Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla only good in egyptian bowl

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 17th, 2010, 01:20 AM
hdwindex
Hookah Nut

Default Nakhla only good in egyptian bowl

well i just got a phunnel bowl today.
also have a vortex. and from what i noticed nakhla smokes better out of a clya egyptian then those two bowls.
i find they are no good for dry shisha. only stuff like af,starbuzz and such

am i just packing it wrong or is it just simply better in a egyptian ?
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:55 AM
requi3m
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Nakhla only good in egyptian bowl

I've packed nakhla in my vortex bowl and got it smoking very good. I packed it tight, poked a lot of small holes and used three coconara's and was set. I've never tried it in an egyptian bowl before so I'm not so sure on it in an egyptian. Look up if there are any vids on packing nakhla in a vrtex. Good luck getting it smoking well.
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

I use a nice Mod bowl for nak.
Old June 17th, 2010, 06:05 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

I have great luck with Nakhla in a phunnel. The trick is to overpack it, use fewer, larger holes and don't be afraid of the heat.

Old June 17th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker View Post
I have great luck with Nakhla in a phunnel. The trick is to overpack it, use fewer, larger holes and don't be afraid of the heat.
I think phunnels excel with over packing since you cant clog the hole and fuck it up.
Old June 17th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Jessica
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica

i use Nak in my vortex all the time... i just cant use it in my crown hookah bowl... but thats reserved for DM only anyways :-D

All hail the mighty FSM!!!!
I am who I am without regret or apology.
Your judgement and criticism will be ignored
Old June 17th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

I have used Nakh in my funnel but prefer to use my egyptian or mod bowls for all of the "dry" tobaccos. I generally use the funnel now days for any of the wet tobaccos. JMO but it seems to work well for me that way. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Thecheezanator
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Thecheezanator Send a message via MSN to Thecheezanator Send a message via Yahoo to Thecheezanator

I get a good smoke from Nakhla in my vortex, but its the kind of shisha that does very well in standard bowl. Just because its not extrememly wet. Just play with the heat management untill you have something that works for you, in any bowl you try.

In the vortex I dont put as many holes as most people do, and it seems to work for me extrememly well.
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:03 AM
esteban
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker View Post
Any pics of this? Do you leave the coals on for 5 mins before smoking?
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:51 AM
HSK Locals
Hookah Pro

i get great clouds from nakhla out of a vortex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni0Wn1ae1fs
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:42 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

To hookahholic:

even though the vortex was designed like the phunnel, meaning to hold the juices in, it has a different design too. It pull airflow from the entire bowl through the side holes in the spire. This is the reason shisha smokes differently than another pull. A vortex pulls from the side, a phunnel from the center, and a mod and Egyptian from the top. Notice I didn't say you get the utopia of flavor. Because of the difference in design, you will get a more round and even, mabye even mellower flavor. Not better or worse, just different. You should know that with something that is very much an art, meaning hookah, there is no right or wrong way to do something, just preference. Some people poke a strict 16 holes in a 12 outside 4 inside. Some do it random. Some put ice in the base. Some just use really cold water. Some use warm water. Some you unwashed hoses and others washed. Next time don't be so quick to say something is idiotic, because expierementation is why we have the luxury of choosing our preference.
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Ble3dth3freak
Hookah Pro

Damn yo relax. I don't think what he said was idiotic at all. In fact I kind of agree with him. One of the main points of a vortex bowl is that it's used to hold all the shisha juices at the bottom. Thats enough for me to reserve it for wet shisha only. It's my personal "preference". Maybe Hookahholic just had experiences with burning nakhla in his vortex and decided to share his opinion with someone who believes as he does. Don't jump down his throat over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerndunch110 View Post
To hookahholic:

even though the vortex was designed like the phunnel, meaning to hold the juices in, it has a different design too. It pull airflow from the entire bowl through the side holes in the spire. This is the reason shisha smokes differently than another pull. A vortex pulls from the side, a phunnel from the center, and a mod and Egyptian from the top. Notice I didn't say you get the utopia of flavor. Because of the difference in design, you will get a more round and even, mabye even mellower flavor. Not better or worse, just different. You should know that with something that is very much an art, meaning hookah, there is no right or wrong way to do something, just preference. Some people poke a strict 16 holes in a 12 outside 4 inside. Some do it random. Some put ice in the base. Some just use really cold water. Some use warm water. Some you unwashed hoses and others washed. Next time don't be so quick to say something is idiotic, because expierementation is why we have the luxury of choosing our preference.
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:20 PM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

I usually have great luck with Nak in my vortex. You just need to use a denser pack and a lot of heat. A wind cover helps a ton too. Best of luck next time.
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:21 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Rereading that i guess it did come off as a bit harsh :/ oops. sry about that. I had to go catch a bus and i was typing really quick. All I was really saying is that what someone mat consider unconventional, could be another persons utopia. Personally, it depends on the day for me. Ill smoke my nak out of a vortex the majority of the time but once in a while ill use my mod, because it gives it a different kind of umph.

Sry about that again Hookahholic. Moral of the story: reread before posting :/
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

If you know how to manage heat well, it doesn't matter. I use the standard egyptian, the phunnel and the vortex for nahkla. They all smoke well. The reason I use the vortex most is because the phunnel uses a lot of tobacco and the egyptian does leak some juice and just don't like cleaning it.

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:27 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

i find as long as i pack the nak super super tight a phunnel works and can even be overpacked
Old June 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Vortex
Phunnel
Eygtptian

Smokes the same in each of them. If you know your equipment, you know how to smoke out of it. I have 3 Vortex, 2 phunnel and 2 Eygtian and I get roughly the same session out of each.

Vortex tend to be deeper so getting the heat to reach all the way down sometimes is difficult without making the smoke too harsh. I actually chop up the Nakhla in a small Tupperware container with scissors to give it an AF cut, smokes all the way through in a vortex every time.

A medium phunnel will get you a good session off 3 coals. Once the goals are gone, the tobacco is normally finished as well.

Egyptians tend to leave a bit of tobacco on the bottom side untouched. Just come to be used to it at this point.
Old June 17th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMALIKIA View Post
Vortex
Phunnel
Eygtptian

Smokes the same in each of them. If you know your equipment, you know how to smoke out of it. I have 3 Vortex, 2 phunnel and 2 Eygtian and I get roughly the same session out of each.

Vortex tend to be deeper so getting the heat to reach all the way down sometimes is difficult without making the smoke too harsh. I actually chop up the Nakhla in a small Tupperware container with scissors to give it an AF cut, smokes all the way through in a vortex every time.

A medium phunnel will get you a good session off 3 coals. Once the goals are gone, the tobacco is normally finished as well.

Egyptians tend to leave a bit of tobacco on the bottom side untouched. Just come to be used to it at this point.
Mini Egyptian Ftw.
Old June 17th, 2010, 06:18 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

yeah for phunnels and nakhla you really need to overpack well for nakhla in general IMO heres what my small looks like loaded with +50g of nak two apples.....I use 4 whole coco's with this set up.....smokes great

its hard to tell how dense that is packed in there by the picture but I assure you there is not a way possible to get more in there....I actually put foil on top and use the table and press it down even harder...I added 2 photos of me using my "table press" method on a mod bowl with some black moassel to show what I mean......even then it dosnt sit exactly flush with the rim...
Attached Thumbnails
nakhlamericanstyle 007.jpg   nakhlamericanstyle 008.jpg   newmyastem 005.jpg   newmyastem 004.jpg  
Old June 18th, 2010, 02:24 AM
hubertee2004
Banned

i agree with you on the egyptian bowl, i use a large shallow egyptian bowl for my nakhla and it just saves shisha since u dont have to overpack. Also, u jsut haveto smoke nakhla traditionally
Old June 18th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Elco
Hookah Nut

personally I use an egyptian bowl and overpack it. But if i were you I would experiment for yourself. Everyone has there own tactic. You just need to find yours.
Old June 19th, 2010, 01:07 PM
esteban
Hookah Pro

Gave the phunnel overpack a try with some mizo watermelon, and it was intense, amazing flavour and clouds, pull was effortless from my nour.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook