Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

KM chillers question?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 18th, 2010, 06:25 PM
MachoCamacho131
Hookah Guru

Default KM chillers question?

Hey guys im thinking of getting a 8th hookah lol and really looking into getting one of these and will be selling all but my Mya colossus and bambino to get a nice set up one, this will be my medium hookah and most used so which size do you recommend

For those who have them, how do you like them do they make a big difference over the non chillers? Is condensation a problem? Thanks guys

Also would it even be worth it since the colossus breaks down to about 30"? The colossus is one of the best hitting hookahs I've ever hit, so if these hit better I'm down haha
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Default Re: KM chillers question?

KM is a great pipe, but chillers are wholly pointless.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:02 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

I have no personal experience with the chillers but from what I hear and understand is they're are more a "good in theory, but realistcly don't make much difference." from a personal observation, I'm not sure the smoke has enough time to cool as it passes to make it worthwhile. If you put 15ft of tubing as a hose in a ice bucket it would cool the smoke because the smoke/hose has significant time to chill. I'm just not sure if it's quie as viable as it sounds.

Once again. I have no personal expierience with them!!! So take someone who has practical expierience more seriously I guess. This is just my opinion and mabye a different view on it.
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Let me put it this way:

My buddy and I put two pipes next to each other, mine a 32 inch pharonie, his a 40 inch trimetal chiller.

Each pipe was topped with a vortex bowl filled with Desi Murli and three coconaras.

Each pipe was filled with room-temperature water in the base.

Each pipe was using a KM leather hose, effectively identical.

His pipe was taller, and had a chiller that we packed full of ice, then added cold water, and then salted.

His pipe (The chiller) smoked warmish, My pipe (Shorter, non-chiller) smoked COLD.

Why the difference? The only thing I can figure is the copper inner stem on my pipe made a bigger difference than I imagined.

Old June 18th, 2010, 07:42 PM
MachoCamacho131
Hookah Guru

I see thanks guys, have either of you smoked the Mya colossus before? I'd like to know how it compares a buddie of mine said he liked mine better than his 31" KM but I never got the chance to try one out.
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoCamacho131 View Post
I see thanks guys, have either of you smoked the Mya colossus before? I'd like to know how it compares a buddie of mine said he liked mine better than his 31" KM but I never got the chance to try one out.
Never smoked the colossus, but I have smoked a number of MYA pipes (Lounge I ran carried them) and my opinion is that they are sub-par compared to the handmade middle-eastern pipes.

Old June 18th, 2010, 09:42 PM
rideordie81
Hookah Master

the ice chiller dosent do much. height does however. more metal to absorb the heat. for instance, my 36in syrian smokes cooler than my 10in blueberry hookah.
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:47 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

i own a KM chiller, its beautiful, but the chiller does almost nothing, and i rarely use it
Old June 18th, 2010, 11:54 PM
MachoCamacho131
Hookah Guru

Alright I think I'm just gonna buckle down and get one.

I want the KM to be my regular, in between the sizes of the colossus and bambino, and with an extremely easy draw, so I think I'll get a tangiers super chief bowl with a narbish hose and that colored traditional wind cover.

Which KM would you prefer

Also my colossus has a vortex bowl with extra large traditional wind cover, nammor hose, sarahasmoke clear base and a heba diffuser, so kinda wanting something to hit a lil different so I can switch back and forth.
Old June 19th, 2010, 01:32 AM
z4dave
Hookah Newbie

This is a silly question but, theres no down side to smoking out of a chiller is there?
Its a nice option but even if you dont put ice its the same as any other KM correct?
Old June 19th, 2010, 02:42 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4dave View Post
This is a silly question but, theres no down side to smoking out of a chiller is there?
Its a nice option but even if you dont put ice its the same as any other KM correct?
Correct
Old June 19th, 2010, 10:17 AM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

I think a chiller is mostly for looks and more of a placebo effect. You think that the ice in the top is actually do something you you trick yourself into believing so.
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:59 PM
SavageBeast
Hookah Pro

Im not completely sure how well the ice chamber works, but here is something to look at, when you put ice in your vase, the coolness spreads further than the vase, it spreads up the neck some ways, it spreads to the tip of the hose, soooo...just a little bit of common logic would tell me that the coldness put off by the ice chamber would cool more than the 5-6 inches it covers? I don't know, just a thought.
Old June 20th, 2010, 03:59 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I love my Kamanja Wheat as my everyday smoke around 26" tall and smokes like all other Km's
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook