Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New hookah??

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 18th, 2010, 03:20 PM
bowlofsoup94
Hookah Newbie

Default New hookah??

Ok hookahpro so i have this little room in my basement that i smoke hookah in there is a couch and a few lazy boys with the hookah on a table in the middle. Only problem is it is the hookah is like a two foot chinese thing and the hoses are pretty damn short. so it gets knocked over alot cause of the hoses. but im just thinking i want to buy a new hookah, i want it to be three hoses but they need to be long. can you guys tell me some good ones for around 150 or 200? thanks, my carpet will be thankful.
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:28 PM
requi3m
Hookah Nut

Default Re: New hookah??

I would say go with a MYA, they have a big selection of them on Hookah-Shisha. All of them are upgradeable to 4 hoses and there are many different heights available. Here's a link to the site: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-241-m...y-hookahs.html Hope that helps you out in finding a new hookah.
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:42 PM
TampaJason913
Hookah Nut

go with a 2 hose KM. no reason you need 3/4... 2 is good enough.

you can get pretty much any hookah you want for 200
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:02 PM
dabboy
Hookah Nut

I'd say go with a MYA, which is odd because I always recommend KM's. While a KM is a better hookah, it sounds like having lots of people using your hookah at once is important, the problem with the km's is that they don't have any ball bearings where the hoses connect, so you need to be either covering then end of or using all of the other hoses for you to be able to draw out of it. I find that when I have friends over this is a hard concept to convey, and even when they do it's very easy to forget to cover so it can be frustrating. That is why you should go w/ a 2 or 3 hose mya.
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:28 PM
z4dave
Hookah Newbie

Get less clumsy friends
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Do you need/want a multiple hose hookah or will a one hose work? AF Large Solid, 36", $125, single hose only, though. Just got one and it is absolutely amazing. Smoke happy.
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:16 PM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

if you need the 3 hose definately go for the mya. id suggest the artoo or threepio. same hookah just ones silver and ones gold. they are auto seal hose ports and they have an acrylic base so when your clumsy friends knock it over the base wont shatter. and if it does break the base they are dirt cheap to replace. heres a link:
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-2805-...se-hookah.html
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-2774-...se-hookah.html
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Another thing to keep in mind.. at a 200 dollar limit you can buy nice long hoses separately from the hookah.. that way you know you are getting quality hoses. Like most people said.. if you really want another multi-hose.. mya is a good route.. or a standard egyptian is great too. (i have had a 2 hose egyptian for about a year and a half.. and if i polished it.. you would not be able to tell it had ever been used).
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:49 AM
bowlofsoup94
Hookah Newbie

well a few hoses would be better but i guess that a one hoser would work. do you guys know if they have ones that are about 3.5 or 4 feet tall. im thinking i want a really big one that won't tip and looks like a work of art. if its more than 200 that isnt too big of a deal
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:52 AM
bowlofsoup94
Hookah Newbie

what about some of the sahara smoke hookahs...are they any good? one of my friends had a little tiny one when we were younger but as i recall it smoked about as much as a cigarette.
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:56 AM
papasmurf1356
Hookah Nut

dude get the six hose rotator from hookah-shisha. i would be super jealous. it seems more like a novelty though...
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:02 AM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Mya all the way. You won't be disappointed.
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:02 AM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlofsoup94 View Post
what about some of the sahara smoke hookahs...are they any good? one of my friends had a little tiny one when we were younger but as i recall it smoked about as much as a cigarette.
I hear they rust out quick.
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:08 AM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
well a few hoses would be better but i guess that a one hoser would work. do you guys know if they have ones that are about 3.5 or 4 feet tall. im thinking i want a really big one that won't tip and looks like a work of art. if its more than 200 that isnt too big of a deal
Get a Mya Gyro. One hose version will run you $164 bucks. It can go to 4 though. Get a couple of gold colored auto-seals, and a couple of different style cloissone hoses. You don't have to add it all at once. I like having the purge valve, but on Mya they kind of suck. I have mine set at 3 hoses with purge, but 4 hoses is easy to do. I would go with red instead of blue. The blue Gyro is really more of a gray. It smokes awesome, and is a work of art.
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:11 AM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Base is that blue. Stem is more grayish. You will be happy. It's basically a mini Collossus.
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:13 AM
bowlofsoup94
Hookah Newbie

How tall is that one? does it come in a three hose?
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:22 AM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
How tall is that one? does it come in a three hose?
With the standard mya bowl it is 29 inches. I added a phunnel bowl which brought it up to around 31 inches. It's a perfect height in my opinion. Tall, but not to tall where it is easily nocked over. The glass is extremely high quality, and the etchings are absolutely remarkable. The stem is decorated with grapevines. I think if you get a 3 hose version right off the bat its like $225. I wouldn't do that though. Get the one hose version with the grapevine patterned hose. Then add the flower patterned and striped cloissone hoses seperately, so everyone has their own distinct awesome looking hose. Like I said, the gold auto-seal adaptors are also a nice touch. The fourth hose is all dependent if you want the purge valve or not. I would go with red though too make sure everything completely matches.
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:25 AM
bowlofsoup94
Hookah Newbie

this is going to sound really dumb but how do you get it up to 4 hoses when it only has two things on it (hose port and purge valve)?
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:35 AM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Look at this review on the Collossus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdTgFHJpY94

The Gyro is a little taller than set he has there. He removed one section, but the Gyro has two stem pieces and one ball as opposed to the two balls and one stem he has there(sounds gay, I know). Like he said though, the Mya hoses draw tight. Part of another reason why I would get the one hose version to start with, and add hoses as you see fit. Though they draw a little tight, they are pretty. The artwork is very high quality though, and I can assure you that you will like it.
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:37 AM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
this is going to sound really dumb but how do you get it up to 4 hoses when it only has two things on it (hose port and purge valve)?
It has four. The two other ports have screw in type seals on them that are small. They don't show well on the picture.
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:37 AM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

Quote:

not a dumb question. a lot of hookahs dont do it like mya. they use little screw out port blockers. there 4 ports on the common chamber. the hose port, purge, and two blockers on a one hose. the four hose has four hose ports and no blockers and no purge valve.
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:50 AM
bowlofsoup94
Hookah Newbie

oh so it has like little screws that are hidden so they arnt noticeable?
also i was looking at thins hookah http://saharasmoke.com/store/product...cat=291&page=1 would it be any good. looks solid to me.
Old June 19th, 2010, 05:07 AM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
oh so it has like little screws that are hidden so they arnt noticeable?
also i was looking at thins hookah http://saharasmoke.com/store/product...cat=291&page=1 would it be any good. looks solid to me.
I've never ordered from Sahara. Look at the reviews on them before you buy. They have nice looking hookahs, but I keep reading that they rust out quick. Keep investigating, and don't rush into anything

Old June 19th, 2010, 05:26 AM
bowlofsoup94
Hookah Newbie

do all mya hookahs have the hose ports that you can add on to? also riddle me this, will any hose fit mya hookahs? and will the hose come with the rubber seals?
Old June 19th, 2010, 05:35 AM
SoWz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
do all mya hookahs have the hose ports that you can add on to? also riddle me this, will any hose fit mya hookahs? and will the hose come with the rubber seals?
The hookah will come with hose grommets (aka rubber seals).
As for a hose, I suggest getting a washable one, they are thick gauge and most are VERY long.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook