Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Your Techniques During Setup

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 14th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Str8Rida
Hookah Newbie

Default Your Techniques During Setup

What are some of your guys' special techniques that you use when you prepare ur hookah? And also, what are some of your techniques to get your hookah to last for a long time and to get the flavor lasting for a while?

some of my techniques include:
*putting ice in the base for cooler and thicker smoke
*After packing the bowl just barely below the rim and putting the foil on, i gently blow on the bottom of the head to get better airflow
*I only put one coal (Coconut coals) on at a time when i smoke to prevent the head from burning out too quickly

what are some of your tips?
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Your Techniques During Setup

Depending on the tobacco, I will use either a tight, overpace (Nakhla or DM), or a loose pack (most other tobaccos). I use a single layer of HD foil and two coconara coals for my smaller Mya bowl and three coconaras for my larger bowl. I use just plain water in the base. I rotate the coals frequently to maintain an even heat distribution and management. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:47 PM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

I would recommend that you just use cool water. If you use too much ice you will lose out on some of the flavor.

Try 2 layers of foil, poke like 3-5 rings around the bowl, and put 2 coals on it. If its a more dry tobacco pack it more densely and give it heat!

Last edited by alanpeterson68; June 14th, 2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:49 PM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

I see that you are from Michigan so are dusty, scarcity, and I. Feel free to join out Michigan Hookah smokers social group. Maybe you can meet up with some fellow members and enjoy this fine hobby.

Last edited by alanpeterson68; June 14th, 2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Pack it tight for a long smoke. Nak won't pack too tight as heat makes it expand a bit. Three coals to start, the third taken on and off depending. I use water, no ice as it does little for temperature, and absolutely nothing for clouds, in my opinion. I light the coals as follows: leave on until 2/3 red, flip, leave on until completely red, and leave on for an addition minute or so. I flip/ash/rotate coals every 15 to 'whenever I remember' minutes. Wind cover/ third coal on after about half way through the coals or, again, whenever I remember.

Oh an when I put coals on I let the tobacco bake from 3-10 minutes. Or, again, whenever I remember.

:3

edit: Oshiet Michigan thread! Traverse City here!
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Maverik1666
Hookah Nut

My input is to not be afraid to take a coal off for a while. Sometimes it just gets too hot and needs a little cool time.
Old June 14th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Str8Rida
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanpeterson68 View Post
I would recommend that you just use cool water. If you use too much ice you will lose out on some of the flavor.
ya thats what i heard..but for some reason, i just love having big clouds
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:05 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

I have never experienced a loose of flavor with ice. Ice and cool water work the best for me. when i poke holes, i usually poke all the way through the shisha just to make sure that the smoke can get through without any difficulty on the pull. (Except when i had my beautifull vortex, RIP). I usually make my shisha "fluffy", i smoke AF and HH.
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Str8Rida
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AralVorkosigan View Post
I have never experienced a loose of flavor with ice. Ice and cool water work the best for me. when i poke holes, i usually poke all the way through the shisha just to make sure that the smoke can get through without any difficulty on the pull. (Except when i had my beautifull vortex, RIP). I usually make my shisha "fluffy", i smoke AF and HH.
how do u poke ur holes?

do u make a lot of do u do less?
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:41 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

I make one in the center, then in a cross pattern do 3 a side (13 total here). then i do the same cros pattern on the diagonals(or another cross if you turn the bowl. then i put on hol between the lines in the middle between the last two outside most holes. like a startburst kinda.
Share with your friends on facebook