Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Chap Slap takes 3 days to ponder the rules

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 21st, 2008, 12:00 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Chap Slap takes 3 days to ponder the rules

read the rules people they are posted everywhere. DO NOT USE NON HOOKAH RELATED TERMS, PERIOD. The warnings have been posted, the crackdown has begun.

Billy
Old February 21st, 2008, 01:08 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Chap Slap takes 3 days to ponder the rules

I really dont understand how people can come on this forum and not be able to read the rules since its posted like...EVERY WHERE! :

I'm kinda used to these rules cuz i've been at other places with the same rules as well.

All in all, don't risk it or else, new people! ^_^ Being banned aint fun, trust me
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:32 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Besides, even crummy shisha tastes better. :P

Old February 21st, 2008, 04:34 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

wow its like the site has transformed into another site.
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:37 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauer
I misspelled week one time. Well you can probably imagine what it said. I don't want to get banned for some typo like that again. I'm all paranoid. I mean when I got in trouble for it, it didn't make sense in the sentence anyway. I wish they could've just replaced the letter and tell me in a PM what I did. Instead of rocking me with a HALT DONT USE THESE WORDS IN HERE WE ONLY TALK ABOUT SHISHA ON THE SHISHA FORUM.
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:39 PM
Redneckwoman688
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Yahoo to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Skype™ to Redneckwoman688

Quote:
Yeah its kinda stupid what is going on...but whatever
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:44 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckwoman688
Quote:
Yeah its kinda stupid what is going on...but whatever
Now now now I wouldn't say its stupid. They do have a point there have been alot of references to things that shouldn't be referenced too. Frankly, the mods are probably tired of it. How do you get people to quick breaking the rules? ENFORCE THEM. Drop the ban-hammah . Besides it is three days cry me a river they can live without a web forum for three freaking days. I know I am not getting banned so I'm not worrying about it. Perhaps others should do the same.

Edit: To fix SOME grammer errors and spelling :P.
Old February 21st, 2008, 05:08 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

You know I haven't had any problems with the rules, I just dont talk about that stuff ever.
Old February 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

If you dont like the rules about not mentioning illegal substances in your posts then you are free to leave. We run our forum this way for a reason. I personally have to read EVERY post to ensure it is within the guidlines of the rules, so you can think that banning members is stupid all you want or make assumptions about a transformation if you like but the rules havent changed, people just arent paying attention to them lately.

Billy
Old February 21st, 2008, 06:51 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

+1 to what Larry said, and +1 to what Husky said ...

... here it is! We are getting bigger, and we have been trying to discreetly and politely talk and warn people behind the scenes, through PMs. We have been very lenient behind the scenes. Well, it is not working, because rules are still being broken. AND THESE are NOT new rules, they have been in place since the forum started!

I have even gone so far as to "GO TO BAT" for some members, and constantly given them free passes! Well, no more, we are implementing a three strikes and then a final permanent strike, for a total of 4 chances! More then enough of a warning system if you ask me!

You gotta step back and look at the big picture, the MODs have to READ EVERY post! SO that we can keep this forum running as effeiciently and politically media friendly as we possibly can, while at the same time ensuring that everyone has fun and enjoys their stay here.

Absolutely nothing has changed, but I think it is time that people know that we are taking the rules very seriously now. A little "eye-opener" to let you know that the rules are being broken, and we are going to enforce them, no questions asked.

Thanks for understanding, some of you ...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 21st, 2008, 06:56 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

All Rules have been in place since May of '2007

Get acquainted with them .. http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

We are not trying to "rain on anyone's parade" but we are trying to "run a community" here ...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM
boomhauer
Banned

i never said the site was transforming into another site, it would be stupid because this site broke off from that one to be different. my post was to say its looking more like it today. other people see it and other people are going to come on here and make a comment about anti-drug, or +1, or go mods, or ban hammer. just so many things to accrue posts.

i never said the rules where never there either or not to enforce them. go for it, i know i have done many things on here for which i should be banned for and if you feel like it then ban me, its just a ban oh well and if its permanent oh well shit happens.

EDITED: Due to violation of the "Plea For Harmony" Thread in the "Forum Rules" section ...
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Wow, alot of posts about someone not following the rules. Here's the deal, it's very simple, if you want to talk about things that are against the rules mentioning thae you get what you deserve. There is absolutely no reason to talk about that type of thing here. Everyone has heard these type of stories and frankly they are old and boring. If you don't break the rules, then you have nothing to worry about.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:14 AM
mr weenis
Hookah Nut

go go mod power!

sam, i forget if things are already like this, but when people register, could you give 'em a little box beneath the "check here to agree to the terms" box that says "check here to agree to NOT talk about anything other than shisha"? just as an added warning?
Old February 22nd, 2008, 01:30 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

You know what I am going to chime in here.

Boom you personally have used incorret tems recently. You have broken rules. I have taken the steps myself to edit your post for a NH item. I didn't ban you....Did I??...... I just edited it and went about my day. But we as mods ARE TIRED of this. You are well known member of the community, and you are slipping, other people see you doing this and therefore think it's ok. AND IT'S NOT.

We are a hookah community Not a NH community. If I see anymore NH talk I will edit the posts, send a warning after that you are getting the Ban Claw and it will be as sam said it would. No more chances.

(By the way if it's an HONEST mistake and you can tell an honest typo..... you will not be banned hey crap happens we understand, we don't want you sitting there all jittery if you make a typo. Just try to re-read your posts, and all is well with the world.

On a side note to that- if it occurs frequently or see it getting abused because people think they can, we keep records of which posts we edit. So please don't try and work around the system.

There are new stickam rules:
MAKE YOURSELF AQUAINTED WITH THIS POST, THESE RULES START TOMORROW 2/22/08. There is a thread devoted to them. And in the rules section. Ignorance is not a valid reason to break the rules because they are the same rules that hookahpro members abide by on this site.

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/index...24603#msg24603

As for any references to us changing. We are getting bigger. People are breaking the rules more and more frequently because people are testing us. We are not going to sit idle by and watch this place destroy itself or become something we did not envision it to be. WE as an entire entity are a tight knit community. We are trying to keep it that way but also grow with the new members and make them feel welcome and special too!
If people don't like the VERY VERY VERY few bans we have issued so far, or don't like the way we are doing thing please by all means, have fun some place else. Because we want people who love hookah, love the site, want to help out and who want to be apart of something GREAT.

I'm sorry but that's the way it is.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old February 22nd, 2008, 01:33 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Lol. Wouldn't just be easier if we all follow the rules and single out the people that don't?
Old February 22nd, 2008, 01:41 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Yes, yes it would. And I wish all of our members would follow the rules so we wouldn't be looked on like we are doing something "bad". But like any forum people want their say and open stuff up for debate yadda yadda. and Hence a thread ensues. it happens. but it's normal. When there is drama people want to dive right in it.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:26 AM
boomhauer
Banned

in that post where i said that oh so bad word, i was saying it in a way to stand up for hookah if the contents where read. if its not for the search engines then best to remove the word from the posts that say not to say the word otherwise your wide open there. probably how that member who was on here found the site "THCsetmefree". i havent seen him post since that day and since he didnt rename the account by the admins i take it that he either stopped using it or he got banned. even before that post i made and not including the "do not say this" topic there where 3 other posts which said that word yet they where not edited. now by claims of someone every post is read by them and by every moderator so those 3 fateful posts show that not every post is screened.

many times the word is said its not in discussion of the word but to defend hookah but we are also not to use other words to describe it so how can we keep the name of hookah clean. to not say the word is in a way not protecting it because if there are no posts against it then a reporter can come in and see that there is nothing saying they are not related. they would just not get material and not use the site but would find another that did say that they are alike so can use that to smear. why give less options to show that people who smoke hookah do not believe they should be lumped into one.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 04:25 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

well long text reading is boring lol.. if it was in a video (not a boring one) then ppl would follow it..

i know i already broke the rules couple of times but its not like i wanted to break it.. its just i didn't realise it hehe
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:36 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

BOOM- You know you are not allowed to mention any type of illegal substances or any items that use them. I don't care if it's an innocent reference. Do not say any type of nh related product (NON-HOOKAH) When you do searches, I don't want people finding this place because of anything nh related ok?

I read the other threads and so did the mods.... that's what PROMPTED us to do this. I didn't edit the post qouting yours because I wanted the other mods to see what you said because I wanted to confide in them and ask their opinion on it.

As for being "wide open" no we are not, the forum rules it states since : on: May 31, 2007, 11:13:40 AM title- Do NOT Mention Illegal Substances

"There are to be no drug references in posts. This can be anything from *****, to someone talking about *******, to the mention of *** being something else a poster smokes. This will not be tolerated in this community. This includes such phrases and euphemisms as "not always shisha" ,"the other stuff", "the stuff we don't mention" ETC. If it's not tobacco or herbal based SHISHA, just don't mention it."

That has ALWAYS been the case, we're just strictly enforcing it since we are seeing that word pop up a lot. That is the 2nd most misconcepted item that we use!

As for your claim that we can't defend and diferentiate between hookah and A NHD, there are tons of posts thought out this website saying their differences. In the rules, in general forum there has been LOTS of talk like this.Btw- Anybody who has ill intent and is all ready clear in their mind that a hookah is a NHD they will take anything they want and misconstrue it. So what I want is to keep this site free of any talk like that and when they do a search " the rules will pop up.........."

Hope that clears some things up.

NON HOOKAH DEVICE (NHD) to decribe pipes that aren't hookah
and NHT- Not hookah tobacco.

So no there isn't anyway I will allow people to keep breaking the rules. Here are approved abvreviations that can be used. I am not putting this in the rules right now because I don't want some noob coming on here asking for NHT or what not. It's find to say that your parents thought it was a NHD or your friend thought there was nht in your hookah. fine but please don't start topics likes guess what I smoked today... or built yadda yadda. OK?

Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:41 AM
lawngnome
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to lawngnome

this is not that big of a problem just dont metion anything else beside tobacco products its as easy as that
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

so i mentioned that i smoked cherry pie.. that's not tobacco and that's not related to hookah so that's sooo bad
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:03 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Dude come on! You arent going to win this one Boom. Its against the rules period. You may not use it in ANY context. Why do you need to argue so much about this. BTW, the posts you mentioned that slipped through the cracks, those will happen from time to time because we do have real jobs as well and we certainly make every effort to read every post. I just did a search for those posts and I didnt find the mentioning of illegal substances. This is simple, stick to the rules and there are no worries.

Billy
Quote:
in that post where i said that oh so bad word, i was saying it in a way to stand up for hookah if the contents where read. if its not for the search engines then best to remove the word from the posts that say not to say the word otherwise your wide open there. probably how that member who was on here found the site "THCsetmefree". i havent seen him post since that day and since he didnt rename the account by the admins i take it that he either stopped using it or he got banned. even before that post i made and not including the "do not say this" topic there where 3 other posts which said that word yet they where not edited. now by claims of someone every post is read by them and by every moderator so those 3 fateful posts show that not every post is screened.

many times the word is said its not in discussion of the word but to defend hookah but we are also not to use other words to describe it so how can we keep the name of hookah clean. to not say the word is in a way not protecting it because if there are no posts against it then a reporter can come in and see that there is nothing saying they are not related. they would just not get material and not use the site but would find another that did say that they are alike so can use that to smear. why give less options to show that people who smoke hookah do not believe they should be lumped into one.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

doesnt this site have some sort of word filter so if someone does type it in when its posted its just asterisks? or if you try posting it refuses until you change it?
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:05 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Not yet Raid3n, when we move over to VB we will have that.
Share with your friends on facebook