Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the body..

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:22 AM
SmokinAces's Avatar
SmokinAces
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 608
Default I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the body..

but i cant find 1. anyone got a good link?
__________________
[/SI[SIGPIC]http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic10563_1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Nick
Status: Offline
Deleted Per User Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 904, Florida
Posts: 1,851
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

I can for see the shit storm this thread is gonna cause.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:31 AM
SmokinAces's Avatar
SmokinAces
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 608
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

i know

lmao i just need an article
__________________
[/SI[SIGPIC]http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic10563_1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 24th, 2010, 05:20 AM
VShadowHeart's Avatar
VShadowHeart
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 265
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

I would love an article too. I was looking and couldn't find anything either.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:41 AM
SoWz's Avatar
SoWz
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 827
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

I don't think you are going to find one. Obviously smoking doesn't have a neutral nor positive effect on your body... If you're trying to compare it to cigarettes maybe we can help you.
__________________
KM Americana w/ Illusion Base 34"
KM Quad Metal 2011 w/ Clear Jumbo (Gold Trim) 32"
KM Kamanja w/ Bohemian Base (Gold Trim) 26"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:48 AM
SmokinAces's Avatar
SmokinAces
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 608
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

yeh comparing it to cigs would be really good. im trying to search google but cant find anything
__________________
[/SI[SIGPIC]http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic10563_1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:50 AM
ryon's Avatar
ryon
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 345
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Article does not exist
There is a Dr that did study the effects of hookah compared to ciggs
Interesting read

If your doing a school project LMK
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:52 AM
SmokinAces's Avatar
SmokinAces
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 608
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryon View Post
Article does not exist
There is a Dr that did study the effects of hookah compared to ciggs
Interesting read

If your doing a school project LMK

not a school project. nearly everyone i know is against me smoking. im just trying to show them it aint bad
__________________
[/SI[SIGPIC]http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic10563_1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:02 AM
SoWz's Avatar
SoWz
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 827
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Haha alright I'll get you the link when I get the chance
__________________
KM Americana w/ Illusion Base 34"
KM Quad Metal 2011 w/ Clear Jumbo (Gold Trim) 32"
KM Kamanja w/ Bohemian Base (Gold Trim) 26"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:39 AM
SmokinAces's Avatar
SmokinAces
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 608
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWz View Post
Haha alright I'll get you the link when I get the chance
cheers man
__________________
[/SI[SIGPIC]http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic10563_1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:55 AM
forecastle's Avatar
forecastle
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 596
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

you'll be hard pressed to find an article that says smoking isn't bad in the slightest, and even when you do all your friends will need are the 3,459,201 articles written in the past five seconds about how bad smoking anything is for you to drown out your statements (even if they have merit). I know a few threads have gone around with some report done by a Doctor stating that the smoking of moassel is not the devil alot would make it out to be. But still, your probably going to have a better route going the way of "while the smoking of cigars, moassel, and pipe tobacco are not the best things you can do to your body, there is still alot of products way more dangerous, such as cigarettes, automobile pollution", and now apparently cooked red meat as it is being found to cause certain types of mouth cancer =/.
The point i'm trying to make is, be rational, be respective, and take the high road when dealing with your friends, they must care about you if they are getting on your case. But, be strong in your convections to enjoy the kind of life that you want to live.
Keep up the search =)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:49 AM
SoWz's Avatar
SoWz
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 827
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Demonstrates the most recent study done by the WHO was flawed:
http://www.velvetgloveironfist.com/k..._interview.php

His speech:
http://www.antiprohibition.org/docum..._chaouachi.pdf

http://www.jnrbm.com/content/5/1/17

http://www.sacrednarghile.com/en/The...eGateFiles.php

That should get you started...
__________________
KM Americana w/ Illusion Base 34"
KM Quad Metal 2011 w/ Clear Jumbo (Gold Trim) 32"
KM Kamanja w/ Bohemian Base (Gold Trim) 26"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:51 AM
puneet739's Avatar
puneet739
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 199
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

+1 for ur effort man...... gr8 work
__________________
hookah is a passion.....
best hookah setup: mya hose, mod bowl, af peach, 2 silver coals
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:17 AM
SmokinAces's Avatar
SmokinAces
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 608
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by forecastle View Post
you'll be hard pressed to find an article that says smoking isn't bad in the slightest, and even when you do all your friends will need are the 3,459,201 articles written in the past five seconds about how bad smoking anything is for you to drown out your statements (even if they have merit). I know a few threads have gone around with some report done by a Doctor stating that the smoking of moassel is not the devil alot would make it out to be. But still, your probably going to have a better route going the way of "while the smoking of cigars, moassel, and pipe tobacco are not the best things you can do to your body, there is still alot of products way more dangerous, such as cigarettes, automobile pollution", and now apparently cooked red meat as it is being found to cause certain types of mouth cancer =/.
The point i'm trying to make is, be rational, be respective, and take the high road when dealing with your friends, they must care about you if they are getting on your case. But, be strong in your convections to enjoy the kind of life that you want to live.
Keep up the search =)
cheers man. i get what your saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWz View Post
damn thats awesome

il read that all tonight man

thanks for that
__________________
[/SI[SIGPIC]http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic10563_1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:28 AM
SoWz's Avatar
SoWz
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 827
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Yup. Should give you a better insight into the whole thing.

Basic items are that hookah and cigs are COMPLETELY different things. They burn tobacco at VERY DIFFERENT temperatures. Shisha has 3 ingredients ... cigarettes have like 40,000... big differences ...
__________________
KM Americana w/ Illusion Base 34"
KM Quad Metal 2011 w/ Clear Jumbo (Gold Trim) 32"
KM Kamanja w/ Bohemian Base (Gold Trim) 26"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:31 AM
blazingking's Avatar
blazingking
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 443
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

there was a thread comparing shisha and cigs like a year ago so it could be in the forum somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Andorenan's Avatar
Andorenan
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hoogezand - Groningen
Posts: 60
Send a message via MSN to Andorenan
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWz View Post
Thank you, was looking for this as well!
__________________
My rig: KM Heart of lion, nammor hose, vortex bowl.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:47 PM
muck4doo's Avatar
muck4doo
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 480
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Good luck with that.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:00 PM
JDDiamond
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWz View Post
Yup. Should give you a better insight into the whole thing.

Basic items are that hookah and cigs are COMPLETELY different things. They burn tobacco at VERY DIFFERENT temperatures. Shisha has 3 ingredients ... cigarettes have like 40,000... big differences ...
This is the argument I normally use with my friends, it usually gets them to drop the subject.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:08 PM
ariberns's Avatar
ariberns
Status: Offline
Hookah Master

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: nyc
Posts: 5,971
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

does "sheesha" have no effect?
i think the reason you cant find an article is cause its bad for you, i am aware of this while I smoke, but i enjoy it so i still smoke it
__________________
Hookah Pro Legitimate hookah without the bias.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:50 PM
JediSpam
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,524
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

the article does not exist because smoking hookah is bad for you. sry bro
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:30 PM
AralVorkosigan's Avatar
AralVorkosigan
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Renton, Wa
Posts: 381
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Do you cough while you smoke? do you hack up phlem afterwards, maybe after a few sessions? I do, so i know its bad for me. who cares, fuck the nay sayers and leave me to enjoy my pipe in peace.
__________________
Give a man a match, he will be warm for an hour. Set that man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:08 PM
HellSpawn's Avatar
HellSpawn
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,391
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWz View Post
Basic items are that hookah and cigs are COMPLETELY different things. They burn tobacco at VERY DIFFERENT temperatures. Shisha has 3 ingredients ... cigarettes have like 40,000... big differences ...
+1

Cigarettes are also very addictive and hard to quit because of all the added chemicals in the tobacco (cyanide being one of them, very VERY poisonous), which also makes the tobacco that much worse for you. Shisha, however, is just pure tobacco (washed or unwashed), flavoring concentrate, honey/molasses, and glycerin. In addition, the tar is filtered out of the tobacco in the vase through the water, so it wont make your teeth, finger nails, and walls yellow. You can't even really tell if someone has been smoking hookah tobacco by the smell of their breath or clothes, cigarette smokers can easily be distinguished by the smell of cigarettes on their clothes and/or breath. Even unwashed shisha doesn't even have half the nicotine content of cigarettes (if I remember correctly, more than even 75% less than cigs). Also, as far as I can tell, shisha isn't chemically addicting, I say chemically because anything can become addictive because of personal habits, look at really fat people, any idea how they got that way? We all know what people are like when they try to quit cigs, and, sadly, more often than not, very unsuccessful. The most addicting shisha I can see becoming is like food, it tastes good so you want more, otherwise you don't want it. Plus, most people I know that do smoke shisha can go as long as they want without smoking shisha. I haven't smoked in two days in fact and I don't feel any different or like I HAVE TO have some shisha right now or I'll totally lose my shit. Just something that's very relaxing with some friends and tastes good. I can't even smoke alone, it's just not the same experience alone.

However, you'll never find a reputable article saying smoking shisha is harmless because as long as you're smoking/using tobacco in any form that makes its way into your body, it's going to be bad for you, plain and simple. It is, however, the lesser of two evils, in my opinion, because of my statements above. Your friend's merely care about you, try to educate them about the full truth of the matter and try not to be an ass hole about it. That's what friends are for right? lol
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:57 PM
muck4doo's Avatar
muck4doo
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 480
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSpawn View Post
+1

Cigarettes are also very addictive and hard to quit because of all the added chemicals in the tobacco (cyanide being one of them, very VERY poisonous), which also makes the tobacco that much worse for you. Shisha, however, is just pure tobacco (washed or unwashed), flavoring concentrate, honey/molasses, and glycerin. In addition, the tar is filtered out of the tobacco in the vase through the water, so it wont make your teeth, finger nails, and walls yellow. You can't even really tell if someone has been smoking hookah tobacco by the smell of their breath or clothes, cigarette smokers can easily be distinguished by the smell of cigarettes on their clothes and/or breath. Even unwashed shisha doesn't even have half the nicotine content of cigarettes (if I remember correctly, more than even 75% less than cigs). Also, as far as I can tell, shisha isn't chemically addicting, I say chemically because anything can become addictive because of personal habits, look at really fat people, any idea how they got that way? We all know what people are like when they try to quit cigs, and, sadly, more often than not, very unsuccessful. The most addicting shisha I can see becoming is like food, it tastes good so you want more, otherwise you don't want it. Plus, most people I know that do smoke shisha can go as long as they want without smoking shisha. I haven't smoked in two days in fact and I don't feel any different or like I HAVE TO have some shisha right now or I'll totally lose my shit. Just something that's very relaxing with some friends and tastes good. I can't even smoke alone, it's just not the same experience alone.

However, you'll never find a reputable article saying smoking shisha is harmless because as long as you're smoking/using tobacco in any form that makes its way into your body, it's going to be bad for you, plain and simple. It is, however, the lesser of two evils, in my opinion, because of my statements above. Your friend's merely care about you, try to educate them about the full truth of the matter and try not to be an ass hole about it. That's what friends are for right? lol
Certainly the lesser of two evils. However, nicotine is bad for your health, so submitter will never find that magical article. Nicotine constricts your blood vessels, which makes your heart work harder. It also contributes to clogged arteries. You might not have the same lung disease risks with the hookah, but the heart disease risks are the same as cigarettes.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Coyotero's Avatar
Coyotero
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mesa, Az.
Posts: 2,391
Default Re: I need an article to say that sheesha has no negative affects on the bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck4doo View Post
Certainly the lesser of two evils. However, nicotine is bad for your health, so submitter will never find that magical article. Nicotine constricts your blood vessels, which makes your heart work harder. It also contributes to clogged arteries. You might not have the same lung disease risks with the hookah, but the heart disease risks are the same as cigarettes.

I would debate your point based on:

A) Although nicotine may cause heart problems, I have no doubt that the additional chemical toxins present in cigarettes aggravate and complicate any negative effects of nicotine. Nicotine itself is harmful in quantity, yes, but I'd wager that nicotine blended with tar, cyanide, arsenic, heavy metals, and a cocktail of other known poisons is going to be exponentially more harmful.

and

B) Most of the ma'assel consumed in the western world contains a negligible amount of nicotine anyways.
__________________

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problems with nammor hose and km sheesha mashisha Hookah Discussion 6 June 25th, 2010 11:05 PM
Bridget Smokes the Sheesha DRMALIKIA Hookah Discussion 22 May 4th, 2010 03:07 PM
What Sheesha Is This? SmokinAces Hookah Discussion 25 April 23rd, 2010 07:35 PM
How much sheesha Cloud9 Hookah Discussion 25 November 17th, 2009 06:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.