Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Great KM Shipping Saga

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM
End3r
Hookah Nut

Default UPDATE: The Great KM Shipping Saga -- Finally Shipped!

So I am attempting to buy a 29" KM Tri-metal. I placed an order with Hookah-life.com These are my stories.

May 31st (PM) - I place my order
June 1st (AM) - Receive email asking me for a copy of my ID (H-L has a policy of checking ID for purchases with separate billing and shipping addresses)
June 1st (PM) - Receive call and email from Mike telling me that they are out of stock of both the 1 hose 29" stem and the black stem I wanted. Offers to upgrade me to the 2 hose with a blue base for free
June 1st (PM) - I confirm this is fine, receive a confirmation back telling me my order with ship 1-2 business days
June 1st (PM) - Receive a mysterious email from "Express Sales" telling me that my order has shipped, with an order number that is much longer that my original one. No tracking number
June 4th - (note that it is three business days after the 1st) Still have not received tracking information, so I send H-L support an email
June 4th (PM) - Receive a response from Mike telling me that my order was actually processed on June 2nd (no it wasn't...) and that they still have one more business day to ship it. He assures me that the order will ship that Friday, June 5th
June 7th - I did not, and still have not received any tracking information/shipping confirmation so I send another email to Mike. He informs me that the items were in stock when I ordered them, and that he will get in touch with the warehouse about it. He also says that he will have tracking information by the next day at the latest.
June 8th (PM) - Still no tracking information, I send another email to Mike. He responds by saying he will have tracking information by the end of the day.
June 9th (AM) - Still no tracking information.

blurgh. I realize I'm being impatient, but it has been over 1 week already and the item hasn't shipped...So much for 1-2 business day shipping...

UPDATE:
June 9th (PM) - Received tracking number/shipping confirmation. Estimated delivery date: 6/14.

Last edited by End3r; June 9th, 2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:30 AM
sharpy_77
Hookah Nut

Default Re: The Great KM Shipping Saga

This is a pet peeve of mine as well.. they say they are going to ship out when they are not.. these are some signs that the business may not be doing to well..

but i could be totally wrong as well..

hope you get your stuff soon

sm0ke Ez
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:05 AM
ryon
Hookah Nut

Youre not impatient
The order should be processed in a max of 2 days
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Shirtless7
Hookah Nut

At this point if I was in your shoes, I'd cancel the order and look else where. There are a lot of vendors out there and one is bound to have the pipe you want at the price you can afford. But they might not have a run around with shipping your order.
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:52 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

your not being impatient, they are being ridiculous
screw them....cancel the order and order elsewhere, we have a ton of prefered vendors here and discounts
you dont need to be treated like this as a customer
i dont know about anyone else but im never shopping at hookahlife after hearing this

i shouldnt say never....if they do something amazing to make up for their ridiculousness i would totally change my mind

ive dealt with some great vendors here on hookahpro, they have been super friendly and provided over the top customer service,

Make good on this MIKE
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:53 AM
End3r
Hookah Nut

I would cancel and order elsewhere but I can't find the hookah in stock anywhere else :-/ Any help?
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:56 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by End3r View Post
I would cancel and order elsewhere but I can't find the hookah in stock anywhere else :-/ Any help?
i know its a 29" trimetal, but can you post an exact pic of it so if i come across it i can link you to it?
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:59 AM
End3r
Hookah Nut

http://www.hookah-life.com/29-inch-k...hookah-v2.html

That was what I originally ordered. A 2-hose would also be fine, but not any more than that. Thanks for taking a look!
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

I would call em up and complain like a little bitch, they might try to make it up to you with free stuff. Also tell them your part of a very tight knitted online cimmunity that specialize to connecting hookah smokers to good vendors, and that they are going in the shitty pile. that ought to change thier tune.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:14 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

i dont see the exact hookah but there are some similar ones here
http://www.hookahstore.com/hookahs-k...c-28_3_52.html

here is a trimetal stem with an ice chiller, you would still have to pick out your base
http://www.hookahstore.com/hookah-st...tem-p-292.html

here is a slightly different version with a blue vase
http://www.hookahcompany.com/royal_b..._4711_prd1.htm

if i find any more i will post those as well
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:19 AM
iMaD
Hookah Pro

This happened to me a few times before and this is why: Many companies list products on their websites and indicate whether the item in stock or not and the estimated shipping times but many companies do not have the actual item on hand but instead they ship directly from the distributors warehouses. This causes them to lose control of the processing and they are under the mercy of the warehouse staff. If you are impatient like me always call the vendor and confirm the actually have the item in their store and the exact shipping date so there will be no surprises.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:22 AM
End3r
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMaD View Post
This happened to me a few times before and this is why: Many companies list products on their websites and indicate whether the item in stock or not and the estimated shipping times but many companies do not have the actual item on hand but instead they ship directly from the distributors warehouses. This causes them to lose control of the processing and they are under the mercy of the warehouse staff. If you are impatient like me always call the vendor and confirm the actually have the item in their store and the exact shipping date so there will be no surprises.
It seems this is exactly what is going on here, and that makes it hard for me to fault the site. I will say have received very fast customer service from them.

@ariberns: thanks for the links. I've checked around some of those sites an unfortunately nobody seems to have exactly what I want. Might have to change my mind about the rig to buy
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Wow, that is totally ridiculous. That kind of customer disservice won't win any new biz. As ari said, until they suddenly do something super spectacular and way over the top I will avoid hookah-life. I don't want an experience like that. So far I've had great experiences with the supporting vendors I've worked with here at hookahpro. I'll stick with them. There is no reason on earth (except for being out of stock) that it should take more than two days to ship. 24 hours is actually not unreasonable. You really should call them, tell them how dissatisfied with their customer service you are. Let them know that you are going to post a negative review for them on the forum. And, finally, cancel your order with them. You can always find a hookah elsewhere. Might take a week longer to find it but you can. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:35 PM
End3r
Hookah Nut

Alright. Stern email sent. Essentially, if I don't get shipping confirmation today I am canceling my order and picking this up: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-5373-...on-hookah.html
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:40 PM
End3r
Hookah Nut

Aha! that did it! 5 minutes later and I have my tracking number. Hopefully this is the last interaction I have with hookah-life.

Thanks for all the support guys.

Last edited by End3r; June 9th, 2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:43 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

yea your not being impatient. just on top of things. just keep up the pressure. dont be angry and yell when you talk to them, but more "unhappy" or "unsatisfied". its gets stuff done alot faster. good luck. hope you get it figured out. it sounds like you have a good contact though, and thats half the battle
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:57 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

think i found it

http://www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamoon-hookahs/

is it here?
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:59 PM
End3r
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariberns View Post
Yes, I saw that earlier. Unfortunately they are out of stock. (Almost ordered from them in the first place)

Also, my hookah-life order finally shipped (see OP in this thread) so I'm good now (I think). Just have to wait until next week to get it...

EDIT: actually, now that I look they do have the 1 hose version. Oh well, it's a moot point now. Thanks again though.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook