Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

SB 5340 - 2009-10

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 10th, 2010, 02:34 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Default SB 5340 - 2009-10

this was the bill passed last year in Washington state that now prevents vendors like Sahara Smoke from shipping me any real tobacco. Any Wa resident here that feel this bill needs to be repealled, i would love to hear from you your thoughts. Or are thier any people who have vendors that still ship them products, even though the fine can be 5 grand and 5 years?
Old June 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM
sharpy_77
Hookah Nut

Default Re: SB 5340 - 2009-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AralVorkosigan View Post
this was the bill passed last year in Washington state that now prevents vendors like Sahara Smoke from shipping me any real tobacco. Any Wa resident here that feel this bill needs to be repealled, i would love to hear from you your thoughts. Or are thier any people who have vendors that still ship them products, even though the fine can be 5 grand and 5 years?

OUCH.. booo washington for passing that shit.. I thought Canadians had it bad.

I would suggest if you know someone in close by state to order to their house and pick it up..

if thats not an option, I feel sorry for ya mang..

sm0ke Ez
Old June 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Robbo873
Hookah Nut

that sucks big time man. i hope they never do that in Il.
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM
trptguy007
Hookah Nut

what is the point of that? Is there seriously nothing else the government can spend its money on? It's TOBACCO. We have been growing here, and it has been a part of the economy for ages. What is the reasoning behind it? Can it be used to hurt people? Is someone smoking it against their will? Does is even cause any effects at all that might inadvertently injure someone? Fucking retarded bullshit.
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:20 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

at least you can travel out of state and pick some up, its worse for international
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Ahildebrand13
Hookah Nut

I was gonna try and see if theres away to get around it, because H-S sends things to international countries marked as "gifts" i wonder if it would be the same thing in WA. I need to look over the bill though
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Ahildebrand13
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by trptguy007 View Post
what is the point of that? Is there seriously nothing else the government can spend its money on? It's TOBACCO. We have been growing here, and it has been a part of the economy for ages. What is the reasoning behind it? Can it be used to hurt people? Is someone smoking it against their will? Does is even cause any effects at all that might inadvertently injure someone? Fucking retarded bullshit.
The point is they cant tax tobacco that comes in the mail. they want smokers buying stuff in stores so the state makes money
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:37 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahildebrand13 View Post
The point is they cant tax tobacco that comes in the mail. they want smokers buying stuff in stores so the state makes money
I dont think they get tax for shisha though, cause its $2.025 in taxes for a pack of cigs, and i can pick up AF for $2.99. I think it just happens to fall under a blanket tcbacco statement. it does allow certain size cigars to be shipped, which is good i guess, but shisha should be separated from cigarettes as well.
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:39 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

Aral, if it's such a big deal, you're only about 2-3 hours from Oregon. Get a P.O box and drive in when you get a package. (I'd suggest one where you can be notified or recieve a message if requested when you get something.)
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:31 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeriekitsune View Post
Aral, if it's such a big deal, you're only about 2-3 hours from Oregon. Get a P.O box and drive in when you get a package. (I'd suggest one where you can be notified or recieve a message if requested when you get something.)
I can fly their for free actually, but thats not the point. If i have to drive 2-3 hours out of my way, using gas and putting miles on my truck that is not a good "solution" in my book. Tabacco is perfectly legal, so thier is no good reason that they should bar it from being shipped to MY door. its not Hazmat, or DG. Its recreational nicotine. furthermore, people can ship cigars that meet certain requirments, so whats the difference between that and any other form of tabacco? stupid politicians trying to make Washington "smoke free".
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:46 AM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

I would have it shipped to a friend then have him mail it to you, even priority your just talking an extra 10 bucks, its better then the drive or flight for sure.
Old June 12th, 2010, 07:56 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AralVorkosigan View Post
I can fly their for free actually, but thats not the point. If i have to drive 2-3 hours out of my way, using gas and putting miles on my truck that is not a good "solution" in my book. Tabacco is perfectly legal, so thier is no good reason that they should bar it from being shipped to MY door. its not Hazmat, or DG. Its recreational nicotine. furthermore, people can ship cigars that meet certain requirments, so whats the difference between that and any other form of tabacco? stupid politicians trying to make Washington "smoke free".
I understand your frustration, and I get the point. Until you manage to convince the politicians that they're a bunch of fricking morons and need to fix things, that's the best you got though, unless you want to change states...
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Welcome to politics, It doesnt mater what we know or want anymore, if the government thinks its a bad idea then it is.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:40 AM
dest2ko
Hookah Nut

It just means you're the minority in an interest. If it is about taxation, then your fellow citizens simply want their share of something they don't partake in. I would do what an above poster said and do the PO Box thing and just start buying in massive bulk. You could try illegally shipping it in; my recommendation is to get close to a vendor so he/she knows you better. Don't really know how mail stuff is scanned. Might not be worth it, man. You might be able to get a bit clever about it and set up a PO Box as a mail forward. If the mail is scanned for contents before departure only in the state it leaves, you could get it forwarded without problem. Not sure how all that works, though.

Last edited by dest2ko; June 13th, 2010 at 12:47 AM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook