Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My hookah arrived some pics of it.... :eek:

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 21st, 2010, 07:50 PM
SoWz
Hookah Pro

Default Re: My hookah arrived some pics of it.... :eek:

The packaging from your pictures looks fine, I would assume its probably your carrier.
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:51 PM
plec
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdr View Post
yea i said i want to see what is in it first.
but he said no nblablah you first need to pay 22 euro's rembours....
so i'm def gonna cal the carrier service and demand my money back. or else...

and for the vendor i'm just going to ask for a solution andif he doesn't want to help me out wel yea that sucks...

but the carrier is going to get it. the have such a simple job moving boxes and even that is going wrong...

time for nap....
yea idk what carrier you use there but here ill only go with UPS i always have the same guy on my route and he treats my stuff with extra care hes gone so far as waiting 10mins for me to drive home from school to get a package. anyways im really sorry to hear about that man never used him before but most companies are chill bout that stuff good luck m8
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:42 AM
MachoCamacho131
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencermoody View Post
Giving the vendor and "ear full" would be idiotic and childish. Its not their fault at all. By the looks of it, the vase was wrapped fine. If the box gets smashed, it isn't their fault and getting shitty with them isn't the answer.

They don't owe you anything if you stuff gets screwed up, but most will work to make sure you are happy. Being an asshole wouldn't get you anywhere though.

This is the best option. Be cool about it, and most vendors will be willing to help you out.
It would be kinda hard not be be mad when ordering a nice hookah that your so excited to finally get, that took a month and a half to come then you open it and see this, but ya that childish cause even if they could do anything he'd have to ship it back which would take another month and a half then an additional one to get the new one so ya he should just chill and not worry about it lol don't take me to serious I like messing around.

Last edited by MachoCamacho131; June 22nd, 2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 04:42 AM
shak2ruff
Hookah Nut

that sucks bro, give the vendor a good ear bashing! good luck
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:25 AM
ttdr
Hookah Nut

i emaild the vendor and this is what he said

That is really sad, I’m sorry, it didn’t leave here like this and I have shipped over 100 of those jumbo bases in the last 7 months and haven’t had 1 break yet. I can replace them for you but would need you to pay for the shipping. Will that work for you?
We could file a claim with the postal services but they never come through,
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:34 AM
shak2ruff
Hookah Nut

i would say back to that, the goods have not arrived to myself in satisfactory condition and i think you should in this instance send me a new one out free of charge and claim your shipping charges back from the carrier. this is simply not good enough

dont pay stand you ground my friend let the claim any money back from the carrier.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:44 AM
phoenixautumn
Hookah Pro

You have my condolences. I am sorry for you loss, and may that hookah rest in peace.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:47 AM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

I agree with shak.

Stand firm and make it clear that you spent a substantial amount of money on a extremely nice hookah and you would expect customer care to match.

Don't give give the vendor an ear full of vulgarity as that never helps. As someone said, they technically don't have to do anything. However most vendors, especially in such a specific field of products, can't afford to have a bad reputation and are usually pretty cool people. That said, be firm, and don't settle for something that is obvously screwing you over. If you polite but firm and be proffessional about it they'll usually work with you. I'd imagine making you pay int shipping isn't quite working with you.

A bunch of my buddies are lawyers and such and when they get on the phone with customer support they have this persona full of strength and force in their voice. But it's never, I repeat, NEVER harsh, vulgar, or threating sounding or whatever. It's a certain kind of vocal charisma that you can literally get whatever result you want. If you can get that kind of control you'll be fine.

Moral of the story is if you handle it with care, no pun intended, you'll come out on top. Just use you judgement as to what is fair and workable between you and the vendor.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
plec
Hookah Nut

defiantly what shak said hold firm and smoke happy
Old June 22nd, 2010, 10:36 AM
dest2ko
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencermoody View Post
The box was obvious mishandled by the postal system. This vendor is doing you a huge favor by offering you a free vase if you pay for shipping.

You can't expect them to pay for the vase and shipping when it isn't their fault it broke. I would say that offer is already going above and beyond what most would do. Maybe next time asking for insurance would be a good idea if you are ordering glass. It will cost you a little more in the end, but save on headaches if shit happens again.
+1. Take the shipping service out of the picture. If you showed up at his house tomorrow he'd be handing you a free vase.

This is just the shitty rare instance in which something happens and it's not insured. I certainly don't like tacking on insurance to my packages, either. This is really a shame, altogether. I guess it really is a paradox and shows something about the hassle and fragility of shipping services that these companies can't yet guarantee unharmed $500 or less packages.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Take what you can get. They are replacing a product that was damaged outside thier control. that is amazing, so paying for the shipping is not all that unresonable. but you really need to contact the shipper soon, like yesterday, and complain cause it was obviously thier fault.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:47 AM
SavageBeast
Hookah Pro

The only part of this situation that sucks is that they can spin it on to you...you know try and say you did this, but most vendors look at it like this, he's a customer and we don't want to lose that, I can see this turning around and being a good thing for you. Just push the issue.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
lizzyrdd
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to lizzyrdd Send a message via Skype™ to lizzyrdd

Call the carrier - tell them to pay for the shipping for your new vase.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:10 PM
TampaJason913
Hookah Nut

Ive had this stuff happen before, and if you were in the US, he would probably ship both items to you for free. but international shipping is very expensive, so he needs you to cover it.

sending you 75 dollars in free stuff is something he doesnt have to do, so take what you can get and pay the shipping.

sorry that happened man, id stick to UK vendors from now on though.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook