Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Forcefield to full power save the floor!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 18th, 2010, 04:46 PM
z4dave
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Forcefield to full power save the floor!

Orrrrr get a huge plastic floor mat maybe like the office chair mats there clear so wont hurt the rooms aesthetics
Old June 18th, 2010, 05:44 PM
EvanW
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4dave View Post
Orrrrr get a huge plastic floor mat maybe like the office chair mats there clear so wont hurt the rooms aesthetics
They ARE clear, but they are NOT invisible. I get the feeling that something like that would not jive with his rooms aesthetics, but I don't know for sure,
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Road RunneR
Hookah Newbie

How about don't make a bamboo floor? I'm with JediSpam on this one... Don't really get what you want us to say?

-Dope looking coffee table
-Small area rug
-Zen Garden
-Combo Bowl

If none of those will please you, I can't imagine what will...
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Take a small piece of scrap plywood, 1/2 inch or so should be good. Measure and mark lines about an inch from all four sides and then ceramic tile from the inside out to the lines you made. Fasten a piece of scrap trim that rises about an inch all around the perimeter of the piece. Set your hookah up in the middle of the piece. If a coal should roll off it will land on the tile (non-flammable) and if it rolls further it will be stopped by the trim work around the edge. And, you can use materials that will compliment the decor of the room. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:58 PM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

why not just get a tile floor? black tile looks modern. or get one of those bamboo mats that roll up so when one side of it gets burnt a lot, flip it over.
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

I assume by bamboo floor you mean the parkay style not tatami mats right? If so why not have the contractor lay a 5X3 section on some masonite and put the hookah on that? Same aesthetic as the floor, and you can slide it under the couch when not in use but when you burn it, you won't care. Might be able to put a little lip around the edge too

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:18 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmaven View Post
I assume by bamboo floor you mean the parkay style not tatami mats right? If so why not have the contractor lay a 5X3 section on some masonite and put the hookah on that? Same aesthetic as the floor, and you can slide it under the couch when not in use but when you burn it, you won't care. Might be able to put a little lip around the edge too
not sure what parkay or tatami is, but this sounds like a great idea, not sure what couche im getting yet but im sure i could figure something out

What exact instructions would i give the contractor?
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Whatever type of flooring you are getting, have them lay a section (hopefully leftover material) on a piece of hardboard or even plywood. Then you can put a lip around the edge to stop roll-aways and make it look finished. I suggested hardboard because the textured side of hardboard would likely be soft enough to keep from scratching the floor you'd be sliding it around on I guess you could do felt too. As long as your couch has like an inch of clearance you'll be good and you can make it as large as your couch will allow.

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old June 18th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Regardless:
Buy a rug from target/walmart/etc for 20-30 bucks. When it's hookah time roll it out. When you're done roll it up, tuck it away in a closet, behind the couch, etc. It's cheap and easy. You can move rugs :3
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:32 AM
dynomitedik007
Hookah Nut

yo. what about a table about the same height as the tray with a hole cut in the center. so that you can put your hookah in it. and when the coals fall, they'll only be on the table.
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:33 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmaven View Post
Whatever type of flooring you are getting, have them lay a section (hopefully leftover material) on a piece of hardboard or even plywood. Then you can put a lip around the edge to stop roll-aways and make it look finished. I suggested hardboard because the textured side of hardboard would likely be soft enough to keep from scratching the floor you'd be sliding it around on I guess you could do felt too. As long as your couch has like an inch of clearance you'll be good and you can make it as large as your couch will allow.

Sounds like a great idea!
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:08 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Just had a brainfart on this subject. when i get around to drawing up designs i will post them.

chainmaille

So basically you would need a board, somehting that looks good for your decor. ok, now you make, (or have soeone like myself make) a chainmaille sleeve for your hookah base. Should work for most hookahs, although they will need to be customem designed. Lastly the skirting will need to reach the board on the bottem, where their will be hooks or clasps thatcan connect to the skirting with some good tension. it wont tip, but it will still move a bit if the table is bumped.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Victor3231
Hookah Nut

how about a large fire retardent type of mat, that is clear. kind like a plastic or rubber material. since its a 'modern' style room, plastics or metals are sometimes used in design. that what i thought. kind of like the mat hair dressers use in a salon underneath the chair someone has their haircuts in..! just throwing that idea out (:
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook