Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the body..

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 24th, 2010, 03:22 AM
SmokinAces
Hookah Pro

Default I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the body..

but i cant find 1. anyone got a good link?
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Nick
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

I can for see the shit storm this thread is gonna cause.
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:31 AM
SmokinAces
Hookah Pro

Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

i know

lmao i just need an article
Old June 24th, 2010, 05:20 AM
VShadowHeart
Hookah Nut

I would love an article too. I was looking and couldn't find anything either.
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:41 AM
SoWz
Hookah Pro

I don't think you are going to find one. Obviously smoking doesn't have a neutral nor positive effect on your body... If you're trying to compare it to cigarettes maybe we can help you.
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:48 AM
SmokinAces
Hookah Pro

yeh comparing it to cigs would be really good. im trying to search google but cant find anything
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:50 AM
ryon
Hookah Nut

Article does not exist
There is a Dr that did study the effects of hookah compared to ciggs
Interesting read

If your doing a school project LMK
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:52 AM
SmokinAces
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryon View Post
Article does not exist
There is a Dr that did study the effects of hookah compared to ciggs
Interesting read

If your doing a school project LMK

not a school project. nearly everyone i know is against me smoking. im just trying to show them it aint bad
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:02 AM
SoWz
Hookah Pro

Haha alright I'll get you the link when I get the chance
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:39 AM
SmokinAces
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWz View Post
Haha alright I'll get you the link when I get the chance
cheers man
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:55 AM
forecastle
Hookah Pro

you'll be hard pressed to find an article that says smoking isn't bad in the slightest, and even when you do all your friends will need are the 3,459,201 articles written in the past five seconds about how bad smoking anything is for you to drown out your statements (even if they have merit). I know a few threads have gone around with some report done by a Doctor stating that the smoking of moassel is not the devil alot would make it out to be. But still, your probably going to have a better route going the way of "while the smoking of cigars, moassel, and pipe tobacco are not the best things you can do to your body, there is still alot of products way more dangerous, such as cigarettes, automobile pollution", and now apparently cooked red meat as it is being found to cause certain types of mouth cancer =/.
The point i'm trying to make is, be rational, be respective, and take the high road when dealing with your friends, they must care about you if they are getting on your case. But, be strong in your convections to enjoy the kind of life that you want to live.
Keep up the search =)
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:49 AM
SoWz
Hookah Pro

Demonstrates the most recent study done by the WHO was flawed:
http://www.velvetgloveironfist.com/k..._interview.php

His speech:
http://www.antiprohibition.org/docum..._chaouachi.pdf

http://www.jnrbm.com/content/5/1/17

http://www.sacrednarghile.com/en/The...eGateFiles.php

That should get you started...
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:51 AM
puneet739
Hookah Nut

+1 for ur effort man...... gr8 work
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:17 AM
SmokinAces
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by forecastle View Post
you'll be hard pressed to find an article that says smoking isn't bad in the slightest, and even when you do all your friends will need are the 3,459,201 articles written in the past five seconds about how bad smoking anything is for you to drown out your statements (even if they have merit). I know a few threads have gone around with some report done by a Doctor stating that the smoking of moassel is not the devil alot would make it out to be. But still, your probably going to have a better route going the way of "while the smoking of cigars, moassel, and pipe tobacco are not the best things you can do to your body, there is still alot of products way more dangerous, such as cigarettes, automobile pollution", and now apparently cooked red meat as it is being found to cause certain types of mouth cancer =/.
The point i'm trying to make is, be rational, be respective, and take the high road when dealing with your friends, they must care about you if they are getting on your case. But, be strong in your convections to enjoy the kind of life that you want to live.
Keep up the search =)
cheers man. i get what your saying

Quote:
damn thats awesome

il read that all tonight man

thanks for that
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:28 AM
SoWz
Hookah Pro

Yup. Should give you a better insight into the whole thing.

Basic items are that hookah and cigs are COMPLETELY different things. They burn tobacco at VERY DIFFERENT temperatures. Shisha has 3 ingredients ... cigarettes have like 40,000... big differences ...
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:31 AM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

there was a thread comparing shisha and cigs like a year ago so it could be in the forum somewhere.
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Andorenan
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Andorenan

Quote:
Thank you, was looking for this as well!
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:47 PM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Good luck with that.
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:00 PM
JDDiamond
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Yup. Should give you a better insight into the whole thing.

Basic items are that hookah and cigs are COMPLETELY different things. They burn tobacco at VERY DIFFERENT temperatures. Shisha has 3 ingredients ... cigarettes have like 40,000... big differences ...
This is the argument I normally use with my friends, it usually gets them to drop the subject.
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:08 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

does "sheesha" have no effect?
i think the reason you cant find an article is cause its bad for you, i am aware of this while I smoke, but i enjoy it so i still smoke it
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:50 PM
JediSpam
Hookah Aficionado

the article does not exist because smoking hookah is bad for you. sry bro
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:30 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Do you cough while you smoke? do you hack up phlem afterwards, maybe after a few sessions? I do, so i know its bad for me. who cares, fuck the nay sayers and leave me to enjoy my pipe in peace.
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:08 PM
HellSpawn
Hookah Master

Quote:
+1

Cigarettes are also very addictive and hard to quit because of all the added chemicals in the tobacco (cyanide being one of them, very VERY poisonous), which also makes the tobacco that much worse for you. Shisha, however, is just pure tobacco (washed or unwashed), flavoring concentrate, honey/molasses, and glycerin. In addition, the tar is filtered out of the tobacco in the vase through the water, so it wont make your teeth, finger nails, and walls yellow. You can't even really tell if someone has been smoking hookah tobacco by the smell of their breath or clothes, cigarette smokers can easily be distinguished by the smell of cigarettes on their clothes and/or breath. Even unwashed shisha doesn't even have half the nicotine content of cigarettes (if I remember correctly, more than even 75% less than cigs). Also, as far as I can tell, shisha isn't chemically addicting, I say chemically because anything can become addictive because of personal habits, look at really fat people, any idea how they got that way? We all know what people are like when they try to quit cigs, and, sadly, more often than not, very unsuccessful. The most addicting shisha I can see becoming is like food, it tastes good so you want more, otherwise you don't want it. Plus, most people I know that do smoke shisha can go as long as they want without smoking shisha. I haven't smoked in two days in fact and I don't feel any different or like I HAVE TO have some shisha right now or I'll totally lose my shit. Just something that's very relaxing with some friends and tastes good. I can't even smoke alone, it's just not the same experience alone.

However, you'll never find a reputable article saying smoking shisha is harmless because as long as you're smoking/using tobacco in any form that makes its way into your body, it's going to be bad for you, plain and simple. It is, however, the lesser of two evils, in my opinion, because of my statements above. Your friend's merely care about you, try to educate them about the full truth of the matter and try not to be an ass hole about it. That's what friends are for right? lol
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:57 PM
muck4doo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSpawn View Post
+1

Cigarettes are also very addictive and hard to quit because of all the added chemicals in the tobacco (cyanide being one of them, very VERY poisonous), which also makes the tobacco that much worse for you. Shisha, however, is just pure tobacco (washed or unwashed), flavoring concentrate, honey/molasses, and glycerin. In addition, the tar is filtered out of the tobacco in the vase through the water, so it wont make your teeth, finger nails, and walls yellow. You can't even really tell if someone has been smoking hookah tobacco by the smell of their breath or clothes, cigarette smokers can easily be distinguished by the smell of cigarettes on their clothes and/or breath. Even unwashed shisha doesn't even have half the nicotine content of cigarettes (if I remember correctly, more than even 75% less than cigs). Also, as far as I can tell, shisha isn't chemically addicting, I say chemically because anything can become addictive because of personal habits, look at really fat people, any idea how they got that way? We all know what people are like when they try to quit cigs, and, sadly, more often than not, very unsuccessful. The most addicting shisha I can see becoming is like food, it tastes good so you want more, otherwise you don't want it. Plus, most people I know that do smoke shisha can go as long as they want without smoking shisha. I haven't smoked in two days in fact and I don't feel any different or like I HAVE TO have some shisha right now or I'll totally lose my shit. Just something that's very relaxing with some friends and tastes good. I can't even smoke alone, it's just not the same experience alone.

However, you'll never find a reputable article saying smoking shisha is harmless because as long as you're smoking/using tobacco in any form that makes its way into your body, it's going to be bad for you, plain and simple. It is, however, the lesser of two evils, in my opinion, because of my statements above. Your friend's merely care about you, try to educate them about the full truth of the matter and try not to be an ass hole about it. That's what friends are for right? lol
Certainly the lesser of two evils. However, nicotine is bad for your health, so submitter will never find that magical article. Nicotine constricts your blood vessels, which makes your heart work harder. It also contributes to clogged arteries. You might not have the same lung disease risks with the hookah, but the heart disease risks are the same as cigarettes.
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck4doo View Post
Certainly the lesser of two evils. However, nicotine is bad for your health, so submitter will never find that magical article. Nicotine constricts your blood vessels, which makes your heart work harder. It also contributes to clogged arteries. You might not have the same lung disease risks with the hookah, but the heart disease risks are the same as cigarettes.

I would debate your point based on:

A) Although nicotine may cause heart problems, I have no doubt that the additional chemical toxins present in cigarettes aggravate and complicate any negative effects of nicotine. Nicotine itself is harmful in quantity, yes, but I'd wager that nicotine blended with tar, cyanide, arsenic, heavy metals, and a cocktail of other known poisons is going to be exponentially more harmful.

and

B) Most of the ma'assel consumed in the western world contains a negligible amount of nicotine anyways.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook