Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

the police took my km

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 19th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Mukle
Hookah Newbie

Default the police took my km

I was smoking on the beach, as I often do when an animal control officer drove by. She laughed and asked "what are you doing?" I replied "Smoking a hookah". She called a regular officer over. He told me he could arrest me right then for possession of drug paraphenalia. Even if I was in my own house, a pipe was illegal. He then tested the tobacco. This whole time I was very polite. He called his lt. who told him to seize everything, including a Khalil Mamoun pipe and a BRAND new nammor hose, and give me a warning for possession of drug paraphenallia. He said it would be tested and if it came back negative I'd get it back but he couldn't promise about the pipe. I was quite upset.

I went home and my dad wasnt happy and went with me to the station. As we drove the Officer called me saying that tobacco was mine but I couldnt have the pipe and they could still give me a $500 ticket. We showed up and he started to try and feed some this is a town ordinance bullshit to me. Long story short, I'm out a km and a nammor and feel wronged. I looked into the ordinance and I did nothing illegal. They claim that any "drug paraphenallia" is illegal in the town. He also kept calling it a **** and got annoyed everytime I corrected him.

Now, I have a decision. Do I get a lawyer and push them, making me a very hated man in that town but teaching them a lession, or do I just get a new rig? Has anyone been in a situation like this and have any advice??

Thanks

**Edited for rule violations**
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:07 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

Default Re: the police took my km

wow man,
i would email a few lawyers and tell them about your scenario. don't pay any money, but perhaps a lawyer would be willing to work with you and get his pay out of the win...
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:14 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Nah hell no dont get a new rig cuz of a narrow minded police officer!

I suggest you do take it to another level and bring in a lawyer.

While your at it, search on the history of hookah to proof that hookah is mainly used for tobacco. They'll feel like real dips***s for giving you a hard time.

That's absolute BS and Id be so pissed off if i was you. If they do test negative (which will) but then confiscate some things, bring in a lawyer cuz this is absolutely unacceptable.

I wish society today would open their eyes about hookah so we all don't have to worry about smoking in public.
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:16 PM
lawngnome
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to lawngnome

wow man thats intense and its not paraphernalia if it dosnt have illegal substance resin in the bowl or wutever even if it was a **** u had. id call a layer if i were you!!

**Edited for Rule Violations**
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

that....is....absolute crap! id fight it, its not illegal at all, but still people will give you crap. you were nice about it the whole time and was telling the truth... if they test it, comes back negative and they keep it thats not right. get your rig and hose back!!
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:23 PM
mr2guy
Hookah Nut

Holy crap that sucks man. I would think about a lawyer, but make sure you know what you would have to pay a lawyer v.s. the cost of a new rig.
But if you believe being right and getting you stuff back is worth the extra cash, then go for a lawyer.

There is no way they should of been able to take it though, and they shouldn't be able to keep any of it.
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:24 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Seriously sometimes when I think about it, there has to be another reason why cops keep doing this besides pulling the "illegal substance paraphernalia" card.

Haha what if they just do it to get free sessions >_< sorry I know this is supposed to be a serious discussion, but ya can't help but wonder ya know!

Lmao maybe the first chick who stopped you was thinking,

"...Oh. My. God! its the almighty Km! this has to be the BEST. BUST. EVER! I'm smoking this at the station downtown!"

Hey maybe some of 'em are lurkers on the hookah forums and see how popular KMs are getting and they wanna try it.. :P

okay okay! I'm just kidding! I'll stop! haha
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I had an experience like that and the cops took a bunch of stuff that belonged to some friends of mine (cars, narghiles, shisha and a bunch of other stuff) and it took a lot of legal action to finally get everything back. I wrote about the situation a while ago. I'd suggest you get a lawyer and take them to court. I did and it worked out in the end.
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Yamin
Hookah Nut

Wow that pissed me off just reading it....

If I were you, Id consider,

A. Is it worth my time?

B. Am I passionate about fucking up these faggot ass cops?

If I thought it was worth my time, I'd sue their asses. But you also gotta consider that it may cost you more in the long run...
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:03 PM
vincent09
Hookah Nut

Fuck that, sue their asses.
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:08 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I would sue their asses pronto. nobody takes my Km and doesn't give it back!
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:11 PM
sugacaneshane88
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to sugacaneshane88

since it is a km, you should fight back.
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:22 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

wow dude seriously, I'd throw the most powerful lawyer in town at them. And I wouldn't stop until I got some money or that cop got fired. I can't stand ignorant close minded people who choose not to listen. You could problaby sue for defamation and/or wrongful accusation. If I was you, I'd pursue this till the end of all hell. That's just plaing wrong...

On a side note: This is why I'm thankful I live in a big city where the police is actually educated, and not in a little town were nobody knows what a hookah is...
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:27 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

First off, Did your dad just speak to the officer that too your pipe? and his sargent?

TALK TO THE CHIEF!!! He is the one that can ultimately say if you get your rig back or not!!!!! If his secretary says he is unavailable he should have bankers hours and come in and demand to speak with him. Be sincere and nice to him because he is your best bet. Tell the chief you are going to go to the paper, and getting a lawyer. It's not drug paraphenelia and you want it back. and since you were CLEARLY smoking out of it when you had it taken away, it was used, it was negative when tested, therefore only used for tobacco and you want it back!

If he doesnt' get your rig back, go to the paper. Write an opinion piece. Tell them that the police officer took your pipe and is refusing to give it back even though it was tested negative for drugs and it was never intended for drugs. It's a middle easter water pipe that is strictly for tobacco use only.

Good luck.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:39 PM
cast1e06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to cast1e06

yeah i agree with kk on the whole go to the papers thing.. it puts pressure on the department, and is a lot cheaper than a lawyer.. of course if that doesnt work and u really just want to make a statement u can always go the lawyer route.. either way make sure u do some research on the hookah and hookah tradition that way when u go to whoever u go to, u can make an argument backed by facts they can look up themselves...
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

KK is right, talk to the chief. It might be awhile cause honestly he/she is a busy person. You were wronged, but I would do what KK says. If all else fails take legal action.
Just a reminder; be polite at all times and address them by rank first, or if you are unfamiliar with their rank use "sir" at all times.

/root
Old February 19th, 2008, 07:05 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

Do they sell tobacco pipes in your town? If so put that on your side. Even more so if you have a place that sells hookah/shisha!

I'd talk to highest ranking person in the precinct. If you cant talk your hookah back into your possesion I agree with everyone else that you should get a lawyer. Or at least take them to civil court on your own.
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Mukle
Hookah Newbie

thank you all! as to kk we spoke to the Lt. above the officer, who is the one who made the final call. He also said that the windcover I made was illegal, presumably because I had bent a spoon to make the handle. I spoke with someone who lives in the town and she suggested to write to the town administrator and mayor and see how that works. I'm going to try that because I really cant afford a lawyer right now. as to wishdrftr's comment, this is a small town in the Charleston area. In the "downtown" city there are actually 2 cafes and some shops. I gave both of those cafe names. He was flip floping between it's illegal to sell period and illegal to own period and how he doesnt know how they get away with it.
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:09 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

lol
is bending a spoon illegal there or something?
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:29 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakingkevin23
lol
is bending a spoon illegal there or something?
you can't bend the spoon, that is... impossible.

you have to realize the truth...
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:31 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

GET A LAWYER! And be the hero to hookah smokers everywhere. I bet it will be int he papers!
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:32 PM
swoop4422
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to swoop4422

awe thats horrible man...FIGHT THE MAN!

ps-
my mom always calls it a **** and it drives me to no end
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
cloudy
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to cloudy Send a message via Yahoo to cloudy

You have been wronged. There's no doubt. But you should consult an attorney on this before you go any further. If they had actually cited you for something I'd say you have more recourse as it could go to court then. But in your current state, I'm no sure how much legal power you really have.
Old February 19th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Mukle
Hookah Newbie

I have decided to get a new hookah and write these letters as well. That way, I have a nice pipe and if somehow I win this, I have a trophy that I beat corruption. Where's the best place to find a quality KM?? I've never had to look so I never put much thought into it..
Old February 19th, 2008, 09:38 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukle
I have decided to get a new hookah and write these letters as well. That way, I have a nice pipe and if somehow I win this, I have a trophy that I beat corruption. Where's the best place to find a quality KM?? I've never had to look so I never put much thought into it..
i got mine from hookahcompany. i've heard lots of good things about pimpyourhookah, but i could never get constant contact from the owner because of a move or something..

i'm sure you'll be happy with any KM you get...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook