Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

help...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 20th, 2008, 02:43 AM
YA-MEZ
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to YA-MEZ
Default help...

im wondering how to approach my parents about buying me a hookah...how would i go about this?
Old February 20th, 2008, 02:47 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer
Default Re: help...

well your going to have to show them that its not a **** (nh) by showing its history, your going to show that you cant do drugs out of it atleast very easily, you can say how it is so much healthier than cigarettes atleast for the tar because hoohah doesnt have tar, hold your breath until you turn blue, fall on your back on the floor and kick and yell and scream and punch while in a crouded area and be sure to get in afew nice kicks of random people

Old February 20th, 2008, 02:49 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauer
well your going to have to show them that its not a **** (nh) by showing its history, your going to show that you cant do drugs out of it atleast very easily, you can say how it is so much healthier than cigarettes atleast for the tar because hoohah doesnt have tar, hold your breath until you turn blue, fall on your back on the floor and kick and yell and scream and punch while in a crouded area and be sure to get in afew nice kicks of random people
Lol I agree haha

Well first off, are they okay with you smoking and are you of legal age? If not, have fun trying to convince them lol
Old February 20th, 2008, 02:49 AM
mrMojoRisin
Hookah Nut

Well, it's legal and it's just tobacco. There are worse things you could be doing.

Tell them as if you were telling them you smoke cigarettes. It just tastes a hell of a lot better.

| 40" Temsah Caramana | [HOWTO] DIY Hookah Hose Hanger | Coffee Can Wind Cover |
Old February 20th, 2008, 08:44 AM
lawngnome
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to lawngnome

well if your 18 just go ahaead and buy one and dont say anything to them till they notice or just explain that its not bad or illegal and that its lots of fun! 8)
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:43 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

give them one as a gift.. tell them that you saw it at this antique shop and you thought they would like, then u tell them that u when online and found out how to prepare it, and found out the history behind it.. then you prepare in front and them and tell them to try it.. then u also try and say "wow this is nice" can i get one for my self also?
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:46 AM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

I would single one out. Talk to either your mom or dad alone depending on which you think would be more likely to let you. Then let them break it to the other.

Also, print out some internet articles about hookah to let them know you've done your research.
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:45 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Follow their rules too. No smoking in the house, Only once a week... anything they can think of obviously.

That will help you gain their trust.
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:40 PM
jbrandona119
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk
Follow their rules too. No smoking in the house, Only once a week... anything they can think of obviously.

That will help you gain their trust.
yeah. i agree with that. my parents also don't like it when i "put a gun to there head". metaphorically speaking. For example...if i told my dad that I'm going to get it no matter what and smoke it whenever, he will make sure my life is hell. so definitely bargain with them.
Old February 20th, 2008, 01:17 PM
cast1e06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to cast1e06

i had to convince my parent about it, mostly cause it was what i wanted dad to get me for christmas so he had to pay for it.. i done a lot of research on the origins, and the health facts and all that.. then had to make an oath to them that it would be used for tobacco purposes only.. gave them some time to think about it.... dont pressure them or they are more likely to say no.... and finally we all agreed that it would be ok.. and they got it for me..
Old February 20th, 2008, 02:38 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauer
Lol I agree haha

Well first off, are they okay with you smoking and are you of legal age? If not, have fun trying to convince them lol
I know Ya-Mez on a personal level. He is of legal age
Old February 20th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Theres a 4 step process to all of this that should be followed....and really....only the first three steps are necessary.

1. Move Out

2. Become an Adult

3. Buy a hookah

4. Tell your parents.
Old February 20th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

In all fairness tho.... lets say you have met the requirements or "your parents might be cool".

There comes a point in your adult life that you have undertaken the responsibility and accountability of your life long enough that you recognize what you do in your life is your business....and you get a greater sense of independence from it. If your parents disagree, they can. Its your life and your money.

If you are on your time and your dime..... then you spend it how you want.

It doesnt mean you dont love or respect your parents and their opinions. It means you are making your own choice. Which is just fine....as long as its your choice to make.

Old February 21st, 2008, 12:46 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

If your of legal age, you should be able to buy one on your own
Old February 21st, 2008, 08:13 PM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

well if you have a local shop you could just buy one yourself given that you are of legal age and do one of the following.... 1. smoke it in your room without your parents knowing, 2. take it to a friends house and smoke it. 3. move out? but if you buy online its the same thing..
Old February 21st, 2008, 08:27 PM
cast1e06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to cast1e06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemonster
In all fairness tho.... lets say you have met the requirements or "your parents might be cool".

There comes a point in your adult life that you have undertaken the responsibility and accountability of your life long enough that you recognize what you do in your life is your business....and you get a greater sense of independence from it. If your parents disagree, they can. Its your life and your money.

If you are on your time and your dime..... then you spend it how you want.

It doesnt mean you dont love or respect your parents and their opinions. It means you are making your own choice. Which is just fine....as long as its your choice to make.

i agree here... the only thing i would add is be respectful when u do.. if they dont allow smoking in the house then go outside or somewhere else while ur smoking... but other than that ur money so.....
Old February 21st, 2008, 08:40 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

so... buy a hookah and immerse yourself in hookah culture!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook