Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My first video review

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 10th, 2010, 04:35 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

Default My first video review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYNfbCpLIyA

I would like to have this critiqued if anyone had the time and didn't mind. I have written a ton of reviews for different things, but am new to hookah and this is my first time on camera lol. Be brutal though, I want to be good, and you don't get that way with people tiptoeing around your feelings lol.

Thanks in advance
Jeremy

P.S.
I know I forgot to mention the lack of a purge valve, meant to just somehow forgot.
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Default Re: My first video review

There's a lot of NHT stuff on the page you linked to. You'll want to take that down.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

Huh, its just a youtube video page?
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

you cant show any drug references if you plan on using iton this site for any reason. very strict rules.
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:59 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

I am totally unaware of any drug reference anywhere. Till hookah I was totally straight edge, no drugs, alcohol, medicines, nothing. Would someone tell me what you guys are talking about?
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:02 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

actually i cant see the vid, but thats what a nht reference would be. any posters of anything inthe back drop would count as it. anything on the web page itself would give a red flag for the forumns. just jump on your link and take a look for anything related to illegal substances, even posters of artists doing them, like rap stars.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:09 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

Thats the thing, my and smokey void have discussed nht, and I don't have anything remotely nht anywhere in my house lol, hate rap and cheech and chong and stuff like that lol.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:11 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Ok, i just watched it, with no sound cause i am at work, and all i can think of is if you used and paraphnalia terms that could be what he was talking about otherwise, i saw nothing breaking the rules. and based on what i saw, again i could not hear, good distance from the camera, good use of your hands, good contact with the viewer. I wannt see some bigger drags though, like at least one really good cloud if you can muster it up would be awesome. Or maybe some rings, just littl eshow off things that define you as a smoker. very nice first review, will watch it with sound later if i remember.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:11 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

Ahh coyotero is talking about the fact that I link to a merchant that sells the pipe I am reviewing and that merchant has some nht references, have to review the forum rules because I thought me giving his website in my video so that people could see what my hookah originally looked like would not be a violation, not promoting his website by any means, just kinda mentioning it so people could see what my hookah looked like before I screwed with it lol.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:13 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

Thanks Aral, I should have tried for some better clouds lol, will do in the future. I wish I could do smoke rings lol.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:15 PM
trptguy007
Hookah Nut

as for the video:

surprise, you bought a shitty hookah and are pretty much totally unhappy with it. sorry.
The intro was retarded long-we get it...its a review....how slowly do you have to read it to need to take that much time?
The music is fine in the beginning, i thought it was annoying but thats more of a taste in music thing, and you can't please everyone. HOWEVER, the music through the entirety of the video was like this thing i saw once where two people speak at the same time and you are supposed to focus on just one. Annoying and kind of a mind fuck.

on the plus side: you gave a lot of details which is good, and I like that you sorta tell u show you feel about the product from your own point of view...which is basically what a review is, so in that light, you got it right on.

hopefully, you buy a decent hookah soon and can do another review. maybe some shisha?
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:19 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VShadowHeart View Post
Thanks Aral, I should have tried for some better clouds lol, will do in the future. I wish I could do smoke rings lol.
lots oh how tos for rings, just get alot of smoke and practice. looks good on film for sure. keep up the reviews.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:28 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by trptguy007 View Post
as for the video:

surprise, you bought a shitty hookah and are pretty much totally unhappy with it. sorry.
The intro was retarded long-we get it...its a review....how slowly do you have to read it to need to take that much time?
The music is fine in the beginning, i thought it was annoying but thats more of a taste in music thing, and you can't please everyone. HOWEVER, the music through the entirety of the video was like this thing i saw once where two people speak at the same time and you are supposed to focus on just one. Annoying and kind of a mind fuck.

on the plus side: you gave a lot of details which is good, and I like that you sorta tell u show you feel about the product from your own point of view...which is basically what a review is, so in that light, you got it right on.

hopefully, you buy a decent hookah soon and can do another review. maybe some shisha?
Thanks for the critiques, I wanted an intro that I liked that I could put on all of my videos, and at 18 seconds I didn't think it was too long, trimmed as much as possible to only get one cool line from the song lol. If you knew me personally you would see why, thats one of my two all time favorite songs lol, listen to it nearly daily.

I am buying a KM very soon and will do a review as soon as I get it. I have been reluctant to review any shisha because I have a crappy rig and am using crappy ql coals, seems an unfair set-up for the shisha. I am sending off the cash for my new km at the begining of july, and I will be ordering some more coconaras then, and will be trying to review like crazy.

I enjoy doing reviews, but am sooooooo camera shy. Last christmas my family was able to sneak two pictures of my face lol. Trying to get over it though.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:31 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

BTW the rule is
Rule #2:
There are to be no drug references in posts.
.. Pay particularly close attention to this because if you violate this rule there will be no warnings! The first course of action will be an automatic 4 day strike ban!
Drug discussion of anything other than shisha / tobacco will NOT be tolerated here! This includes EVERYTHING from such phrases and euphemisms as: "not always shisha", "the other stuff", "the stuff we don't mention", etc ..
Do not discuss paraphernalia used for smoking illegal drugs. We do not call a hookah a B0NG or any other slang terminology. A hookah is a hookah here, and its intention is to be used to smoke hookah tobacco. A B0NG is NOT a hookah. There is a big difference!
Do not post drug related pictures because they will not be tolerated here. Do not post drug related pictures anywhere within this site! That includes within posts, albums, avatars, signatures, etc ..

I have no drug references anywhere, I simply show a link to my hookah on a crazy large website. I see nowhere where I will be responsible for the contents of someone elses website, so I think I am ok here.

Thanks for the heads up though coyotera, I have WAY familiarized myself with the rules now lol.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:42 PM
chewymatingcall
Hookah Pro

Sorry about the luck with the hookah. Look at my youtube comment for another possible reason for coyotero's comment. You were detailed and I could feel your rage. Good video, sound was good as was the content
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VShadowHeart View Post
BTW the rule is
Rule #2:
There are to be no drug references in posts.
.. Pay particularly close attention to this because if you violate this rule there will be no warnings! The first course of action will be an automatic 4 day strike ban!
Drug discussion of anything other than shisha / tobacco will NOT be tolerated here! This includes EVERYTHING from such phrases and euphemisms as: "not always shisha", "the other stuff", "the stuff we don't mention", etc ..
Do not discuss paraphernalia used for smoking illegal drugs. We do not call a hookah a B0NG or any other slang terminology. A hookah is a hookah here, and its intention is to be used to smoke hookah tobacco. A B0NG is NOT a hookah. There is a big difference!
Do not post drug related pictures because they will not be tolerated here. Do not post drug related pictures anywhere within this site! That includes within posts, albums, avatars, signatures, etc ..

I have no drug references anywhere, I simply show a link to my hookah on a crazy large website. I see nowhere where I will be responsible for the contents of someone elses website, so I think I am ok here.

Thanks for the heads up though coyotera, I have WAY familiarized myself with the rules now lol.
People have gotten in trouble for posting links to such sites in the past, it's up to the mods, I'm just trying to help you dodge a potential bullet.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:59 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
People have gotten in trouble for posting links to such sites in the past, it's up to the mods, I'm just trying to help you dodge a potential bullet.
agreed, and I thank you for such aid.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:04 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

at 1:37 in the video I did make a questionable comment, I have never really considered it a drug reference, but it obviously is. Thanks to chewymatingcall for pointing it out to me, and any mods that happen to see this please give me a warning, I have never had any warnings or violated any rules, and I will be making a huge effort in the future to never use such terms.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Kslice
Hookah Newbie

The music throughout the entire review was obnoxious as hell.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:11 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kslice View Post
Wow, ok, I won't do it again. I thought it was better as background music then just silence. My wife thought it was bad too, I thought it was a good idea. Thanks for the comments, you live and learn lol.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:31 PM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

not a bad review. just the illegal substance references are no good. i have a friend who has that hookah and oddly enough all the paint came off but the red
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Marco Poko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kslice View Post
Agreed, kill the music during the actual review, plus it will be easier to hear/understand you.

Could put a little bit in the video description and better title. I didn't know at first what exactly was being reviewed. example: Caged animal - hookah review.

Just minor little things Sorry about your crappy experience.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:54 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

will have to see it with sound now so i can hear the music. I wanna see just how obnoxious it is. I have no doubt that that was a bad call, but we all make mistakes.
Old June 10th, 2010, 07:09 PM
dabboy
Hookah Nut

maybe the nht thing was mentioning that the stuff previously around the stem looked like egg beaters on acid.

not a bad first review.

Pros:[LIST][*]very blunt / honest[*]explaining you're reasons for buying the hookah[*]I found your sarcasm funny (although others might not)[/LIST]Cons:[LIST][*] Beginning was way too long, should be no longer then 3-4 sec[*]sometimes sarcasm can be confusing[*]the link needs to be click-able because I was not about to retype it all[/LIST]
good start, keep em coming!
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:56 PM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabboy View Post
maybe the nht thing was mentioning that the stuff previously around the stem looked like egg beaters on acid.

not a bad first review.

Pros:[LIST][*]very blunt / honest[*]explaining you're reasons for buying the hookah[*]I found your sarcasm funny (although others might not)[/LIST]Cons:[LIST][*] Beginning was way too long, should be no longer then 3-4 sec[*]sometimes sarcasm can be confusing[*]the link needs to be click-able because I was not about to retype it all[/LIST]
good start, keep em coming!
I appreciate the criticism, I couldn't find a way to make the link clickable, the research I did on it said youtube only allowed non-profits to put clickable links in videos, I admit I didn't do an insane amount of research though.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook