ember somewhere in there. 5 minutes later I walked back into the kitchen to see it going up in flames. Grabbed the sink hose and went to town.
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:52 PM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsunkenships View Post
What are some dumb things you've done while smoking or doing something else hookah related?

Just tonight I moved my rig and had a hot coal land on my arm. Then as I was cleaning my hose, I attempted to siphon water/baking soda/lemon juice through my hose to clean it and ended up with a mouthful of awful.

Your turn.
Done that, numorous times. Picked up a hot coal by hand not realizing it had gotten that hot(it was still black, I didnt need that many coals haha). Sooo many stupid things. I stepped on hot coal ash to put it ouch on the carpet with my bare foot even when pixelz told me not to. I don't believe it's hot unless I get burned haha.
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:02 AM
johnp
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by helema27 View Post
omg id be killing some friends!! them hookahs over there are very exspensive!! also with the vodkah thing you shoul dof known better!!
Well...back then they weren't so expensive. I think I paid a grand total of 20 bucks for the one that got busted.
As for the alcohol...well....it wasn't like this forum existed back then (did it?) and hookah was still looked at askance by most people...
so yeah...there were a few things I tried that anyone now knows better than doing....
We also couldn't get anything but Japanese charcoal (and later Lebanese and Syrian) but no quick lights. Our solution? Soak the stuff in Zippo fluid, let it burn until it seemed to have burned off, and put the coal on.
Just about ruined a hookah with mint one time too. I'm still anti-mint and that was 7 years ago....
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Nightmareclay
Hookah Master

Have dropped coals onto my carpet a few times, thank god i'm fast with the tongs. Another time I sneezed while standing above my hookah and got a face full of ash.
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Acidpunk
Hookah Newbie

I've done so many stupid things, mainly late night when I'm half dead, Here are a few examples :

Went to light the coal came back put the coal on the bowl, Started smoking. Two minutes later I said to my self why is there no smoke? forgot the tobacco !

Couldn't believe it absolutely went mental at myself, I had done the foil the holes everything lol.

Lit the coal sat down to watch tv, Started smoking. No smoke wtf? Forgot to actually put the coal on the bowl.

Forgotten water once, God knows how.

Once lit the coal with me holding the QL with my fingers, picked up QL coal after being knocked over countless times with my left hand fingers.

I think I look stupid enough
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:20 PM
inhalexhale
Hookah Nut

When I first started off, me and my friend were smoking, and I was like wtf? why isnt it smoking?!
Turns out we forgot to poke holes... coal right on the foil LOL
Share with your friends on facebook